AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I save multiple messages on AOL Desktop Gold, I receive a confirmation. However, when I save only a single message, I do not receive a

When I save multiple emails from AOL Desktop Gold into a folder on AOL, I receive a small confirmation message from AOL. However, if I save only a single email, I do not receive that small confirmation. Can you kindly fix this? The confirmation is very helpful because if I accidentally save a message into the wrong folder, the confirmation alerts me to my error. If a mistake is made and I have no confirmation, I'll never find the message again. Thank you for considering this.

188th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Aol Desktop Gold

Suggest you offer an option in the settings for mail to always show oldest "New" mail at the top, and newest at the bottom permanently. Currently, I have to click on 'Date' every time to reverse the order of display!

188th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I delete email headers & footers when printing?

If I don't want email headers and footers to appear on printed email, how do I turn this feature off by default? The workaround in print preview has an easy check the box option, but only for that particular email.

188th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPAM blocking using prefix (everything to left of @ including @) instead of complete address

Blocking SPAM by using prefix (everything to left of @ including @) instead of complete address.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DISABLE SPAM CONTROL COMPLETELY

I want to disable spam controls completely. Your current program puts too many items into the spam folder including desired mail.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WRT My Mail Folders::: Add a slider bar to scroll through my 200! folders faster. too slow!

Add a slider bar to scroll through my 200! folders faster. too slow! Or add ability to sub-folder!

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sub folders

aol should have an option to create sub folders inside the folder. that is a simple but impacting thing and it should be part of aol. Gmail allows it so why can't AOL Gold?

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps: 1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired

AOL – September 24, 2020 – set size of email window:
    First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps:
    1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the TOOL BAR AT THE TOP, click " Window" (between SAFETY and KEYWORD!) then choose " Save Window Size and Position" from the drop-down menu.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email folder/speed/funtionality problems

"HOT Fixed! - slow loading/switching mailbox folders" fixed nothing and caused more issues. I was really excited to read that you were finally addressing this problem. If anything the folders are even slower loading after this update. Also the Quick Find feature is now mostly broken. Works sometimes, not others. I need fast loading folders to sift through work-related emails. Why is email functionality not a priority with your team? I'm sure there's a lot of users who like the desktop software for work-related emails. I don't like AOL webmail. Please improve the desktop software email.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Old emails showing up when I open my mail.

Old emails I have read for August are showing up when I click on Read. Please fix this

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base