Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. Unhappy customer

I have been with AOL a very long time !! I have never experience the unfavorable customer service i have received from live chat 2 times they just cut me off. second one messed up my aol that I have to delete each one by one . the other two just cut me off, I am asking if you no longer want me as a customer please tell me. I have been a customer every since aol came out and stand with you when all the other stared come. I am very disappointed in your service i have received in…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I spent 45 minutes on hold with two different people. The first just referred me to another who while trying to help me, dropped the call.

Hire people that know your software. The person in tech support did not know that your company has stopped separating emails from people in my address book and everyone else. So now, many of my important emails are going to the spam folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

7. I am so tired of the CefSharp.browser.subporcess.exe. It continues to tie up my CPU with huge memory use.

I hate aol s use of cefsharp.browser supprocess.exe. It ties up huge portion of my CPU in ways that stalls my computer. I called the help desk and they are helpless to do anything. If it continues I am considering dropping aol after all these years. The really needs fixing. Internet explorer does not use this and it works great, better than aol and its free.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

8. LATINO 50 Y PICO CHAT FREEZES

LATINO 50 Y PICO CHAT FREEZES CONSTANTLY, IS TOO SLOW, CAN'T TYPE FAST IT FREEZES. IF A MEMBERS IS IN THE CHAT INACTIVE, AOL QUICK OUT THE NICK, AND CHANGES THE SETTINGS, FONT, COLOR, THIS IS BIG MESS, WE NEED A BETTER SOFTWARE, BROWSER. PREVIEWS AOL WAS THE BEST!!
    EMAIL FONT COLOR AUTOMATIC SET IN THE CHAT, WAS NO NEED TO DO SETTINGS ANY TIME GO TO THE CHATS

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

10. Help

Do away with overseas representatives on your help site. They are in a tight small office or home. The back ground noise drowns out the conversation. The accent is terrible. They do not know what to do. They can not confirm they are actually AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

11. under romance and 60 and over there is a chatter issue201911 that cusses and breaks the AOL gold rules and have been reported many times

Issue201911 has been reported over and over and over for his nasty comments and talking about having *** with peoples dead mothers. Please do something about this man he still has his account

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out about your experience.
    If you are having an issue within a game chat, please review the following guidelines:
    1. Ignore them. People feed off of your reaction. If we ignore them they won’t get the rush they need and they’ll go away.
    2. Use the Flag feature in chat. Hover over the right of the comment where the 3 dots in a line are, then click the flag and submit the report.
    Your comments are important to us, please reach out for any further assistance.

12. common courtesy

Lets have a little courtesy when on chat, yes you may be busy Arthur S but I waited to talk to you and did not get the complete information and when I asked to wait you cut me off Extremely rude an unprofessional for a paying customer. I think you should wait until the customer is satisfied with the help you have suggested and to make sure the customer is satisfied
    It might be a good idea to hire a few more people to help in the chat sessions instead of being so rude and unhelpful to your customers

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

13. Why do you CLOSE out comments, in most cases, without telling us what you did to address the problem? or if it's corrected

What do you have in your mind to CLOSE out comments, in most cases, without telling us what you did to address the problem and what you have found is the solution. AOL needs to take responsibility for the #$% Gold software that you KNOW isn't properly working. Your tech support has no support from YOU and thus can't answer or fix problems. It's not the tech person's fault but they are the one's who get the brunt for your poorly designed and disintegrating "service" and software. I'm paying for the service for the last years and Gold just keeps…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try clearing the Browser Footprints:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

15. AOL Desktop Gold (Not Responding)

AOL Desktop Gold is not responding on my computer. The issue is intermittent. I can navigate for a while and then all of the sudden it will not respond. Contacted AOL Tech Support. We run System Mechanic, still no good. Checked task manager to checked CPU usage. AOL Desktop Gold is the most highest running program on my PC. Please check this problem. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

16. cannot load aol on the first try

cannot load aol on the first try, second attempt always works, why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try to clear the footprints. To do that follow the steps below:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

17. Getting blue bar when trying to correct words that deletes the following words

When I'm typing and make a mistake, I go back to correct it and I get a BLUE bar, that deletes letters on the next word. I have to change positions, correct the misspelling and then put it back in place. That happens with no warning. And it happens, no all the time, but a lot of times.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't find where to adjust (or stop) auto sign off. When I TRIED to get an answer from chat, I was told to reinstall the entire program!!

I want more time before auto sign off. All info is for OLD AOL not Gold. Chat agent told me to just reinstall the entire program. How does that show me where to locate the option to adjust sign off time? When I asked during the chat, he just left me hanging and quit chatting. And I get to PAY for this great service??!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have agents on standby to chat about problems OR do not advertise you do !!

Your so-called chat option is dysfunctional, no agent ever responds!!
    Either have agents available OR do not advertise such!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

20. chat rooms down AGAIN

Again, your cat rooms are down and people cannot access them. Your service is terrible as of late. Last time this happened I was on the phone with an AOL tech for 45 mins as I was continued to be lied to over and over by people who have no business being called techs...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold