Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. Prior one would be made aware there was a bad address, but that feature was eliminated, its difficult with the blue boxes to correct errrors

Prior one would be made aware there was a bad address, but that feature was eliminated, its difficult with the blue boxes to correct errors. Gold messed up ease of aol email

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the recipient’s email address has the correct format (username and a domain name), you will not receive an error message when sending the email. In case the address contains characters that are not allowed, or the email address is incomplete you will be prompted by an error message when attempting to send the email.

When sending the email to an email address that is misspelled, you will not receive a pop-up error message, instead AOL will attempt to deliver the email. When we are unable to deliver the email to the recipient, you will receive a bounce-back error message containing the reason for the delivery failure.

In order to remove an email address from the To, Cc or Bcc fields, right-click on it, and select ‘Remove’ from the pop-up menu.

2. Mail System all messed up!! Pleaseeee Fix It!!

It was working fine last week!! Someone changed it !! Return to old system!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to disable the delete mail confirmation prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

3. How do I mark an e-mail address as NOT SPAM

Used to be when AOL was good, all you had to do was click a button
    marked "This is not SPAM" and from that point on the address would be
    received just fine. I seem to be able to "add" an address to the SPAM
    list but not "Allow" one from "NOT" being marked "SPAM"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. mail settings

I need to be able to arrange my read/old email in alphabetical order.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

In order to sort Old mail alphabetically, click on the Subject or E-mail Address columns above the first email in the list.

5. Blind copy addressees no longer showing

As of last week I can no longer see the email addresses of people I sent mail to in BLIND COPY (BCC). Why was this removed?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Time stamp on printed emails is incorrect. Indicates Central Standard Time vice Central Daylight Time.

The date stamp that is placed on email shows central standard time vice central daylight time. Central standard time doesn't start until Sunday November 4th @ 2:00 AM. It is now 9/27/2018. ??????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can see new emails on my ipad, but they dont show up on my aol desktop why is that

I can see new emails on my ipad, but they dont show up on my aol desktop why is tha

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Screen names

So if I delete a screen name I can't replace it with another without
    making a whole new account? And another $3.99 a month. Do I
    understand that right?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the past, AOL offered the ability to create secondary usernames linked to this Master username, however, as of November 30, 2017, the ability to add or manage additional usernames has been removed.

Any new usernames will be created as separate accounts and will not linked to your existing AOL account.

9. Download All not working

When you have an incoming mail with attachments, say 6 or 8, you cannot select 'Download All' and make anything happen. All it does is load all the (images in this case) into the body of the email... You have to go to each file separately in order for you to download them -- why can't this work like the old AOL????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. very sorry you removed the option to block mail from senders not in address book -WHY??

reinstate the option to block mail from senders not in address book - why did you remove it??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, this feature is no longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to the Mail menu and select “Block Unwanted Mail” and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, or mark the emails in the inbox as Spam.

11. email access on devices being discontinued?

After being locked out of my emails because my password had been disabled, I called customer service and was told I can no longer access emails on my tablet and phone(android) unless I download an app? I don't want to as I don't have enough room on my phone. I have been using the email icon on my phone to access aol for YEARS. I was told it was a new update that took that capability away. Can I get that back? Change back to the old version? I have been a member for over 20 yrs and I pay…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can access your AOL Mail through the native Android mail application, by configuring it using the AOL IMAP/POP servers. To do this please follow the steps in the section titled “Instructions for common email apps” from the help article below: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

In case you enabled the 2 Step Verification on your account, you will have to create an application specific password for the mail application on your Android. To create the application specific password, please follow these steps:

1. Visit login.aol.com/account/security and sign in to your AOL account.

2. Look for “App passwords”, and click “Generate password”.

3. Remove the email account from the phone’s mail settings, and re-add it using the application password you previously setup.

12. My screen freezes and the address bar state that I am not secured even with the HTTPS: showing?

Is it just aol or my service At&t but typing emails, my letter show up slow as I am typing words way past the poit the show up in?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please power cycle (reboot) your modem/router, by following these steps:
    *Switch off and unplug the power from your modem/router.
    *Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
    *Plug the power back into the modem/router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet.

In case the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our technical Support Agents further investigate.

13. need to send bulk e-mail because I am a member of the organization that does communication

need to send bulk e-mail because I am a member of the organization that does communication

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, what you’re looking for is no longer offered in the current version of AOL Mail. If you’ve received a notification that a limit of the number of sent emails was reached or you’ve sent to too many contacts, you’ll need to wait before you can send more emails.

14. Feedback for unread and read emails

I like for the listing on the "New Emails" list be the following way:

1. The emails on the list that I've not read to be in bold type; and

2. The emails on the "New" list that I've read and clicked to be listed as "unread" to be in the light type.

This makes me able to see at with only a quick glance if I've already read it but still wanted it in the "New" list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, this feature is no
    longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

15. Email Count Wrong.

This is not an idea, I am reporting an issue. You are reporting that there are 57 new emails in my inbox. There is approx 20 emails in my inbox. Your system, is mis-reporting how emails I have.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

16. ARCHIVE folder placed in e-mail by AOL

On Aug 13, 2018 a folder appeared in my email under "Saved on aol" called "Archive" I did not place it there.
    After the archive folder appeared, I deleted some other folders with their continence. The folders were removed at the time, however, after and hour or two, the folder(s) would reappear with their continence. I have notified AOL tech services and they have tried several different solutions. To date none have worked. Please refer to Case # 06945750. I want to be able to delete and remove emails and folders. If not the email service I am paying for…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there, the issue you are experiencing is caused in most cases by an email client, like Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail. The Archive folder is created automatically by the email client. Also if you created mail folders in the email client, and later deleted them from the AOL Mail site, or AOL Desktop Gold, the email client will synchronize the folder list the next time you open it, and cause the folders to re-appear. In this case, please delete the mail folders from your email client.

17. My AOL Desktop Gold was not available and I called AOL to fit it. Now they have deleted all my data (folders and emails) since AOL Gold was

All my folders and mails were deleted by the tech when I called in to have my AOL Desktop Gold reinstalled. The old files from the old AOL system are there but everything since AOL Desktop was installed are gone.

I am very upset and all I hear from AOL is sorry, can't do anything for you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 if you have any questions. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

18. new mail

Play a sound such as a ding when new mail is received

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To enable new mail notification sound go to:

Edit→ General Settings → click on Sounds tab → check the box next to Play sound when new mail is received.

Changes are saved automatically

19. Republican

Any post with GOP or Republican in the sender or subject line is being sent to the Spam folder. This kind of censorship of political matters should cease immediately. If you do not like certain political persons or parties, let us all know and we can do business elsewhere.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emails will be tagged as a spam depending on the behavior it was sent or on the spam controls of the recipient. If there are links, images or phrases that AOL Mail service deemed as a spam based on the complaints of other members, it will automatically go to spam folder. If the mail was sent as a mass mail, it will automatically go to spam folder as well.

By marking messages as Spam or Not Spam you are customizing your personal Spam filter to learn what is spam and what is not.
    AOL spam controls filter email for possible spam, even before the mail reaches your Inbox or Spam Folder.

Also, please make sure that these senders are added to your address book.

20. Sending Email

In all of the previous versions of AOL we have always been able to send email by pressing......Ctrl and Shift. This made sending very easy. It's not a big thing but it would be great if you would return that.......makes sending soooo much easier!! thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you keep the mouse cursor in the To field you can send the email pressing CTRL and Enter.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base