AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have * w/ you." emails, etc. **! Make it easy!

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re adding more spam settings in the near future based on this type of feedback! Thanks for reaching out, so we can improve the ADG experience.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

2. Need a delete all button for recently deleted mail.

Need a delete all button for recently deleted mail.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spam is out of control! Fix it!! Why am I still getting emails from spam/scam addresses that I already have blocked in my spam controls ???

Why am I still getting emails from spam/scam addresses that I already have blocked in my spam controls ???

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ANN OYING FLASHING ADS FROM GOOGLE

STOP IT U MONEY HUNGRY *** BITES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T EVEN READ THE MAIL WITH THOSE HARASSING FLASHING ADS FROM GOOGLE/NEW CHIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP GOING & AFTER ALMOST 30 YEARS WITH "AOL" U CAN SHOVE IT SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. block e-emails

I have to open a spam e-mail and then right click on senders address and view nasty photos to send to block list. Why don' t you have a selection at the bottom of new and spammed page the option to send it to block like you have for sending to spam?

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SPAM Handling

Bring back the old handling of SPAM! I can no longer unsubscribe or read something before I decide because you disabled the links. If I move them out of SPAM they go to 'old' and can be hard to find. You are helping the people sending SPAM!

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Eliminate the ads.

Get rid of the annoying ads that in addition to being annoying interfere with the efficient operation of the mail function.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. So when are you going to make your subscribers happy? When are we going to be able to write an e-mail with our choice of stationary?

PLEASE PLEASE bring back all the options we had for writing e-mails... the stationery, the automation. WHEN are you going to think about what your subscribers want?
    Oh, and all the pop-up!? Good heavens!!!!!

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Where are Saved Emails Stored on my PC with AOL Desktop Gold ?

Where are Saved Emails Stored on my PC with AOL Desktop Gold ?

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi - I would like it if you could block emails with certain words in them.

Please allow us to block emails with certain words in them. I get about 20 emails a day that are spa but I can't block them with keywords. The email addresses with todays tech have about 20 different character combos so you can't effectively block them by selecting just the email address.

108th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. GOOGLE ADS

I CAN'T EVEN READ THE MAIL WITHOUT THOSE ANNOYING,HARASSING & FLASHING ADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BULL......***** U & GOOGLE

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SPAM

i use 1 screen name to read stories on the a o l home page where you have to click next page to continue reading i found you will get tons of SPAM on only that screen name, i will never never click on another story that i have to advance to the next page everyday i get at least 20 spams ONLY in that one screen namethe spam controls dont work they keep coming!!!!!!!!!

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

30th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spam

I started using your spam blocker two weeks ago. Now I get 25 or more at a time, over 100 a day all from different urls. I can't block every one. Can't you stop this BS?

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I get a lot of

I get a lot of JUNK emails with over a hundred random characters. A simple way to bock them would be a Filter that Limits the number of characters in email. I would chose the number 40.

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. sign on

The sign off link at top used to show all screens names of master account and if any of those screen names had unread mail. Now it doesn't and you have to sign into each screen name to see if any unread mail is waiting. You went from ease of use to non ease of use. Please return this feature.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. news items

it is impossible to try and respond to one of your lead-ins for all your advertisments, you present a headline, i want to read what your offering, but your ads block the news, jump all over the page and make it impossible to get to the article. i am tired of it and will no longer respond to any of your headlines headlines

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clicking on a link for a Zoom conference breaks AOL.

Found out this is a feature, not a bug, using the browser contained within AOL's ecosystem. Workaround is forwarding the email to another address or accessing AOL mail via the web. This is about security, I was told by a tech, but it's pain. Zoom is VERY widely used in these coronavirus days, so AOL, please get with it.

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base