Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

80 results found

1. Chats needs to improve

Wheres is the red heart on that used to be on the chats and chat room list? This chats needs also improvements, when open the window to get to the chat it gets in blank I have to close the the chat room list to reopened, I have to do it several times. Also, when we send the message it keeps sending in the same massage, this is confusing specially if we are chatting with a different person. The chat frizzes a lot. We can use a dotted line like this ... it does't respond to send the message, to…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. HELLO DOES ANYBODY WORK IN THE REPORT A BUG SECTION ??

YES DOES ANYBODY WORK IN THE REPORT A BUG SECTION OR WHAT ?? AM I WASTING MY TIME OR WHAT ?? I WROTE FIVE LETTERS AND MY HUSBAND HAD WRITTEN ABOUT OUR AOL E-MAIL SECTION...EVERY TIME GO GO TO A DIFFERENT DATE AND SAVE THE E-MAIL IT KEEPS POPPING UP TO THE TOP OF THE WHOLE PAGE TO CURRENT DATE INSTEAD OF STAYING ON THE DATE YOU WERE AT...I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO FIX IT ON BOTH OUR E-MAILS THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SOME TIME AND YOU GUYS STILL DO NOT FIX THIS....IF THAT BUG SECTION DOES NOT…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In this case, let me put you in touch with one of our AOL Desktop Gold Technicians to look more into this. Please call at 1-888-265-3733.

3. unhappy!

My scan does not work with my AOL Gold HELP !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix Video Player

Fix your video player! Every time I try to watch a video on your Aol.Video service, I get this: "Sorry, a network error caused the video download to fail. Please refresh and try again." Why? I watch videos all the time on my computer, this only happens of AOL! Why? I thought this was the new and improved AOL. Please fix it!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. how safe are our accounts??? found some unknown recovery accounts and phone numbers listed on my account??? how and why? Couldn't log on.

tried to log on. could not. ask about an unknown recovery account: "mikewilly@yahoo.com" and unknown text, mobile, phone number???? never heard of them. finally got to my settings and edited out the unknown numbers and name. what is going on? told to contact a security link. the link stated "not a safe connection" ???? what are you guys doing? How safe are our accounts !!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a recurring issue that I believe is related to security settings on iPad and iPhone.

AOL mail has been successfully added to iPad and iPhone. When there is an IOS update, something prevents me from sending mail from my account. AOL still functions properly on my HP laptop. Please provide information about what settings I (or you) need to revise to prevent this issue from recurring?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Compliant

my issue is that my aol has stopped me from saving images, it just doesn't work at all. Also, just recent, when I go to the Chase app to login, after login I get these giant letters and a circle in the left hand corner of the screen that won't let me get into my screen for banking. The only way I can access this is through google crome. Can you please fix this because now I'm paying for something that cannot fully serve my purpose.

Thank you
    William
    9********2

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to Update Chat Identifier/name

My Chat Identifier/name shows as " SL4BH4Z64YTXH7MIJJA2DVGR3Z". This has been happening for a month now. I am still unable to to update/change it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AOL claims I'm from the UK? What in the World are they talking about? I was born and raised in Colorado and have lived here all my life!

This is NOT an idea, this is a COMPLAINT! I've been a paying member of AOL since it was in existence. I tried to "chat" with them and THEY claimed I'm from the UK, even though I was born in the U.S. and have lived here my whole life! What is wrong with Verizon and Gold. It sucks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL ema

I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL emails. AOL already reads all my emails now and Samsung is trying to steal the data that AOL sells or uses to entice advertiser to place ads on AOL. I down loaded the AOL Mail app but so far I can only download this AOL screen name.I sent AOL a message to upgrade their mobile app.

Roy

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our Technicians can help you with this Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

12. AOL Desktop Gold invalid digital signature

Get your software and updates VALID digital signatures. Norton Security gave me a Firewall Alert a few minutes ago saying, "Aol Desktop Gold does not have a valid digital signature," meaning, the software itself could be invalid! That's not good! Mark your software--INCLUDING UPDATES--with valid digital signatures!! The "fix" is easy enough on MY end...just tell Norton Security to "allow it always." BUT THAT SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY--THE SOFTWARE SHOULD HAVE A VALID DIGITAL SIGNATURE! That would keep Norton Security happy, and prevent unnecessary Alerts. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. phishing site

Seems the new Download Manager software triggers a block by Malwarebytes due to the "banner ads" site being a PHISHING site ... you may want to check this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sign in trouble

aol screen name appears then go to password and get error message

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technicians to investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

16. My computer is UNPROTECTED but I cannot get McAfee FREE to download

MY COMPUTER IS UNSECURE BECAUSE I CANNOT GET FREE MCAFEE TO DOWNLOAD

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support Agents to help you with this. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

17. Switching between screen names is very slow or not happening at all today. What's wrong?

Switching between screen names is very slow or not happening at all today. What's wrong?
    Reset
    Vote for an existing idea (894)
    orPost a new idea…
    Why does AOL "gold" s

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SERIOUSLY

SERIOUSLY what an awful mess you have created with "GOLD"? IF I see one more time "NOT RESPONDING" I will scream. I try to read a story and when I click close I lose the WHOLE Welcome Screen (I'm sure this is ALL part of your NEW and IMPROVED AOL) I've been with you guys for a long time but I'm thinking it's not going to be much longer with this **** that you have now presented us with. Just cut your losses and go back to the last version.THIS is NOT worth my money and it makes me sad…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. aol.uservoice.com

FIX UR STUPID.......PRIVACY DASHBOARD........U :" THIEFS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRIVACY MEANS PRIVACY & NOT THAT U & VERIZON HAVE THE RIGHT TO SELL IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL IS NOTHING THE LYING TRASH ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "STEVE CASE" NEVER SHOULD HAD SOLD IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U CROOKS,LIARS & THIEFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. EMBEDDED IMAGES

WHY DO U CALL AOL: GOLD ?????? THERES NOTHING GOLD ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO EMBEDDED IMAGES SHOW UP.........AOL IS NOT RESPONDING,AOL COULD'NT SEND MAIL BECAUSE OF ERROR............CLICK ON IT AGAIN & THE MAIL DOES SEND !!!!!!!!!!! ARE U ALL NORMAL @ AOL ????????????? I HAVE BEEN WITH AOL SINCE THE DAY "STEVE CASE" HAD OWNED IT !!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS HOW U TREAT US & MAKE US PSY FOR NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS SEE IF U POST MY COMMENTS OR BAN THEM AGAIN ??????????????? TRUTH HURTS DOESN'T IT

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold