Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. Mail box.

Why are new mail listings twice as wide as the mail box?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. sharepoint

Some of the emails I send say Microsoft SharePoint as the sender. How can I stop that? Maybe people delete and think it's spam.... THX

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email issues

All the mail in my inbox is scrambled, way out of order. I don't like this version. The old is much better. Hate the idea of going into the recently deleted mail and have to click one at a time, to finally get rid of it. Takes me 3 times longer to deal with all the mail. Deleting one time is enough. TAkes far too long to have to delete each one again.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can delete all the emails in a specific folder, by clicking on the Edit button on the menu bar, and clicking on ‘Select All’ from the drop-down menu.

To delete specific emails, you can hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while clicking on each email subject that you want to delete. After all the emails are selected, click on the Delete button.

Additionally emails will stay in the Trash folder for up to 30 days, from the time they were deleted, after which they will be automatically erased.

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I do a search by e-mail address. Way too many people who do not have that e-address appear. What is happening?

Fix AOL so that when I search by e-mail, the e-addresses of other people do not show up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When using the Quick Find to search your mailbox, you will receive results based on the email address and email subject. To do a refined search, click on Read, select the Search Mail tab from the top of the mailbox, choose “Email Address Only” from the Search drop-down, then search for the email you want.

6. I am being limited in the number of emails I can send at one time - I have been sending them for many years (501-C3) entity. Can't now

Why, after several years, am I suddenly being limited in the numbers of emails I can send from a 501-C3 entity.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transparent PNG images with alpha channels show up black & are converted to JPG

I am a Graphic Designer and have to email my iOS programmer 2600+ transparent PNG images to program into our iOS application. They have to be in PNG format. AOL Desktop Gold has a few programming flaws that need to be fixed immediately. When I copy any PNG image into the write mail window, AOL incorrectly flattens the transparent PNG image making the transparent area BLACK in color and ALSO changes the file format from PNG to a flattened JPG image. We can NOT use JPG images at all as they lack an alpha channel.

This HAS to be fixed…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your feedback, we will share it with the engineering team.

As a workaround, please attach the PNG files to the email, as opposed to embedding them into the email body. To attach the files, click on the ‘Attach File’ button at the bottom left corner of the Write mail window.

8. Pictures aren't displayed in Gold

About half the emails that contain pictures scanned and not scanned do not display in the email when using AOL Gold. If I go to AOL on line they are displayed. Some things are more convenient through Gold such as updated favorites and contacts. I would like to do everything through one portal - it has been going on for about 6 months and it needs to finally get fixed!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please go to Settings → Mail – and uncheck ‘Hide images and disable links in mail from unknown senders’ (changes are saved automatically).

If you still encounter issues please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

9. You are changing the mail not for the better why are you printing last names and yesterday?

Bring back the mail the way it was before you are not improving it. I don't like the word yesterday and last names being printed. Why are you touching the email. You need to leave it the way it has always been. Bring back the buddy list and ims better.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the date format, by following the steps below:

1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign on.
    2. Click on the Settings icon on the toolbar.
    3. Select the Mail category from the left hand side.
    4. From the ‘Date Style’ section, select Date Only (old format).

To see the sender’s email address Go to Edit – Mail Settings – select ‘Email Address’ next to View (changes are saved automatically)

10. I would like to see the email address not the senders name in my inbox

I would like to see the email address not the senders name in my inbox.
    Please change back. Now I don't know who is sending emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PUTTING AOL MAIL IN SPAM FOLDER

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH "AOL" NOW ?????? WHY ARE U PUTTING MY "AOL" MAIL IN THE "SPAM FOLDER" ???????? ARE YOU ALL GOING CRAZY AGAIN ????????????????????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future. Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

12. Tab Key in Email

I have always been able to use the tab key to indent in an email. Just a few weeks ago, this ability disappeared without warning. Now, pressing the tab key erases everything I've typed and returns the cursor to the upper left corner. Dumb idea!! If you needed to disable the tab key, why not just make it so the key no longer responds instead of erasing things? Either restore the tab functionality, or just don't let it reverse and erase.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please get the aol desktop gold set as a default email program on my windows PC.

make AOL desktop gold as the default email program on my PC. I can't attach the file. I had to open AOL desktop gold first and attach file there and that is not very convenient. Please

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Old Mail body of mail is missing

Mail I have SAVED ON MY PC the body of the email does not show. Checked in OLD MAIL and it also does not show there either. Mail just won't open correctly. Just started happening today 3/3/19 but seems to be effecting all mail for 2019 and late 2018. Was working correctly a week ago. I clean and save mail once a week on Sunday and last week was fine TODAY not so much. HELP support says I have some kind of virus Don't think so scan daily.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

15. Difficult to send emails with out using the address book

Can't copy friends address to other new email, (I don't do reply) Only can copy one by one, this is a wasting time, take too long to send an email. Fix it please, do not ignore this issue.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend right-clicking on the email address from the email header (click on the drop-down arrow at the top of the email, if the header is hidden), and selecting ‘Copy’, and after opening a blank email, right-click inside the To, CC, or BCC fields and select ‘Paste’.

16. Deleting email

Allow multiple e-mail deleting with a check box instead of having to click yes for every **** e-mail. Add a column of boxes to check to delete so I can delete 10-20-30 all at on time without having to click yes to do I wish to delete/ If I didnt want to delete I would not choose delete. I am really comsidering switching to another carrier after almost 20 years as a loyal AOL consumer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to disable the prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

To delete multiple emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the emails that you wish to delete.
    2. Click Delete.

To delete multiple consecutive emails:

1. In your Mailbox window click the first email that you wish to delete.
    2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected.
    3. Click Delete.

17. E-mail Icon Meaning

When mail is displayed in the New mail folder, each e-mail has an icon to the left. According to AOL Help Chat, there is no list of these icons with their meaning.

Can you provide such a list?

For example what do these mean:

An off white back of an envelope
    A light orange envelope with a stamp and a magnifying glass
    A light orange envelope with a oversized stamp and a magnifying glass

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each type of email in your mailbox can be identified by a specific icon. Here is a list of the most common mailbox icons:

1. White envelope: Known Sender.
    2. White envelope with a floppy disk: Known Sender with an attached file.
    3. White envelope with an oversized stamp: Known Sender with an embedded image.
    4. Orange envelope with a magnifying glass: Unknown Sender.
    5. Orange envelope with a magnifying glass and floppy disk: Unknown Sender with an attached file.
    6. Orange envelope with a magnifying glass and oversized stamp: Unknown Sender with an embedded image.

Mailbox icons with a red check-mark overlay are Read emails, and the red X overlay icons are Deleted emails.

18. untrusted sites

You are now not allowing me to go on sites with the label "This connection is untrusted" and this forces me to use another browser to view these sites. One example site is thedailybeast.com. For awhile you allowed me to bypass the safety warning and proceed to those "untrusted"sites.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it!!

Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it, especially since I'm paying you. Also, there's no easy way to block these sites without opening the e-mail. Please respond with a solution.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

20. WHY SIZE OF LETTERS KEEP CHANGING SMALLER ON AOL?

WHY SIZE OF LETTERS KEEP GETTING SMALLER IN EMAIL ON AOL DESKTOP GOLD?
    I NEVER CHANGED SIZES!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you want to adjust the font size in the list of mail, click “Edit” on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, select “Mail Settings” from the drop-down menu, and from the “Font and Text”“ tab select your preferred “ Font Size” from the drop-down menu (Small, Medium or Large).

In order to change your default font type and color for composing mail, please follow these steps:

1. On the top left, click on Edit.
    2. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.
    3. Go to the “Font and Text” tab.
    4. From the Write Mail section use the toolbar to change the font type, size, and color.

Changes are saved automatically.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base