AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My inbox is getting more and more COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS. I pay for AOL service, I do NOT PAY TO HAVE TO DELETE unwanted email.

My idea is for you to NOT keep sending me emails that are ADVERTISEMENTS. i'M SICK TO DEATH of money-grubbing huge multinational corporations trying so desperately to get MORE AND MORE AND MORE MONEY from me, and other people with limited incomes. It's disgusting and you people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. But of course you are not, because MONEY is all that will ever capture your attention.

13th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years????????
    *** SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TO MANY ADS

I pay for this service, cut out all the ****. When i delete something from my mail a big ad pops up i buy nothing from a pop up. i like most of the other folks that have AOL since the beginning are wandering away because of it. The 50 folks in my group are very soon moving if something are not done about all the ads on the paid AOL

124th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. news articles

Why does AOL insist on taking a brief news article and make a novel out of it. You have to click on "next page" many, many times to get to the point. I am not interested in a persons life history to read about the current issue. Why can't you be brief and to the point on your issues. I had one article that I had to click on over 20 times to get to the issue at hand. Get real AOL. You should post who, what, where and when, not the life history of everybody involved. Therefore, I do…

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Does AOL realize that a majority of it's customers support Donald Trump ? So stop.

Does AOL realize that a majority of it's customers support Donald Trump ? So stop with the propaganda .

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. too many

there are way too many ads and 'traps' that try to fool you into clicking on them. They take up almost the entire screen. VERY annoying!

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Returning Comments on Bug reported issues. When contacting AOL techs by phone on problems, they tell us to use the “Bug” link to do so. Th

Returning Comments on Bug reported issues.

When contacting AOL techs by phone on problems, they tell us to use the “Bug” link to do so. This can be hopefully helpful since so many of the AOL phone contacts are unproductive and inconsistent from one tech to another. On average, most of the phone-in tech calls’ answers to tech issues are to reinstall AOL Gold, where that often is not the solution. Their tech resolving expertise is usually very shallow. They spend more time trying to sell me a protection package than trying to find an experience supervisor to answer difficult…

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

I can escalate this to our engineers please provide me with additional details about the issue you are experiencing.

9. Get immensely better at what you are supposed to be doing

You have been shut off now for 20 minutes and I have no access. Three other browsers are working. This is unacceptable and I will now begin looking for a new source of internet after using AOL solely since getting the internet many, many years ago. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The View

"The View" cannot get off the air fast enough. It is dumber that whale ****.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keeping AOL update with the Times

Well we have been with AOL for Years. Now you charge to use it. I can't log in to my bank Account with AOL. I have to use Google chrome to log in now. I call the Bank Support they said AOL is so old that your not keeping up with your updating your Software. So we pay so start keeping up with the TIMES.. So I'll give you guys a little time to fix this problem or i'am to change.Microsoft Explorer. Thank You

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AOL Does Not Offer Solutions to Bug or Feedback Reports.

From March 14th and going forward, I have submitted:

1. Two Bug reports.

2. Two Feedback reports. (One response requested more information, which I supplied.)

3. Contacted AOL via phone twice. (They were of no help.)

When can I expect to receive a solution to the reports mentioned in the above contacts?

I use AOL Gold and Windows 10.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. its pathetic how slow AOL is!

aol is a joke! gmail for FREE blows it away! I can walk a mile till it loads, and my PC is fast, why don't you fire the IT guys and hire some from Gmail! I can read and write ten emails while AOL loads, soon I will wipe off my PC and send to the garbage where it belongs!

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AOL Return Responses – Notify Us

AOL Return Responses – Notify Us

When submitting a Bug or Feedback report, why can’t AOL send an email indicating they have responded with an answer?

Finding your responses on Feedback can be difficult and I usually don’t take the time to check, since often there are no responses. All you need to do is to link our email address, which is included in our report, to your responses.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. too many pages

I have been an aol user for a very long time and enjoy most of your articles (stories), but it seems more often these days that the story does not get to the point, instead there are page after page going into many unnecessary details. Then after many pages of unneeded time wasting details the conclusion is reached...which could have been done in a page or 2 and sometimes never even gets to the story's intended conclusion.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AOL Gold Slow to Respond on Welcome Page, Changing User Names and Closing AOL.

AOL Gold Slow to Respond on Welcome Page, Changing User Names and Closing AOL.

I tried the below AOL solutions and they do not work. This has been an issue since launching AOL Gold. My other browsers do not have these issues. Why can’t AOL get this fixed? I use Windows 10 and have been a paying customer for 19 years.

RESPONDED · ADMINProduct Support (Product Support, AOL) responded · January 09, 2018
    To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:
    1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the…

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can't get problem fixed.

It would be nice if I could get help with a problem I have that is your problem and I have to pay to get help. I can not get to my transactions on my capital one credit card. I says that you have a problem and are working on it, however it has been the same for over 2 months. I can get it if I use internet explorer, but not under aol. I have use aol for at least 20 years, but I can't get anyone to help me.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. weather

The weather report should return to its previous format of 7 days.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base