Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

2. Update mailbox.

E mail says to update my mailbox. Sounds fishy. Is this legit?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I tried your offer to download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer when I did the question was do you want to cancel the AOL I have?

Why do you offer: Download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer. I tried and your question was: You already have AOL, down you want to replace it? I have two PCs and I thought the offer was for the second PC?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Update AOL Gold Browser

AOL Gold browser needs updating. When visiting sites such as ebay, the cursor does not appear in the search bar for the site. Google and Firefox work fine. ONLY AOL Gold has this issue. Paying customers deserve a better product

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

6. Using Unread Button is Now Slow

In the past, marking an e-mail Unread was immediate. Now, and for the past few weeks, it takes several seconds for the icon in front of the e-mail to change. Why is that? Can this function be returned to the prior speed? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. 2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues.

7. Looks like I am not the only one!!!!!! For your search: “Your rules cost me most of yesterday, my health and my day today!

Now on my own but after hours ++++ of tech help and a totally incompetent and bone == headed C.S. person who would not transfer me to Tech even though I have paid per month since 1085 for that help! and I was up until 4:30 AM this AM, and would not text me to verify me today to help me to get through the problems I had again today with AOL Gold since I had too many texts over the last 12 hours, with no matter that I would leave for an 8 day trip after tomorrow and needed…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

8. I spent 45 minutes on hold with two different people. The first just referred me to another who while trying to help me, dropped the call.

Hire people that know your software. The person in tech support did not know that your company has stopped separating emails from people in my address book and everyone else. So now, many of my important emails are going to the spam folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AOL Desktop No Longer Opening

With Adobe canceling its Flashplayer and the latest Windows 10 update, AOL Desktop Gold no longer opens. Why am I paying to have the gold browser and its support features, if it's so old and has been so outdated for so long that a couple of much needed updates shuts the whole thing down. I'm now relegated to using Chrome to access my AOL emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

10. Windows 10 was updated and AOL doesn't display favorites in toolbar or save sites passwords.

Support already ended conversation without solving problem. Very disappointed in Tech support.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Toolbar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to retrive my email and use my favorites

Make your service actually work. I've spent hours on the phone with your techs and reported the "BUG" numerous time with no solution.
    I'm a VERY VERY LONG TIME PAYING CUSTOMER. Your lack of customer service is AWFUL!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Official AOL Emails should be marked as such more clearly

Mark official AOL emails more clearly like they were before. They seem to have a slightly different color mail icon but previously the icon & the actual email when opened was clearly indicated as "Official AOL Email". Also if they are indicated as official AOL correspondence how do these emails sometimes end up in the Spam/Junk folder? In this day of so much spam it is important to know what is official.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

213 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to disable the prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

19. Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it!!

Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it, especially since I'm paying you. Also, there's no easy way to block these sites without opening the e-mail. Please respond with a solution.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

20. REMOVE THE 5 AOL ITEMS YOU HAVE ADDED INTO MY 'FAVORITE PLACE

REMOVE THE 5 AOL ITEMS YOU HAVE ADDED INTO MY 'FAVORITE PLACES' I SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE WHAT TO PUT IN THERE-I AM AFTER ALL PAYING FOR THIS SITE AND YOU HAVE NOW CLOGGED UP MY LIST, PUT THEM ALL ON TOP, AND I CAN'T EVEN SEND THEM TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST OR DELETE THEM.
    I DON'T CARE ABOUT OR USE ANY OF THEM. TAKE THEM OUT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base