Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. highlights in gray when I want to copy and paste - just not working right and taking too much valuable time

When highlighting to copy and paste, it highlights in gray and doesn't copy. For those of us who have been doing this for decades, it is frustrating to go elsewhere to paste to no avail. Then you have to come back and highlight again and hope and pray a lot

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you compose a new item of mail, and hit enter after the first line, the system skips a line, and goes to line 3 of the available compos

When you compose a new item of mail, and hit ENTER at the end of the first line, the system skips a line, and goes to line 3 of the available composition space. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Typing email and have to go back to edit by adding a letter or a word and where I click cursor into area to change a blur line comes up ands

Blue line comes up in email when I click to set cursor to change or add a word, in a sentence I want to change-- The blue line stays and cannot get rid of it and it deletes next letter each time I type in a letter ---cannot get rid of this without closing out email-- HELP!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. E-mail that I'm sending to myself is being "spammed" yet isn't showing up in my AOL computer files (yet does show on my mobile AOL e-mail.

I send e-mail to myself all day long as a reminder for thoughts/news stories to examine later.. I'm finding them sent to my SPAM folder on my mobile account, but not even as being sent of "spammed" on my computer account.

This is not the only area of censorship I've been subject to by AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just a heads up, that show images and enable links in email?

I am able to click links and have pages open without clicking that link, good thing it's emails I've been expecting, hopefully no one accidentally clicks something assuming it won't open and take them to a bad site or anything.

i discovered this by accident myself when I clicked in a blank space to scroll but instead the website opened. I've done it 4 times since, so it's not just a one time fluke.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

6. email pictures disappearing from email before I send it

I write emails, embedding pictures. Long emails, that may take me an hour or two to complete. By the time i am ready to send them, some of the pictures have disappeared. I have to send the email to myself, add the pictures again, before forwarding it to the recipient..... Problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

7. How can I fix ERR27?

How do I fix ERR27? (stopping email)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. All of the below comments regarding the recent changes are valid.

All of the recent complaints about spam filters and the direction of email are valid. Everyone tells me I am an idiot for paying $39 per month for this type of idiotic file management. Please restore normal operating parameters. I do NOT need all my current mail to be defaulted to the Saved Folder before I can read it. When I sign in, I should be able to immediately read today's email. I should not have to take the extra steps of going to the saved folder. If I delete the Save Folder, will that cure the problem, or only…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Your Email System is rejecting email from my phone and other people's phones. They either go deleted or are not accepted at all.

Your email system is rejecting email sent from my phone and other peoples phones. It either is going to deleted or rejected totally.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. mail

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP PLEASE FIX THE MAIL IM GOING TO CANCEL AOL THIS IS CRAZY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am American and now working internationally, based in UK. Why can't I get access to Gold?

My account has been totally screwed up of late. I can't search any of my online emails, new, old, saved, sent, etc. That is a huge problem since I have had an AOL account continuously since 1992!

2 weeks ago ALL of my new emails just vanished, no where to be found. What is weird is ALL 3100 of them are still showing as new, but only 30 are visible from last 2 weeks.

I am desperate to get this fixed and would even consider using Gold to retrieve them and be able to store everything on my laptop. But…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can't get rid of spam number

Not only am I still getting a lot of spam, which I keep deleting, but it STILL says I have 5 items DESPITE the FACT that I have already deleted them. What is wrong with AOL? I don't need this aggravation...I'm going to have to go if you can't return 'Gold" to some semblance of 9.2, which I never had problems with!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

13. BCC RECIPIENTS NO LONGER SHOWING UP + GETTING ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO SEND

As of today, the BCC recipient address no longer show; I have to click on the Details link for a window to pop up which is a bothersome extra step. What happened??? Also, when I try to send the same list of recipients, an error message no pops us, "Mail failed to send due to error", but it doesn't say WHAT IT'S DUE TO OR HOW TO FIX IT. ASAP PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

14. VERY IMPORTANT email photos disappearing when save into a "saved on aol" folder. Why does this happen?

I have had some extremely important photos sent to me via aol email and have tried to save them in a "saved on aol" folder, only to discover that they are no longer accessible when I try to retrieve them. A short note/description of what the picture may contain appears in writing but no picture/photo. I have lost some extremely important family pics because of this. I am truly frustrated with this and would like to know why it keeps happening. FIX IT....SERIOUSLY !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email kills AOL

Frequently I click on Send and AOLGold goes away. Most of the time the email was not sent.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For the last two days every sent mail is back to me rejected. Please, help me

For the last two days every sent mail is back to me rejected. Please, help me

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mail Service

Go back to the old way. Set up AOL letters to be larger. Do something about 1/2 email I never get. I am slowly using other email addresses to move out of AOL. I have been using this service for years and I must agree with all the complaints being sent to you. I may lose $31 bc an email ***** sent me did not get through. Have you gotten too big? Sometimes less is more. Keep it simple and fix what is broken before making changes.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have 2 accts, I am unable to get email from the 2nd acct for 2 days now.

I have 2 accts but can only get mail from the main acct. I need both.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why am I not receiving any photos sent to AOL address from my cell phone now?

Why am I not receiving any photos sent to AOL address from my cell phone now?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deleting old emails puts ALL NEW emails in trash fix this please

Deleting old emails puts ALL new ones in the trash folder fix this

We're glad you're here