AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CLOSE MAIL BOX

I want to close my mail box, I have other screen names that usually I closed the mail box, now are full of spam. Please put back that option

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop destroying the Icons.

First you destroyed the "smiley face" by giving it a moronic-looking open mouth. A smiley face is a smiley face. This new thing is not. Now I see you've destroyed the cute "wink." It's substitute is overblown and ugly. Are you deliberately trying to destroy aol? Or has aol been gobbled up by just another tasteless megawhatever?

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. retrieving saved Favorites

The previous AOL saved Favorites that I could open. When opened, it was a list of all of my Favorites and all I had to do was click on one and the website opened.
    This stupid Gold saves as a FAV file that cannot be opened matter what I try.

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE GREAT PROGRAM THAT OPENED THE SAVED FAVORITES AS A LIST SO THAT THE WEBSITE I WANT CAN BE OPENED WITH JUST ONE CLICK!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL YOU MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SLIDE

On Welcome screen, The News Slides OVERLAP, I want to see ONE Slide at a time ..I prefer you format AOL Home screen like your Verizon co-workers YAHOO Home Screen

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Grammerly

It will correct spelling and Grammer mistakes in email.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. write mail

It would be convenient when a user has multiple accounts /user names if the "write mail" screen would display the user name currently logged in. Example:
    "Write mail from User1234"

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search mail feature!

When I search for a particular email address, I want mail "from that one person". I now get ALL the emails that this person was included in, such as in 'group' emails, like my Lions club. Some of those people also send me "personal" emails and I want to be able to search for the one particular email from that one particular person. This is how this "search" used to work and how it SHOULD work. Please switch this feature back to how it was...it is driving me crazy!

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam and then Recently Deleted....the way it is now is terribly confus

Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam, and then Recently Deleted...makes much more sense!!!!! Please!!!!

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transfer Group and its contents to another AOL ID

Give us the ability to create a GROUP name with people listed within the group which we can do now.
    Have the ability to share the GROUP and its contents to another AOL user.
    For instance I created a group under my BIZCAM3 and I want to put on my wife's ID also.

How can this be done?

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bold font color is good - dark and easily read -- on regular type font the color - so faint it is hard to read

The font on articles other than titles which are a good dark color is extremely light and difficult to read. needs to be fixed- adjusted or something to darken the color of regular type in an article.

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. lastpass

If you use Lastpass as your password manager, you need to leave AOL and open another browser, like Chrome, to log on to another account.

It would be good to have a Lastpass extension for the AOL browser.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Health News

Please put back the Health News category. I always use it as I am interested in this category . I would think other people are also interested.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Importing favorites from a different browser.

I am not able to import into Desktop Gold my favorites (bookmarks) from Chrome or Internet explorer. It seems as if you use a different protocol than the other browsers.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. EVERY TIME THAT KAYNE WEST THING POPS UP, WE HIT CLOSE AND ANY VIDEO OR ADVERTISEMENT AFTER THAT IS NEVER SEEN.

EVERY TIME THAT KAYNE WEST THING POPS UP, WE HIT CLOSE AND ANY VIDEO OR ADVERTISEMENT AFTER THAT IS NEVER SEEN.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base