Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. Update AOL Gold Browser

AOL Gold browser needs updating. When visiting sites such as ebay, the cursor does not appear in the search bar for the site. Google and Firefox work fine. ONLY AOL Gold has this issue. Paying customers deserve a better product

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

2. AOL Desktop No Longer Opening

With Adobe canceling its Flashplayer and the latest Windows 10 update, AOL Desktop Gold no longer opens. Why am I paying to have the gold browser and its support features, if it's so old and has been so outdated for so long that a couple of much needed updates shuts the whole thing down. I'm now relegated to using Chrome to access my AOL emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

3. Sign On Issues

Right now, I have Gold version 11.0.2709 finally up and working. But if I close the browser, reboot or turn off my PC, then everything is lost and I can only get a new browser 11.0.2706 after signing on again, that has no mail, no favorites, no personal icons, can't use your File, Edit, etc. taskbar etc. It brings up the news and AOL search boxes only. Nothing else works or will open. Yes, I have checked "Password and Auto save" when logging in, but it doesn't matter. I uninstalled GOLD 4 times today, Then just now when I relogged…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

4. Why can't I sign into Wish.com ?

Allow me to sign into any .com business. Right now, for instance, I can't sign into Wish.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

5. What's wrong with the web site CBSNEWS.COM It loads then goes blank when you use AOL GOLD Does not do this with other browsers

What's wrong with the web site CBSNEWS.COM It loads then goes blank when you use AOL GOLD Does not do this with other browse

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Try clearing the browser footprints. Here’s how: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

6. Cancelled TV Shows: Effective Immediately - Freezes Screen

After the first screen in the articles under the above category the screen freezes and a dissertation based on what appears to be a Microsoft site screen freezes the system. There is a box at the bottom to 'call' someone. This appears to be a scam. I used ctrl-alt-delete and cancelled the AOL task to get out of it. Clean up your act!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this. To do that, please follow these steps:
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

9. Email webpage

Back in the day you could email a webpage just by hitting an envelope icon. Bring that back!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are looking to send a webpage in an email click on the heart icon and select Insert in mail from the menu.

10. Sorry Browser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY do I get this on different searches the first time, but search again and it works??????????????????
    "We did not find results for: Such and Such.

Check spelling or type a new query."
    I am not listing who I searched for!!!
    Just a SORRY SEARCH BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

11. Complaining once again to the Government against AOL.

Happened twice today when I make a post to my FB page from a newsfeed article....AOL FREEZES AND SHUTS DOWN MY FB! Looks like all of my complaints of this same problem for 1 year or more is being ignored and NOT fixed. I guess I have to file another complaint with the US Government again!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

12. AOL Gold slows my computer to a crawl

AOL Gold lags my computer down. I've talked to tech and they can't help. When I go into it the program opens 4 CefSharp.Browsers and 2 AOLDesktop.exe. I go from 8% Physical Memory used to 97% whenever I open an article. This does NOT happen if I am using IE. I have spoken with tech support to no avail. I have deleted and reloaded the program with no change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

13. Since the March 4, 2019 update 11.0.2197, my AOL Gold 9.8.2 has shut off many times per hour. Task Master shows the AOL memory at 55% and di

Since the March 4, 2019 update 11.0.2197, my AOL Gold 9.8.2 has shut off many times per hour. Task Master shows AOL using 55% of my memory and 98% of the disc when this happens. I called your tech support on March 8 and was told to uninstall/reinstall AOL Gold. This has not helped. What is happening with this new OATH update?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AOL One Point is not compatible with Desktop Gold or Edge. Only with Chrome. You call this a benefit?

Your tech, Zak tried to find an extension for Aol One Point for Desktop Gold and also Edge. He found One point was not Compatible with either browser, only Chrome. This is ridiculous. Who was asleep at the switch? Please correct this. Otherwise remove One Point because it is not a benefit or else sate its limitations

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The AOL Desktop Gold and the Microsoft EDGE browsers do not support extensions, therefore the AOL One Point does not run on these browsers.

The AOL Desktop Gold comes with its own password manager, which can be used to easily store login credentials for your favorite sites. To learn how to enable this feature, please check the following article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-enable-disable-the-browser-password-manager-in-aol-desktop-gold

16. Give us the option to save browsing HISTORY like Chrome, Firefox, etc.

Would be great if AOL Gold preserved our history of sites visited like Chrome, Firefox, etc. I have my browser set to 'remember the last browsing session.' Recently had a crash and some of my open web pages could not be retrieved. Because there is no history of previous sites I have visited that extends very far back, I cannot locate several important web pages I had open.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why does Welcome Page carousel stop??????????

Why does Welcome Page carousel stop??????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the news carousel is not moving, that’s because the cursor is hovering over the photo or the links, which paused the rotation. To restart the rotation, simply move your mouse off the image or links and it will resume.

18. eharmony.com website does not open on the aol browser

eharmony.com website does not open on the aol browser

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try to clear the footprints. Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If you still encounter issues call at 1-888-265-3733.

19. Would like to see my mail bigger, my folders smaller & no adds on the right.

Would like folders smaller, e-mails bigger & not see ads on the right

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What happened to the "refresh" button?

What happened to the "refresh" button?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  11 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?