Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. Love the new emojis, but when I send them to people, all they get are triangles!

Love the new emojis, but when I send them to people, all they get are triangles!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Every email client sends emojis as Unicode, a string of letters and numbers that are assigned to a particular emoji graphic. The job of rendering the Unicode is done by the recipient’s email client/application. Sometimes these applications are not up to date, and cannot render the Unicode properly, therefor the emoji will be replaced by a broken graphic icon.

2. What's Wrong with Email.....Now???

Since the last update, mail is taking extremely long time to open up and half the time if there are graphics they don't even show up.... the opening of mail just drags on!!! what's the problem as it's not only irritating but very time consuming!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Restarting your computer, modem and any home networking equipment, will help your computer get a better connection.
    Follow the steps below:

1. Shut down your computer.
    2. Unplug the power cord from your cable, DSL, or dial-up modem, and router (if you have one).
    3. Wait 30 seconds.
    4. If you use an external modem, plug the power cord into your cable, DSL, or dial-up modem.
    5. If you have a router, plug the power cord into your router.
    6. Turn on your computer.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

3. MORE RE: Backup and Transfer PFC to a different computer

You recently sent me an update re: transferring PFC to another computer using export and import. The text of the message seems clear, however in the linked article, there is still reference to exporting/importing the PFC from a previous version of AOL Desktop.

Which is it?

Does the procedure you've sent now allow for transferring the CURRENT PFC file to a different computer? If so, great. But in my case, with one problem remaining. The then-current PFC on my computer was wiped out (written over) when the AOL tech moved the prior version PFC to my current computer - a…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The article provided in the response you received, contains 3 sections. The first one titled ‘Import and export mail and personal data to another computer’ explains how to use the Import and Export feature, that will allow you to create a back-up (Export) of your current personal data file, and how to Import it.

The second section refers to the ‘Import Wizard’ feature that allows you to import mail from an older version of the AOL Desktop installed on your computer.

The third section explains how to manually import a Personal Filling Cabinet file from an older version of the AOL Desktop.

Regarding the personal data file that was removed from your AOL Desktop Gold, please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733, in order to have one or our Technical Support agents look into possible solutions to resolve this.

Thank you.

4. mail problems

All too often when I check my deleted mail, my sent mail is listed instead. Or old mail. I have almost permanently deleted sent mail and not the deleted mail because of this error. Please display the correct mail listings. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

5. Permanently delete all trashed emails all at one time

When I trash my emails, I would like to permanently delete them all at one time and not one at a time. I trashed them for a reason and having to delete them one at a time only aggravates my carpal tunnel syndrome. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Select one email from the list, and press CTRL+A to highlight all of them
    or choose ‘Select All’ from the Edit menu then press Permanently Delete.

6. Something is wrong with my AOL. I can't open my e-mails. They will not load. Keep getting a massage to wait 5 mins and try again.

What the **** is going on with AOL? I'm about to cancel them. Been with them since 1997. Come on guys get your act together.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists please restart the software.

7. AGAIN MY MAIL HAS DISAPPEARED!!!!

AGAIN MY MAIL HAS DISAPPEARED!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please refresh the mailbox. Click on Mial option > Refresh Mailbox.

If the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our Technical Support Agents further investigate the problem.

8. Spam settings are absolutely garbage. I am getting SPAM sent to me by my own email address explain this AOL?

AOL Spam settings are absolutely garbage. I am getting SPAM sent to me by my own email address, explain this AOL? Your SPAM settings should allow users to manage email addresses as they see fit. What happened to we could easily identify official AOL mail by the colored ICON/ subject line? Now I get Spam from an official looking AOL email address along with my own email address and the Spam controls will not update any new addresses I try to block.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In "Mail", "Spam Settings" IT WILL NOT "SAVE" SPAM ADDRESSES PLEASE FIX THIS

In "Mail", "Spam Settings" the sender Spam email addresses I add are NOT saved, even though it says "Changes have been saved" How do you fix this?, as it is important Spam control feature. I asked about correcting this previously with no response. Please respond.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Email is not updating

For the past few days my email is not current. I know there are new mails because they come through on my phone. But Desktop Gold on my computer is not updating. I tried the "refresh mail" but this does nothing. It only updates if I completely shut it down and resign in. HELP!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

11. Service failure

Why am I getting error message can not load mail try back in five minutes. This has been going on for hours

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

13. deleting SENT emails goes into trash and then they have to be deleted again. FIX THIS PLEASE.

deleting "sent" mails sends them into the trash folder so you have to delete them a SECOND TIME. ridiculous

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After mail is deleted it will remain in your Trash folder anywhere from 7 to 30 days, before it will be permanently deleted. In this time, you can recover emails from the Trash folder, and move them to the Inbox or other mail folders.

14. email spacing

-when I received emails from other email recipients than aol , e-mails are compsed like in triple spacing, it's taking a lot of space and printing on a lot of paper , this happened after the glitch on AOL desktop gold a week ago , We have already tried to do a lot of troubleshooting with your technical support , and still resolve . See below for example :

Hello sister,

I hope this email finds you well and that it is working as it should be.

Love you very much.

• and in addition to this, I also cannot create…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to make sure the page zoom is not causing the spacing issue, first, open the email you are having trouble with, then click on the ‘Edit’ menu on the top left, and select 100% from the ‘Zoom’ category. If this does not resolve the spacing issue it means that this is caused by the sender’s email client.

To create an email signature, follow the steps from the article below. You can copy the signature from one account and paste it into another one. If you receive an error message stating that the signature is too large, set the default format of the text to Arial font with the size 10pt, then save the signature. After the signature is saved, you can change the font type and size to the one you desire.

https://help.aol.com/articles/the-new-aol-desktop-using-mail-aim-browsing-the-web

15. Email With Attachments

Can you please review this comment from one of my customers. Their system keeps flagging my emails as spam. I only know of one way to attach documents. Is there another method as they suggest?
    Comment Submitted.

******** on Nov 08 2018 12:06:43 PM
    Comment:
    Hi Miles,

I was researching online about this (other people have seen an uptick
    in emails from aol.com being blocked like you've seen). This may sound
    weird, but can you ask the sender how they are attaching the attachment
    - is it via the paperclip or drag & drop. If it is with the paperclip,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If a 3rd party email service is flagging emails sent by you, as Spam, their email administrator will need to white-list your email address. Please contact Mimecast in order to resolve this.

16. email address displays my account name???

Just show user name to recipient when I send a message. Stop attaching my account name to message sent with a user name. When I send email via a new user name I set up for coordinating messages for a group, my personal name shows up along with the New User Name. Why???. if I wanted to send a message with my name on it I wouldn't have set up a separate user name and paid for it???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to remove your display name, follow these steps:
    1. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    2. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    3. Erase the name from the ‘Display Name’ field, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

17. Help

The free AOL program allows me to display my name (Lou ****) when I send emails. AOL Desktop Gold does not allow the same feature.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Click on Mail > Mail Settings > General tab > next to display name type the name you wish to have when sending email, then click Save.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

212 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to disable the prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

19. Your system is changing the address of the e-mail I am writing from yahoo.com to AOL creating a demon response

Your system is changing the address of the e-mail I am writing from yahoo.com to AOL creating a demon response

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make sure the email addresses are complete, including @DomainExample.com . In case the domain name is not included in the email address, the username will be treated as an AOL account and @aol.com will automatically be added at the end.
    If you are using the auto-complete feature to add the contacts in the recipient box, check your address book, and make sure this contact has the correct full Yahoo email address.

20. network error

Have been getting this error message for 1 week now. The error messages come up repeatedly after about an hour and then stop.The connection is fine. Please advise how I can resolve this ASAP.

"Network Error
    We seem to be having some trouble connecting to the internet. Please check your internet connection and then try again"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please power cycle (reboot) your modem/router, by following these steps:
    Switch off and unplug the power from your modem/router.
    Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
    Plug the power back into the modem/router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-800-827-6364.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base