AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why do I have to go through 10-15 pages of advertisements to read one story.

Why don't you let people read a story on one page. I'm tired of having to click through multiple pages of advertisement to read one story. It's not necessary. Many times I give up and try to find the story on Google where I can just read the story. Also every time I switch pages and go to click the Next Page button the page shifts so you wind up clicking on an advertisement and then I have to delete the page I didn't want to see in the first place.

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put the option to opt out of interest based advertising back

AOL changed the opt out of interest based advertising. It used to be easy , now it's so complicated and doesn't actually let you have the option anymore. You used to be able to get it down to only a few, but now, with that option removed. You are subject to an average of 135 different companies tracking and targeting you.AOL doesn't care bout the customer, they are only about advertising, if we pay for AOL service, they only profit more. AOL, no longer stands for "America On Line" It's "Advertising On LIne"

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not show unwanted discussing ads on right side. I keep receiving ads with pictures of DEAD DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THIS! Give us controls

Do not show unwanted disgusting ads on right side. I keep receiving ads with pictures of dead dogs!!!!!! Give us a way to modify ads we receive and especially limit this type of offensive ads.

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AoL at its worse

As one of the oldest email systems, AoL seems far behind other platforms, almost antiquated in some areas, don't even mention the garbage on the what do you think about President Trump site. It is totally sad to see how low some people are. Desktop Gold experience should get rid of all of the bogus and unsitely advertisement, and popups. Time to move on......

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop blocking and censoring comments, AOL clear bias to the left, freedom of speech being violated!

Stop the censoring of conservatives, stop the propaganda articles, show more patriotism for our wonderful country, TRUTH

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. why do i pay for this service that has so many things that are wrong

Why is this still a piece of crab web site that I pay for. Mail always has something not working right. Content freeze up everyday. Are you not tired of being the joke of the internet. Step up your games,

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. USE LESS GARBAGE FROM AOL

YOU PUT IN YOUR ANSWER BOX "GATHERING FEEDBACK" , in other words you are not going to do nothing about a problem that people face on your site except to blank it out so that you don't have to see it again!

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I agree, I have to sign in to post? Why? Please leave it alone....

I and many used to be able to have up to 5 names to sign in...NOW you have to buy it....I would like my other one (JUST 2) back for nothing....bring that back we don't get too much for $4.99...

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hire objective realist MATURE adults to monitor your comments sections so you at least have SOME non ANTI Conservative monitors!

HIRE OBJECTIVE MATURE ADULTS TO MONITOR YOUR COMMENTS SECTIONS PLEASE!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I'd wager the vast majority AOL's comment "monitors" are completely biased against Conservative viewpoints. I know this because my comments disappear or are censored altogether. In the ADULT world your snowflake spineless jellyfish monitors will HAVE TO ACCEPT that the world does not see everything their brainwashed entitled utopia way.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. why aol show a dead dog on open screen

why is aol posting a dead dog for weeks now on open page

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Background vs Stationery

You obviously misunderstood, we didn't want your stationery, we want to be able to OUR OWN backgrounds like before. How difficult is that? You don't even understand what your customers want or need, yet you increase the rates? That's almost laughable. You're stealing from us. Why didn't you take notes of AOL 9.8.2 before you cut it off? You don't have a clue as to what we want or need. You're not even trying to satisfy us. Why not?

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wasting Time

Wasting Time

When I go to the Permanently Delete screen, why do I have to confirm again that I want to delete those messages. I would like to simply click on the message I want to delete and have it gone. It makes it unnecessarily time consuming to have to make 3 clicks to make a message you already deleted disappear.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request Make Similar New Instant Messages

Hi I would like to request to AOL Desktop Gold please make new similar new instant messages add to AOL Desktop Gold

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Conversation section moderators

Conversation Moderators:
    This new monitor program in the "conversation" section of news articles is getting out of hand.
    I posted this in reply to someone who touted their degree from Columbia while disputing Pres. Obama's degree from there. In a second attempt to post, I said "Try again. You really think Obama got into Harvard Law without a degree from Columbia? He graduated Magna *** Laude and was the first junior to ever become Editor of the prestigious Harvard Law Review.
    I assume you're familiar with "Mailman" between Haven Ave and Riverside Dr/ 168th St NY, NY 10032 I know…

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. aol made me change password 3 days in a row

3 days in a row AOL did not recognize my password each day I had to get a code by phone. I remember my password. Why is this happening every day now?????

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am sick and tired of MY comments about stories of the day, being DENIED by AOL. I am NOT using bad words, or name-calling

I have been with AOL for 25 years, and am an older person. Now all of a sudden, EVERY single comment I make about News stories of the day, my comment is DELETED by AOL! I've seen really ugly comments that Never get deleted. If you want to keep me as a customer, then stop deleting every single comment I make! I already got rid of Search and Discover, just today, because of this. I don't need to be paying YOU for treating Me like dirt!

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fraudulent advertisers

On February 23, 2020, I ordered and used my ATM card to purchase a top from NINACLOAK.Com who continues to show the same attractive tops as being in stock. My top has never been sent. In searching for their web site there are multiple links to reveal this is a scam advertiser. My bank is doing an investigation. I used their posted phone number and was placed on hold for over an hour with no response. These people are stealing the order payments from all who order their advertised tops. Please refuse their advertising.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess

I have gotten now a few times when I sign onto AOL Gold:

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of
    CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess on all privat networks.

Name: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess
    Publisher: AOL
    Path: C:\users\xx\appdata\local\aoldeskto\app-11.0.2664\

cefsharp.browsersubprocess.exe

Allow cefSharp.BrowserSubprocess to communicate to these networks:

(Has a check box to check) for Private networks,

such as my home or work network

Has "Allow access" or "Cancel" buttons.

Do we put in a check and or allow access or do we cancel ?

Thank You

610th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. get the games to load and not freeze in new access in pogo

Solitaire Blitz always freezes or does not load...I have been having this problem for awhile now and it in not my PC. I have had the Geek Squad look at it and they said it was in AOL software. If this continues I will not renew my AOL nor my POGO. I have been with AOL since 1997 and I really find this very sad that you don't care about your paying customers.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base