Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

81 results found

1. The actual program stays but the outline is moving and it is annoying and it wont move as soon I move the program with the outline together

The actual program stays but the outline is moving and it is annoying and it wont move as soon I move the program with the outline together and it will be more convenient.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. probems with aol tech fortress

Your Tech Mary said she was going to connect me to Billing. I told her I thought they were closed tonight but she said I could reach someone by requesting “get live help.” That did not work out.

I have had five problems so far with your app AOL TECH FORTRESS over the three days that your AOLtech convinced me to give it a try. I want it removed ASAP and I should not be charged for it.

Problem #! I neeedd to get on an educational website for a school project. AOL TECH FORTRESS would not allow it. It…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Terrible service and connectivity

Why can you not keep the chat rooms up and running. Paying for this service has seem to make it worse. I have not been able to sign into chat rooms for 2 days now. Why is Gold so horrible and unstable? Can you even answer this? The chat rooms just keep loading and loading and loading, not one is available. I have been an aol subscriber for 20 years and have never had this kind of experience on here as I have had since it became AOL GOLD...more like fool"s gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

5. Malware content in your news articles

Why is it that when I open your 70 news articles in the welcome screen, my virus folder filters out about 25% of these tidbits, saying that they are suspicious etc...you should be scanning these first before they get to us. as we should trust you with non-virulent ads/news. Do you agree?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL Gold is a routine disaster, cannot Fwd emails many days, Address book shows triple for each group.

AOL Gold is a routing disaster for my wife and me. Many days, it will not Fwd any emails, right now my address book shows triple for the various groups, 2 of the 3 are blank!
    I have been an AOL used since was back in the 1990's. I do not want to change to another server, but about read to. Now we are paying over $5 per month and getting continual frustration what, if anything is being done to make things work right like they used to, when it was a free service?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AOL - My files have lost? I am paying for service that I am not receiving? HELP !

AOL - My files have lost? I am paying for service that I am not receiving? HELP !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why do you all put an app out there and even help us download it, but when we decide we don't want to keep it, refuse to help get it off?

I tried AIL one point had help from AOL to download since it would not work for me. Friend of mine had his laptop stolen so now all of his passwords can be used by the thief. So I decided to get rid of one point. Ran the uninstall, system said was successful. However it is still there and pops up routinely. Your help desk told me yesterday this is not an Aol problem you need to contact the other company. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Gold is the new Bronze.

Not an idea, but complaints. e mails disappear, can't delete e mails, e mails still there hiding behind welcome screen, crashing often, too many fricken ads(unbelievable). Fix these and I'll send more.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

Regarding the mail issues, please reach out to our technicians by calling 1-888-265-3733.

10. Every time I try to sign on I get the message that the software needed to sign on must be reloaded. Why was it erased at all?

When working off line w/Microsoft Word I keep getting a reminder that the software needed to sign-on to AOL needs to be added. Your pop-up message contaminated my Word data file and now I can't erase, close or access the file. Thanks a lot. I lost 1/2 hours work and now the file is inaccessible! It seems your software is erased every time I log off. Why? Why? I've been a loyal customer for over 25 years and you are on the verge of losing me.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AOL Gold Email Issue with Sent From Name

All emails I send out show to others as being sent from my husband. We have separate emails within AOL but my son and I are under his account. This was never an issue until we installed AOL Gold. I have called the help line and they cannot resolve it. There is no reason it should be doing this and after a year this is very frustrating. Please fix this issue.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Questions

has AOL started sending out TOS warning emails ? IF so, why does it reference AOL GOLD DESKTOP MESSENGER which doesnt exist and also has AOL send out recent emails with a survey request

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AOL appears to be interfering with basic functions of my laptop !

Why is it that, all of a sudden, my "Print Screen" function will not work at all if I have AOL running? Extremely annoying! It works just fine if AOL is shut down, so it must be something to do with AOL.....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. What's the point in removing features for paying customers?

Still not having received photos and messages sent from not only my own phone but those of family members from nearly a month ago, I decided to message my phone from my aol mail yesterday. I got the message but my phone informed me that "this user does not support replies" so, for years as a free member I was able to receive messages from my family to my aol mail, but now that I am a paying member again I can't?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. my background picture disappeared. Why???

my background picture disappeared. Why???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apparently

My OLD AOL desktop program would automatically disconnect from the braodband if the computer was silent for 10 minutes. AOL Gold does NOT do this. If I forget to sign out, it comtinues to be connected and use my broadband minutes for hours and hours or even days and days. Very VERY very frustrating. We need this to re reinstated into the Gold desktop.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep being prompted to buy an additional aol desktop gold subscription

I keep being prompted to pay for a desktop gold account for one of my user names. Why must I pay for another account when I already have one? It goes on to tell me that I will have to retrieve my email from aol.com if I dont purchase another gold account. Isnt this double dipping?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Blocking Pop-Ups does not work, and articles cannot then be read. FIX IT!

Click on any article with text, and you can't read it because pop-ups ads keep popping up -- even when you've selected to "Block all Pop-Ups." And, the same ads keep coming up. I lost count of how many times I've given up and clicked out of some article. AOL is beginning to have the same reputation that COMCAST has. POOR SERVICE!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AOL Reading & Writing our DB folder every time we start AOL software

This file:
    "User ID.sqlite.backup-journal" in the AOL Desktop Data DB Folder killing our hard drive by reading and writing for 20 minutes every time we start the AOL software.
    Would you please find the solution to stop this annoying file from doing the above and killing our hard drive every time we start AOL.
    Your reply is required.
    wfarah1200@aol.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

20. my aol desappeared from my computer

unable to get it back. what is happening?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories