Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

2. AOL Log in issue

Whenever we travel to Scotland, I am always having an issue with my
    Password and a lot of changes is happening on my account last week of August. It's very inconvenient. Please get a fix on this as soon as possible for us to stay longer on AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Your IP address is your location online and each session should start with the same few sets of numbers. Click any recent activity entry to view its IP address as well as the date and time it was collected. If one is drastically different from the others, remove it and change your password. Be aware that there are some legitimate reasons why your history can show unfamiliar locations, such as your mobile or AOL Gold software detecting the wrong location or Internet provider using a proxy server.

3. I have over 6000 emails. I keep getting more as I don't have time to read them all. Delete them all or?

Delete all emails or save all emails. I don't have time to read 6000 emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To delete multiple emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the emails that you wish to delete.

2. Click Delete.

To delete multiple consecutive emails:

1. In your Mailbox window click the first email that you wish to delete.

2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected.

3. Click Delete.

If you have any other questions call us at 1-888-265-3733.

4. Trouble Deleting Emails

Lately, when I click on an advertising email in order to delete it, the email tends to open up. Is this intentional on aol's part in order to increase clicks? I find it annoying and a waste of my time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How about showing a little love for your fee paying customers? 30 minutes on hold! All mail going into spam. No way to stop it and no AOL

All mail goes into spam folder. Talked to your folks and they agreed after taking over my computer that any mail sent to me going to spam. They told me they were in contact with the high tect people and would be back in contact with me. Stay off the phone for the call... HA 4 days ago...I am a 25 years fee paying customer of AOL.. May not make 26!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.
    Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

6. FIX THE BUGS WHEN REPORTED

Ever since the Windows 10 update a few days ago, when I click on WRITE to write a email or at times click on my MAILBOX, my AOL Desktop flashes off and needs to be reloaded. This "bug" ONLY occurs on AOL Desktop, not when using any other browser so I assume the "bug" lies with the AOL Desktop program. I've reported The Bug for days now and still the problem hasn't been solved. Anyone else experiencing the same problem??? AOL, HOW ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our engineers are investigating this issue as we speak. You can download the software installer again: http://updates.desktop.aol.com/updates/gm/Install_AOL_Desktop.exe. This should fix the bug. If you need help with this, we can have a technician guide you through: 1-888-365-3733. If the issue continues, please send us a crash report. To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

7. categories add or delete in address book

Can not add or delete any categories in my address book. the Group is fine the group option on the bottom works

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a category in AOL Desktop Gold, by following these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign on.
    2. Click on the Mail button on the toolbar, and select Address Book.
    3. Click on a contact you want to add to a category, then select the Edit option.
    4. Click on the ‘Auto-Added’ button on the top right corner of the Address Card window, and select ‘Add New’ from the drop-down menu.
    5. Type the name of the new category, and click ‘Add’.
    6. Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the Address Card window.
    In order to delete a category, you will need to remove all the contacts from it, by editing the contact and adding it to another category (you can add regular contacts to the ‘General’ category).
    Please note, that the default category’s cannot be deleted (e.g. Auto-Added, Co-Workers, Family, Friends, Uncategorized, General).

8. Stop making every question go to the question and answer

Have AOL revert back to saving an email if is still open. Just because it is sitting idle does not mean that someone is not working on working on it.

For example, I have been with AOL since 1990s and I have seen upgrades where, if a machine goes to sleep, the application has saved the data responded at periodic times so at least not all of the reply is lost. This is not the case as I have completed my reply and went to scan the attachments into a black and white version so that I could send it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please go to Settings – Mail – Advanced – check ‘Autosave draft emails’ (changes are saved automatically)

9. feedback about my aol desktop gold

I like my old version of the AOL desktop gold that I can see the dates instead of the time, day and month.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the date format, by following the steps below:

1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign on.
    2. Click on the Settings icon on the toolbar.
    3. Select the Mail category from the left-hand side.
    4. From the ‘Date Style’ section, select Date Only (old format).

10. Please restore the headings! I need who the emails are from and who I sent them to printed out with the email.

Please restore the headings! I need a record of who I sent emails to and who emails are from!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow these steps in order to print the email header:
    1. Open the email.
    2. Click on the ‘File’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Print Preview’.
    4. Check ‘Show headers and footers’ from the top left.
    5. Click on the ‘Print’ button on the top left corner of the Print Preview window.

11. Default Font and size

Please, please please make whatever font and size we set our email to OUR default. We keep having to change it back, VERY IRITATING!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to change your default font type and color, please follow these steps:

1. On the top left, click on Edit.
    2. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.
    3. Go to the “Font and Text” tab.
    4. From the Write Mail section use the toolbar to change the font type, size, and color.

12. paragraphs size from 14 to 10 from one paragraph to another

I can type a paragraph and when I go down for another paragraph my fonts goes back to "10" size instead of the "14" I was typing with. I have to go back to to the previous paragraph and then the next paragraph woks the same as font signs I was using at first.That is really kills a thought that was going through my mind.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow the steps to set a default font for mail composing: Settings – Mail – Font and Text – set the preferred font size from the Write Mail section (changes are saved automatically)

13. E-mail don't get answered because instead of my e-mail they get NOT Needed.

Many of my e-mails go to people that, instead of my e mail they get NOT NEEDED. I have responds from three so far-CA, AZ and MS

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “ Window” then choose “ Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

15. delete or move multiple messages

using the shift delete keys are not functional. Your ASSumption is that the e-mails are consecutive within the in-box. a LARGE majority of the time e-mails to be deleted OR moved are scattered throughout e-mail. in the prior AOL version ( which I am told is no longer available) each e-mail had a box you could check so you could move or delete multiple e-mails at one time regardless of their location within new mail ( old mail etc.). Not having that functionality is a failure on AOL's part to properly vet and test the product. A patch needs to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to select multiple non-consecutive emails, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while clicking on each email you want to select from your Inbox (or other mail folders). When you are done selecting the emails, release the CTRL key, then you can delete or move the emails selected.

16. Autofill addressing prevents typing new addresses.

Addressing E-mail does not allow me to enter https://..... without automatically inserting the wrong address from stored addresses. I am trying to send a message to Microsoft billinginfo and cannot do it. Very frustrating. Please fix the bug.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The https:// prefix is a part of a web address, and is used only when accessing web-sites (is not used in email addresses). Please check the correct email address before sending the email.

17. Need to be able to see the FULL email address to determine if it is SPAM or not

The shortened email address is helpful but does not allow me to see if it is spam or not.
    Also the actual email date is more helpful than "YESTERDAY" or the time today.
    I would like to be able to copy addresses out of the email bar when I send them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Permanently Deleted Emails

When permanently deleting email/spam, Permanently Delete IT! I'm tired of going into the recently deleted area and finding all the ones I had already permanently deleted BACK AGAIN!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emails deleted from your Inbox or mail folders will be moved to the Trash (or Recently Deleted) folder, where it will stay for up to 30 days before being automatically permanently deleted.

19. Spam Settings

I accidentally marked a sender as spam. Where do I unblock that? Can I see if that sender is blocked?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Go to Spam folder and if the email is there mark it as Not Spam. To find out if you blocked someone from the address book you have to access Spam Controls. Go to Mail from top bar and click on Block Unwanted Mail. If the email address is there, delete it.

20. anti spoofing

We receive many emails a day from a spoofed address. The unsubscribe does not work nor do the reply to addresses work. There are anti spoofing mechanisms that AOL can use to stop these emails including DKIM and SPF. Test show that AOL does not use these - they should.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories