Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

215 results found

1. Go back to AOL 9 when it used to work good

I am having a problem with pictures sent to me. I no longer can see them in my emails. I now have to download everyone without seeing them. Where I used to only have one download window to close for 5 pictures I now have to close five. Get this fixed I'm paying for my AOL and this needs to be fixed!!!!!! Or I will be leaving Aol you have ruined it in so many ways I have been a user since 1998 and Aol Gold STINKS!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. email out

Email is not working. They say customer support is available to paid subscribers 25/7. I call & get no answer. They say chat is not available due to corona. What about social distance requirements would be a problem with having a chat representative available. It's just an excuse for AOL's terrible service. Why am I paying $18/mo for AOL? Guess I'm stupid, but no more. Time to cancel after 35 years.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Wait times for reaching our call center may be longer than normal due to COVID-19 health and safety considerations for our employees. Thank you for your understanding and patience. If the issue still persists please give us a call at 1-800-827-6364 and one of our technician will assist

3. Is the constant sign-in on my iphone AOL app being checked out. Is this the reason when I am asked to get an email confirmation code or ema

Is the constant sign-in on my iphone AOL app being checked out. Is this the reason when I am asked to get an email confirmation code or email confirmation response is not going through? I couldn't e-file because of the inability to receive a confirmation code.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Emails take forever to receive. I will have someone tell me they just sent me an email and it takes maybe an hour or more to get it.

Emails take forever to receive. I will have someone tell me they just sent me an email but I might not receive it for hours. And I'm not getting emails from people that are in my address book or replies to emails I have sent to them. WTF is up with AOL. Ever since net neutrality was blown out of the water, the service has deteriorated completely and we pay for it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

5. Mail in draft folder is NOT being sent

cannot paste the error but it has gone on for three days

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. r

When I log on, all my emails are gone. Yesterday a message from AOL told me steps to get them back.....I HAD to include my mobile number. WHY?? Within hours I started receiving phone calls and the caller ID showed MY name and MY mobile phone number. In other words I was calling myself. This had NEVER happened before I had to post it on your website. WHY?? You should act on all the messages you get about how frustrating AOL GOLD is. I have paid for AOL for so many years...and was pleased with it UNTIL you came up…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. It does sound like you may have reached a scam customer support. If you are still encountering issues with missing emails please call out AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733

9. Please reinstate my email ******@aol.com to the Glenview Community Church list serve: Client ID Number: 338496. If you have any questions,

Please reinstate my email *******@aol.com to the Glenview Community Church list serve: Client ID Number: 338496. If you have any questions, please call me at *--*. Thank you for your assistance to this matter It does not show under settings that I have ever blocked Glenview Community Church

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are not receiving emails, I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents to help you with this. Please call our team at 1-800-827-6364.

10. See below

I can only delete one incoming mail at a
    Time. It takes forever. That is rediculous. It was not always that way.
    On comcast Email. I can check on a whole bunch of mail and delete all of it
    The same for “yesterday”. It depends on when you check your mail. There is no date. Nor or what day.
    Who has time to guess and for why.
    I would think this would have been all figured out.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug in New Spam Settings

I mistakenly added a word to the list of specific words and phrases (then realized it was a bad idea, as now hundreds of emails are being sent to the Spam Folder). When I try to remove it, I get an error: "We seem to have trouble sending this request. Please try again in 5 minutes. Code: Forbidden." No matter how many times I've tried, the "spam" word I want to delete won't go away! Please fix this!! I can provide a screenshot if you need it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Technical support issues re: email

For the last couple of weeks, almost all of my email is going directly to spam. I've checked every 'settings' and 'email' option available to make sure I have no one blocked, but it still goes to email, EVEN AFTER I have clicked on each entry to say "This is not spam." I've 'chatted' with tech support twice - no luck. I've also called aol twice,
    no luck, even tho one of those calls was to a 'higher level' of tech support. Now what do I do?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Delay in getting email on desktop

I can't see any emails after mid-August from the AOL desktop. Emails show up much faster on the mobile app and in other apps using my AOL account. On the desktop, whether on the AOL desktop or by going to aol.com, there is a serious lag in the time an email shows up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The swamp has hit my address book

something stupid is happening. My address book is swamped with additions I did not enter !
    How can this happen ? Most important , how do I stop this intrusion !
    Just when one reaches the point of accepting the fiasco of changes that have been passed off as "improvements" then you find another curve ball

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

16. can't update emails past 6/7/19 in aol gold desktop

can't update emails past 6/7/19 in aol desktop

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support Agents to investigate this. Please call at 1-888-265-3733.Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

17. ADRESS BOOK

WHAT IN THE **** DID U DO WITH MY ADDRESS BOOK ?????? R U ALL NUTS AGAIN ???????????????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to help you with this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Forwarding E-Mail from Indiana University E-Mail Address to AOL E-Mail Address

I have been an AOL subscriber since I went online, over 25 years ago. I have also been an adjunct professor of law at Indiana University's McKinney School of Law over that same time period. For the convenience of both myself and my students, I have always forwarded e-mail sent to my IU e-mail address to one of my AOL screen names, **@aol.com.

However, following my usual practice in preparation for the new academic year which will start this next week, I tested the forwarding feature last week. Much to my chagrin and disappointment, it no longer worked. Instead, I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. mail doesn't download with windows 10 update

Mail does not work with after Windows10 Update

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support Agents to look more into this. Please call at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base