Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

81 results found

1. Complaint

COMPLAINT: Morons... Site says tech support 24x7, but try to get through (at 10:15 PM Pacific??) Also, when trying to reset forgotten password, the site won't accept anything that is remotely close to last or other computer used password, and AOL plays God saying "too short, try again."

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make this more stable. Since aol gold has come out I have had to reinstall it 5 or 6 times now. It keeps messing up and not loading.

Make this more stable. Since aol gold has come out I have had to reinstall it 5 or 6 times now. It keeps messing up and not loading. The old aol was much better than this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There is too much verifying backup up addresses.

Stop all this verifying a backup address. Every week i get this notice to verify the backup addresses and phone number. And frequently you want to send me a verify code on another address that I am not signed in on so a pain to get that code. Maybe every six months you can verify but no more often.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please contact our phone support representatives at the following number: 1-800-827-6364, Monday – Friday (8 AM – 1 AM ET,) and Saturday (8 AM – 10 PM ET.).

4. Fix Netflix site. Keep getting error message.

Getting error message when trying to log on to Netflix. Please fix.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. At nite time I clear all my "Recently Deleted" files folder. The next morning, I find 2 to 6 valid new emails now in my "Recently Deleted"

At nite time I clear all my "Recently Deleted" files folder.

The next morning, I find 2 to 6 valid new emails now in my "Recently Deleted" folder. Why?

Sometimes, all of the nite time deleted files are also now included in the next morning of my "Recently Deleted" folder. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL Defects

Your software defects should be fixed!
    (1) E-mails saved on my PC should be in a file accessible by non AOLr program tools to allow file recovery if possible in case of file or folder damage.
    (2) Folders now missing due to damage from outside events should be enabled to be deleted by AOL to enable the same name to be reused, now blocked forever.
    (3) AOL should be stopped from automatically and arbitrarily diverting incoming messages to the SPAM folder. This should only be under control of the user.
    (4) Starting AOL for the first time each day takes…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll pass this along to the engineering team. For the other issue I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

7. When I copy and try to paste a second image, it will paste the first or previous image instead. Please fix this! It's very frustrating!

I have to shut down and restart in order to paste the current image I want to paste. It pastes the previous image instead of the current copied image. I've sent feedback about this problem before, but it has not been fixed. Are you listening, AOL Gold?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Security question answer should never display in clear text

When recently signing onto AOL Desktop Gold with one of my secondary screen names, I received a pop-up that stated there was "unusual account" activity and it required the answer to my security question. When I typed that in, it displayed that answer in "clear text" when in fact it should never display a security answer in clear text.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. AOL Desktop Gold not launching

I just try to get on and it wont let me connect to AOL gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The actual program stays but the outline is moving and it is annoying and it wont move as soon I move the program with the outline together

The actual program stays but the outline is moving and it is annoying and it wont move as soon I move the program with the outline together and it will be more convenient.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. probems with aol tech fortress

Your Tech Mary said she was going to connect me to Billing. I told her I thought they were closed tonight but she said I could reach someone by requesting “get live help.” That did not work out.

I have had five problems so far with your app AOL TECH FORTRESS over the three days that your AOLtech convinced me to give it a try. I want it removed ASAP and I should not be charged for it.

Problem #! I neeedd to get on an educational website for a school project. AOL TECH FORTRESS would not allow it. It…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Thank you for yet ANOTHER unwanted shortcut on my desktop

Every few days, your stinky program puts a shortcut to AOL on my desktop, DESPITE the facts that THERE IS ONE THERE ALREADY. Nor did I WANT or even try to get a second shortcut. You are making changes to my computer WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION which I wouldn't give you because you people can't do anything correctly, other than **** off your long standing customers with your absolute garbage changes to what was once a **** good program.

You folks really suck.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call at
    1-888-265-3733.

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Terrible service and connectivity

Why can you not keep the chat rooms up and running. Paying for this service has seem to make it worse. I have not been able to sign into chat rooms for 2 days now. Why is Gold so horrible and unstable? Can you even answer this? The chat rooms just keep loading and loading and loading, not one is available. I have been an aol subscriber for 20 years and have never had this kind of experience on here as I have had since it became AOL GOLD...more like fool"s gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

16. Malware content in your news articles

Why is it that when I open your 70 news articles in the welcome screen, my virus folder filters out about 25% of these tidbits, saying that they are suspicious etc...you should be scanning these first before they get to us. as we should trust you with non-virulent ads/news. Do you agree?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. AOL Gold is a routine disaster, cannot Fwd emails many days, Address book shows triple for each group.

AOL Gold is a routing disaster for my wife and me. Many days, it will not Fwd any emails, right now my address book shows triple for the various groups, 2 of the 3 are blank!
    I have been an AOL used since was back in the 1990's. I do not want to change to another server, but about read to. Now we are paying over $5 per month and getting continual frustration what, if anything is being done to make things work right like they used to, when it was a free service?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AOL - My files have lost? I am paying for service that I am not receiving? HELP !

AOL - My files have lost? I am paying for service that I am not receiving? HELP !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why do you all put an app out there and even help us download it, but when we decide we don't want to keep it, refuse to help get it off?

I tried AIL one point had help from AOL to download since it would not work for me. Friend of mine had his laptop stolen so now all of his passwords can be used by the thief. So I decided to get rid of one point. Ran the uninstall, system said was successful. However it is still there and pops up routinely. Your help desk told me yesterday this is not an Aol problem you need to contact the other company. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gold is the new Bronze.

Not an idea, but complaints. e mails disappear, can't delete e mails, e mails still there hiding behind welcome screen, crashing often, too many fricken ads(unbelievable). Fix these and I'll send more.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

Regarding the mail issues, please reach out to our technicians by calling 1-888-265-3733.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base