Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. AOL Gold Install Disc

I need an AOL Gold Install Disc to install AOL on my new Dell laptop!! I cannot download from the net because the AOL Techs say my network is infected and now secure!!!! Well, I have been using AOL on this netwrok for over eight years now!!! No problems!!! I have Shentel Cable DSL that all we can get here!!!! Send the disc to: David *, * ** *, *, VA ** ....... Otherwise, I will have to leave AOL for good!!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we do not have a CD for the AOL Desktop Gold. Please follow the steps below to download a copy of software:

1. Sign in to mybenefits.aol.com
    2. Under ‘All Products’ scroll to ‘AOL Desktop Gold’.
    3. Click Download Now.
    4. Follow the installation steps listed below.

2. HELP

Even after speaking with AOL tech support and explaining were not loading correctly nothing has been done. I was told by AOL tech support " this is how it is now" not it isn't, things are supposed to load properly. You still cannot get into any chat rooms...after reading one article my welcome screen just goes to white....so this is how it is? Really? Tech support lies just to get people off the phone. I wasted an hour today with your tech support only to be told ...this is how it is now as I sit here looking at something…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Try restarting the computer. After that log into the AOL Gold software and check if you have the latest version of the software (11.0.2066): click on Help > About AOL.

3. Cannot find a place to input my comment re: Cannot find a place to input my comment.

Cannot find a place to input my comment Cannot find a place to input my comment.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AOL Desktop Gold (Not Responding)

AOL Desktop Gold is not responding on my computer. The issue is intermittent. I can navigate for a while and then all of the sudden it will not respond. Contacted AOL Tech Support. We run System Mechanic, still no good. Checked task manager to checked CPU usage. AOL Desktop Gold is the most highest running program on my PC. Please check this problem. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

6. AOL Shuts Down

AOL for some reason disconnects from internet and you have to reload it this happens on more than one PC so it's not the PC so when you are on a site and it shuts down and you have to bring AOL back up it sucks.Now that we are paying for this service it should be better than this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

7. AOL - NON help

have an educated and intelligent person, that DOES NOT speak "computerees" set up all help on your site. as it is it only creates more problems - than a Pregnant Nun may have... I am 68 years old, 2 undergrad degrees and decades of USING a computer..and can t acccomplish - changing AOL account password, pay my bill with AOL, etc etc. etc. after 1.5 hours I gave up. and I did us my Master AOL address. OH. and have person with English as 1st lang. set up all.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. aol desktop gold unable to launch- experience it 3x a day already uninstalled and reinstalled - did worked today but hoping it would not h

aol desktop gold unable to launch- experience it 3x a day
    already uninstalled and reinstalled - did worked today but hoping it would not have the same issue again. kindly fix asap- Thank you!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop using scripts to cure issues. Instead of saying that they are speaking to a tech, why not elevate the call to someone more qualified?

Allow calls to be elevated to more qualified techs. Seems you cannot get past the person answers the call and depends on a script to resolve the issue. These 3-4 hour phone calls are ridiculous.
    "Chatting" with AOL is absolutely worthless as the representative are rude and end the chat without warning

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

10. AOL Background Processes never stop in Windows 10!!

AOL Gold on Windows 10 will not stop running multiple background processes for the last 4 months. Gold & W 10 all up to date. No new antivirus installed - always same Norton for years. Worked fine for almost a year. Uninstalled & reinstalled by your people 10 times, never fixed. No one at AOL will fix this for us, called a dozen times & we pay $13.99 a month for this! Must reboot with every icon opening ro erase the inappropraitely stored background processes or icon will not open up again! Only app that does this - dozens of…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

You will see multiple CefSharp processes (along with the regular AOL Desktop Gold and Tray app processes) in your Task Manager in case you have several windows opened inside the AOL Desktop Gold (mailbox, email or browser), just like you would when having multiple tabs opened in external browses (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).

Regarding the issue opening the AOL Desktop Gold, we have a few solutions for you.

First of all we recommend updating the Windows operating system. It is essential to have the core components, of the operating system, up to date in order to ensure the best functionality for the applications on your system.

To improve the performance of your computer you can enable only essential startup programs. To do that, please follow the steps from this…

11. 1. Visit MyAccount.aol.com. 2. Click My Services. 3. Click Subscriptions. 4. Click Manage next to the plan you’d like to cancel. 5. Click Ca

1. Visit MyAccount.aol.com.

OK   I TRIED TO DO THIS     BUT AFTER I CLICKED  # 4  ALL IT KEEPS DOING IS LOADING   I WAITED FOR OVER 5 MINUTES   AND IT STILL DID NOT LOAD,  SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR APP,  SO I STILL CAN NOT CANCEL,  I DID TRY THIS SEVERAL TIMES 
    PLEASE FIX THIS--  MY ACCOUNT PROBLEM

1. Click My Services.
    2. Click Subscriptions.
    3. Click Manage next to the plan you’d like to cancel.
    4. Click Cancel.

5. Click Cancel My Billing.

6. Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu.

7. Click Cancel My Billing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try to clear the Footprints and follow the steps again.

Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

13. spellcheck

Why does Gold freeze completely when I use SpellCheck on an email?
    I have to CTLALTDLT or turn off my computer very time Spellcheck does this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

In case the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our agents further investigate.

14. When I open Aol it takes a long time for the blue circles to stop spinning and allow me get

When I open AOL it takes a long time for the blue circles to stop spinning
    and allow me to get the welcome page. It also happens when I switch from one user name to another one.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try clearing the Browser Footprints:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

15. no option to save images from websites on aol gold onto my usb chip

no option to save images from websites on aol gold onto my usb chip

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New AOL privacy policy. Looks like we have to agree to our information being marketed and shared with others. How can we opt out of that?

New AOL privacy policy. Looks like we have to agree to our information being marketed and shared. Even our email content will be targeted. Is there a way to opt out of that? I like AOL but I don't like my information being marketed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand that you have concerns about the new Terms of Service (https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/terms/otos/index.html) and Privacy Policy (https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/privacy/index.html) that you’ve been prompted to agree to. You can review the FAQ (https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/guce/faq/index.html) for more info about the changes. To learn more about the choices we offer and to exercise control over your information, please visit our Privacy Controls page: https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/controls/index.html. If you’d rather not agree to the new changes, you may choose to cancel your account (https://help.aol.co.uk/articles/account-management-cancel-or-reactivate-your-AOL-account) and stop using our service.

17. When I copy and paste my error message IT WON'T paste into the report a bug section.

When I copy and paste an email error message I cannot paste it into the report a bug section so you can see it. How are you going to fix the gold issues if you won't let us send them to you?

BRING BACK v 98.2 it was PERFECTION and the Email standard of all time vs. all the others.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please use the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C to Copy and CTRL+V to Paste inside the Report a Bug window.

If the error message does not show up inside the window, after pasting it, it means that the error page does not allow the copy function.

In this case, please type the error message inside the Report a Bug window.

18. All of the unaddressed issues

Since leaving feedback is getting us no where simply click report a bug (right below leave feedback) and type your issue there this MIGHT get us some results, after doing so you'll find an email from "tester" in your sent mail (we're paying to test this I guess) which has several logs attached MAYBE someone will actually start addressing our issues!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us.

19. Where's the "AGREE" Button?

I've read and reread the "Terms of Agreement/Service" and nowhere can I find the button to click on to agree to anything therein. How do you expect anyone to agree with all of that stuff?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to accept the new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, you’ll need to read all of the text provided. After you’ve scrolled to the bottom, the option to accept will be clickable.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base