Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. mail problems

All too often when I check my deleted mail, my sent mail is listed instead. Or old mail. I have almost permanently deleted sent mail and not the deleted mail because of this error. Please display the correct mail listings. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

2. Time stamp on printed emails is incorrect. Indicates Central Standard Time vice Central Daylight Time.

The date stamp that is placed on email shows central standard time vice central daylight time. Central standard time doesn't start until Sunday November 4th @ 2:00 AM. It is now 9/27/2018. ??????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Your system is changing the address of the e-mail I am writing from yahoo.com to AOL creating a demon response

Your system is changing the address of the e-mail I am writing from yahoo.com to AOL creating a demon response

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make sure the email addresses are complete, including @DomainExample.com . In case the domain name is not included in the email address, the username will be treated as an AOL account and @aol.com will automatically be added at the end.
    If you are using the auto-complete feature to add the contacts in the recipient box, check your address book, and make sure this contact has the correct full Yahoo email address.

4. In "Mail", "Spam Settings" IT WILL NOT "SAVE" SPAM ADDRESSES PLEASE FIX THIS

In "Mail", "Spam Settings" the sender Spam email addresses I add are NOT saved, even though it says "Changes have been saved" How do you fix this?, as it is important Spam control feature. I asked about correcting this previously with no response. Please respond.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Service failure

Why am I getting error message can not load mail try back in five minutes. This has been going on for hours

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

6. deleting SENT emails goes into trash and then they have to be deleted again. FIX THIS PLEASE.

deleting "sent" mails sends them into the trash folder so you have to delete them a SECOND TIME. ridiculous

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

After mail is deleted it will remain in your Trash folder anywhere from 7 to 30 days, before it will be permanently deleted. In this time, you can recover emails from the Trash folder, and move them to the Inbox or other mail folders.

7. email spacing

-when I received emails from other email recipients than aol , e-mails are compsed like in triple spacing, it's taking a lot of space and printing on a lot of paper , this happened after the glitch on AOL desktop gold a week ago , We have already tried to do a lot of troubleshooting with your technical support , and still resolve . See below for example :

Hello sister,

I hope this email finds you well and that it is working as it should be.

Love you very much.

• and in addition to this, I also cannot create…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to make sure the page zoom is not causing the spacing issue, first, open the email you are having trouble with, then click on the ‘Edit’ menu on the top left, and select 100% from the ‘Zoom’ category. If this does not resolve the spacing issue it means that this is caused by the sender’s email client.

To create an email signature, follow the steps from the article below. You can copy the signature from one account and paste it into another one. If you receive an error message stating that the signature is too large, set the default format of the text to Arial font with the size 10pt, then save the signature. After the signature is saved, you can change the font type and size to the one you desire.

https://help.aol.com/articles/the-new-aol-desktop-using-mail-aim-browsing-the-web

8. Sorry, we don't recognize this email.

Have not been able to sign on for 15 days now.
    All I get from AOL Agent is this: I do apologize but our system is currently undergoing a maintenance relating to your issue. In fact, we are receiving a heavy amount of similar cases like yours. Currently our fix team from headquarters are well aware & are working around the clock to fix this.

About 4 different Agents have sent me that same message word for word.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are sorry you are experiencing issues logging in, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. In order to resolve this, please call us at 800-307-7969 Mon – Fri: 10AM – 7PM, and one of our customer support agents will be able to assist you regarding this issue. Thank you.

9. not receiving all the attachments in my mails

when someone sends me a mail with an amount of images larger than 100 images, the mail will show the total amount, for example 122 images in the attachment.
    but when I download all, it only downloads 100 images.
    and the mail only shows 100 images.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

In case the problem persists, please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at the number 1-888-265-3733, in order to have one or our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

10. Mail System all messed up!! Pleaseeee Fix It!!

It was working fine last week!! Someone changed it !! Return to old system!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to disable the delete mail confirmation prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

11. Email With Attachments

Can you please review this comment from one of my customers. Their system keeps flagging my emails as spam. I only know of one way to attach documents. Is there another method as they suggest?
    Comment Submitted.

******** on Nov 08 2018 12:06:43 PM
    Comment:
    Hi Miles,

I was researching online about this (other people have seen an uptick
    in emails from aol.com being blocked like you've seen). This may sound
    weird, but can you ask the sender how they are attaching the attachment
    - is it via the paperclip or drag & drop. If it is with the paperclip,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If a 3rd party email service is flagging emails sent by you, as Spam, their email administrator will need to white-list your email address. Please contact Mimecast in order to resolve this.

12. Help

The free AOL program allows me to display my name (Lou ****) when I send emails. AOL Desktop Gold does not allow the same feature.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Click on Mail > Mail Settings > General tab > next to display name type the name you wish to have when sending email, then click Save.

13. network error

Have been getting this error message for 1 week now. The error messages come up repeatedly after about an hour and then stop.The connection is fine. Please advise how I can resolve this ASAP.

"Network Error
    We seem to be having some trouble connecting to the internet. Please check your internet connection and then try again"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please power cycle (reboot) your modem/router, by following these steps:
    Switch off and unplug the power from your modem/router.
    Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
    Plug the power back into the modem/router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-800-827-6364.

14. Prior one would be made aware there was a bad address, but that feature was eliminated, its difficult with the blue boxes to correct errrors

Prior one would be made aware there was a bad address, but that feature was eliminated, its difficult with the blue boxes to correct errors. Gold messed up ease of aol email

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the recipient’s email address has the correct format (username and a domain name), you will not receive an error message when sending the email. In case the address contains characters that are not allowed, or the email address is incomplete you will be prompted by an error message when attempting to send the email.

When sending the email to an email address that is misspelled, you will not receive a pop-up error message, instead AOL will attempt to deliver the email. When we are unable to deliver the email to the recipient, you will receive a bounce-back error message containing the reason for the delivery failure.

In order to remove an email address from the To, Cc or Bcc fields, right-click on it, and select ‘Remove’ from the pop-up menu.

15. Blind copy addressees no longer showing

As of last week I can no longer see the email addresses of people I sent mail to in BLIND COPY (BCC). Why was this removed?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Download All not working

When you have an incoming mail with attachments, say 6 or 8, you cannot select 'Download All' and make anything happen. All it does is load all the (images in this case) into the body of the email... You have to go to each file separately in order for you to download them -- why can't this work like the old AOL????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can see new emails on my ipad, but they dont show up on my aol desktop why is that

I can see new emails on my ipad, but they dont show up on my aol desktop why is tha

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Screen names

So if I delete a screen name I can't replace it with another without
    making a whole new account? And another $3.99 a month. Do I
    understand that right?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the past, AOL offered the ability to create secondary usernames linked to this Master username, however, as of November 30, 2017, the ability to add or manage additional usernames has been removed.

Any new usernames will be created as separate accounts and will not linked to your existing AOL account.

19. email access on devices being discontinued?

After being locked out of my emails because my password had been disabled, I called customer service and was told I can no longer access emails on my tablet and phone(android) unless I download an app? I don't want to as I don't have enough room on my phone. I have been using the email icon on my phone to access aol for YEARS. I was told it was a new update that took that capability away. Can I get that back? Change back to the old version? I have been a member for over 20 yrs and I pay…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can access your AOL Mail through the native Android mail application, by configuring it using the AOL IMAP/POP servers. To do this please follow the steps in the section titled “Instructions for common email apps” from the help article below: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

In case you enabled the 2 Step Verification on your account, you will have to create an application specific password for the mail application on your Android. To create the application specific password, please follow these steps:

1. Visit login.aol.com/account/security and sign in to your AOL account.

2. Look for “App passwords”, and click “Generate password”.

3. Remove the email account from the phone’s mail settings, and re-add it using the application password you previously setup.

20. My screen freezes and the address bar state that I am not secured even with the HTTPS: showing?

Is it just aol or my service At&t but typing emails, my letter show up slow as I am typing words way past the poit the show up in?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please power cycle (reboot) your modem/router, by following these steps:
    *Switch off and unplug the power from your modem/router.
    *Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
    *Plug the power back into the modem/router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet.

In case the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our technical Support Agents further investigate.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base