Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Stop printing all of GEORG1 thousands of words of nonsense every day

Stop printing the unending thousands of words of garbage by GEORG1 every day. What is the matter with all of you???? His nonsense has nothing to do with the topics being discussed. What is going on there. Also, second item: What's with the recent problem that when I type the text before my sending name it won't accept it and puts the letters of my name in the text vs name area? Please respond to both of these issues.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please follow the instructions below to report a comment:

1. Sign in.
    2. Hover over the right side of the comment.
    3. Click the drop-down arrow, then choose Report.

The message is now flagged and hidden for you.

Your nickname should automatically appear in the comment section, so you can immediately type your comment. If this is not the case, please follow the steps from the article below to clear the browser footprints, then reload the news article:

https://help.aol.com/articles/using-the-web-in-aol-desktop-gold

2. Cannot Copy URL to EMAIL and Link Be Active When Clicked On By Receiver Of Email

Copy URL -- Place on Email to send -- the URL link does not show blue - you send email-- person getting it - still does not show blue link - just black -- clicks on URL to go to site-- NOTHING HAPPENS
    You cannot copy and paste a URL onto an email and it be an active link when clicked on. If you copy and place on site as a blog it works fine. You have a problem when link copied and transferred to email-- NEEDS TO BE FIXED as this has been happening -- report it and it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BRING BACK THE OLD AOL

If AOL comes back the way it was around 1998, all Facebook users will move to AOL. I do not understand why you cannot bring back the old AOL BUT with enhanced features and technologies. People are tired of being abused by Facebook. You can steal all users from Facebook simply devoting to the user experience and improving new features like you used to. This is what we need:
    -First when you log in: WELCOME (We miss for the AOL welcome audio)
    -Mail: "YOU GOT MAIL" audio
    -Chatrooms: Like old chatrooms but improved. Allow sounds, GIFs, send photo, user profile…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate your feedback and will send it over to the development team.

The custom greeting sounds are now available with the latest update for the AOL Desktop Gold. To customize your greeting sounds, follow these steps:

1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign on.
    2. Click on the ‘Edit’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘General Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Go to the ‘Personalization’ category on the left.
    5. Select the ‘Sounds’ tab.

*As an alternative you can go to the Keyword(CTRL+K): sounds.

To choose the sound categories, click on the ‘Options’ button, and after selecting your preferred greetings click on ‘Apply’. You can also preview the sounds before and after applying them, by clicking on the Play button next to the sound name.

If you do not have the custom greeting sounds, it means that you will have to upgrade your AOL Desktop Gold…

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our technicians investigate this. Thank you.

5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to turn off the randomize color for the Toolbar, follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold and sign on.
    2. Go to the Keyword(CTRL+K): Toolbar
    3. Click on the drop-down menu below ‘Randomize Color’ and select ‘Never’.
    After following these steps you can close the window, and the changes will be saved automatically. You can also choose your preferred Toolbar color from the same menu.

6. Can't write nickname in news article comments

There isn't enough time for me to add my nickname before I type my comment at the end of an AOL news article.. Every comment has a nick name as a header so what's wrong with my comment section? My AOL friends do not have this problem. Nickname header stays visible for only a few seconds and then disappears. Please fix it. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. portfolio - I clicked the box to transfer my portfolio to Yahoo -- but when I got to Yahoo it said I did not have a portfolio. So what now

I don't understand the process of transferring my AOL portfolio to Yahoo. I clicked the button but now Yahoo says I don't have a portfolio.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Chat rooms Problems

Have AOL Tech support do there job and support it's been over 5 days and no response, my screen name is stuck in two chat rooms and will not clear. All I am told is we can't fix it or wait for a new update, they can not tell me when that would even happen. This should be a easy fix on there end and I get the round around when I try to ask for help!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this. We will have our engineers investigate the issue. Please send a bug report. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

9. Why can't we delete Apps that we don't want? Ex. Tech Fortress blocks anything I try to do. Tried uninstall appeared to work still pops up.

If you'll are so helpful up front downloading these you should be the same if I decide I don't want it any longer, but Help desk has refused.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear Tech Fortress did not meet your needs. If you still have the subscription active you can cancel it by following these steps:
    1. Visit MyAccount.aol.com.
    2. Click My Services.
    3. Click Subscriptions.
    4. Click Manage next to the plan you’d like to cancel.
    5. Click Cancel.
    6. Click Cancel My Billing.
    7. Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu.
    8. Click Cancel My Billing.

To uninstall it from your device follow the steps in this help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/install-and-uninstall-aol-tech-fortress-powered-by-appguard

If you need further assistance please reach out to our Technical Support agents by calling 1-800-827-6364

10. CHAT ROOMS CONSISTENTLY LOCK UP OR DON'T LOAD

NICE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING OF POOR QUALITY. THE CHAT ROOMS NEED ATTENDTION! THEY LOCK UP OR THEY DON'T EVEN LOAD. PEOPLE ARE HAVING TO EXIT AND COME BACK IN JUST TO GET THE SOFTWARE TO WORK. COME ON AOL. WE'RE PAYING FOR THIS??????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

11. Chat Room Listing is Broke.. how many times does one need to report it as a bug to get it fixed?

Chat Room Listing is Broke.. how many times does one need to report it as a bug to get it fixed?
    It might work for a few hours or NOT At ALL. Please get this corrected.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AOL must not like Outlook. Before you could copy a outlook file and post it the body of the email. Now AOL shuts down.

I use Outlook as my Contact and Calendar. When copying an Outlook contact and trying to paste to the body of the email to send out, AOL rudely shuts down. been going on since Gold was established. Before Gold it worked fine. Have complained about this in the past, but no response and consideration.
    I have agreed to the Terms of service as it only applies to this concern above.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

13. Peoplewhiz

I received a "popup message" on AOL for an outfit called "PeopleWhiz" proporting that it contained hundreds and hundreds of records of people which included background, criminal and all other types of data on just about everyone in the country. I decided to give it a try and used it to search my own name and found that it contained primarily false and incorrect data, or data which pertains to other people having a similar name without any regard to associating the information to the proper person. As you "progress" through the program it tells you there is multiple criminal…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will have our Ad Team look into this.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base