Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Looks like I am not the only one!!!!!! For your search: “Your rules cost me most of yesterday, my health and my day today!

Now on my own but after hours ++++ of tech help and a totally incompetent and bone == headed C.S. person who would not transfer me to Tech even though I have paid per month since 1085 for that help! and I was up until 4:30 AM this AM, and would not text me to verify me today to help me to get through the problems I had again today with AOL Gold since I had too many texts over the last 12 hours, with no matter that I would leave for an 8 day trip after tomorrow and needed…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

2. advertisement on the aol welcome page about supermat

More than 2 months everyday we see advertisement about supermat on the aol homepage and it also shows it inside the news articles.
    We wish to remove it immediately.We contacted the company and AOL to submit this request.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix the sign-on message bug

I keep getting a sign-on message looking for an alternate email and a phone number to prevent lockouts. I don't have any alternate email accounts. I only have my AOL account. I don't have a smart phone or any phone that will receive text messages. I only have my hard-wired house phone. There's no way to "verify" my house phone with a text message. There's no way to just say "No" or opt out from this annoying message that sometimes prevents me from signing on to a service that I pay for. Please make it stop!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the inconvenience, but AOL is just doing its best to protect your online safety. It’s extremely important to have updated information should you ever need to change your account settings, reset your password or contact AOL customer support.

4. welcome screen

welcome screen does not change

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you hover your mouse over the photo or the links you will stop the news rotation. When you want to restart the rotation, simply move your mouse off the image or links and it will resume.

5. As Free AOL

I have tried to set my account to be Ad-Free, I have signed up and assume I will be billed for this, but Ads from Oath still appear that cover the top half of my screen and I cannot delete or remove them.> BAD STUFF. Here are the details:
    https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/adinfo/index.html, https://www.shutterfly.com/?CID=OM_18_DR_AOL_HPTO1118&mpch=ads

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold is a member benefit that, when activated, removes paid ads from your mail experience in Desktop Gold. Paid ads promote products and services that aren’t related to AOL.

When activated, you’ll no longer see paid ads in your mailbox, address book, open email messages you’re reading, sent email confirmations, Download Manager, or download confirmations. You’ll continue to see promotions for AOL products and brands, which aren’t paid advertisements. These keep you up to date on our latest product news.

6. There are times that the welcome page shows as a blank page

There are times that the welcome page shows as a blank page. I have to sign out or switch usernames before it would actually come up. Clicking on the home button pulls up the page but it is better if it comes up automatically. All other screen names work except for the master account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

7. "next" failure

Almost without excepting, every time there is a list of some stuff that one accesses via a "next" box, it fails to complete, and will not go further...so tiresome and frustrating! terribly upsetting!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how:
    a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

8. AOL constantly stops on one news story. How do I fix that?

Please fix AOL so that it doesn't constantly stop constantly on ONE news story.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the Browser Footprints in order to solve the issue:

Here’s how:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If the issue still persists call us at 1-888-265-3733.

9. Hate new format. Please change back.

Dislike new format started 8/16/2018. Please change back. Will not use this format. Only 3 items under each category. NO Sequim, Wa. weather pops up. If you cannot give me the old format I will stop my AOL Gold account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback about the welcome page.

To add your location scroll down to the “Local News and Weather” section, type your zip code and click Save.

10. desktop page is now wide and short. Why???? Its terrible!!! We have hated Desktop Gold!!!

Go back to pre Desktop Gold. Today our AOL window is very wide and very short! There is no looking at a full page. We have to scroll down to see the rest of the page. It's stupid!!!! Don't like it at all!!! YOUR progress has been anything but!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. aol homepage

Changing AOL homepage does not work. In Edit, startup settings, browser, tabs. No matter what you do the new homepage address will not save or change. It is stuck. Please fix. Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On the settings page, you mentioned please make sure under the “When a new tab is created” option the “display my homepage” is checked. On the bottom of the settings page enter the URL of the new homepage. Changes are saved automatically.
    Please keep in mind that the homepage will appear if you open a new tab, it will not replace the welcome screen.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base