Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

3. I get spam from Unknown Senders even though in my settings I have checked to hide and disable

I have checked in my mail settings to hide and disable mail from Unknown Senders. I am still getting this junk in my Spam folder. Why doesn't hide and disable, hide and disable?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.
    Take control of your inbox by keeping your spam list up to date.

1. Click the Spam Settings tab.
    2. In the box under “Block mail from addresses I specify,” enter the email address you want blocked.
    3. Click the + icon
    4. Alternatively, to remove the address, click the X icon next to the address you want removed.
    More info in this article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-mail-settings

4. Poor VIP CSR Support

Called VIP support regarding OPEN Escalated case and CSR not very friendly. Requested to be taken off speaker phone or boom mike as I could hear co-workers in background LOUDER than her and told she couldn't do that. After a few minutes, I requested to speak to a supervisor and was IMMEDIATELY (as in not checking) told none was available. I will wait until I cool down before calling back.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. but we really do try to provide the best possible service we can for our users and are here to help, not hinder.  We genuinely apologize for anything that gives a different impression.

5. need to send bulk e-mail because I am a member of the organization that does communication

need to send bulk e-mail because I am a member of the organization that does communication

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, what you’re looking for is no longer offered in the current version of AOL Mail. If you’ve received a notification that a limit of the number of sent emails was reached or you’ve sent to too many contacts, you’ll need to wait before you can send more emails.

6. why am i getting so much spam ?

why am i getting so much spam ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

7. your checks as read mail appear at random when deleting e-mails..

when I open an e-mail and and then delete it and start deleting other e-mail items the red check (read e-mails) randomly appears after I start deleting items.. It started over a month ago..Please fix this

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

8. What's wrong with the web site CBSNEWS.COM It loads then goes blank when you use AOL GOLD Does not do this with other browsers

What's wrong with the web site CBSNEWS.COM It loads then goes blank when you use AOL GOLD Does not do this with other browse

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Try clearing the browser footprints. Here’s how: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

9. I am so tired of the CefSharp.browser.subporcess.exe. It continues to tie up my CPU with huge memory use.

I hate aol s use of cefsharp.browser supprocess.exe. It ties up huge portion of my CPU in ways that stalls my computer. I called the help desk and they are helpless to do anything. If it continues I am considering dropping aol after all these years. The really needs fixing. Internet explorer does not use this and it works great, better than aol and its free.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

10. Bogus AOL alert?

Today I received a purported AOL notification that my account is being deactivated by AOL on 1/10. Please confirm that this is not true.
    Thanks, TH

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restore "notifyaol@abuse.aol.com" so we can forward fraudulent emails being sent to subscribers as being sent by aol.

Restore "notifyaol@abuse.aol.com" or create a new email for that purpose so that aol users receiving bogus emails seemingly from aol can be forwarded to you for investigation. I recently received one entitled "deactivation" that claimed I was cancelling my email account. This was pure baloney. I tried to forward it to the above previously working email address but was told it didn't exist.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AOL and Microsoft

can aol gold be downloaded in microsoft windows S mode?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately not. In S Mode, you can only install apps from the Store, and you can only browse the web with Microsoft Edge.

13. Permanently Deleted Emails

When permanently deleting email/spam, Permanently Delete IT! I'm tired of going into the recently deleted area and finding all the ones I had already permanently deleted BACK AGAIN!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emails deleted from your Inbox or mail folders will be moved to the Trash (or Recently Deleted) folder, where it will stay for up to 30 days before being automatically permanently deleted.

14. Major indices key economic indicators

Please, please return performance of the three (DJIA, NASDAQ, S&P) or four (3+Russell) major indices to the top of your finance page. I know what I'm looking for when I visit Finance. If I find it, I may stay and browse. If not, you can bet the farm that I'll go elsewhere - fast.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sorry Browser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY do I get this on different searches the first time, but search again and it works??????????????????
    "We did not find results for: Such and Such.

Check spelling or type a new query."
    I am not listing who I searched for!!!
    Just a SORRY SEARCH BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

16. reinstall the clear foot prints

reinstall the clear foot prints

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here is how you clear the footprints in AOL Desktop Gold:

1. In the top menu bar, click the Settings icon Image of the Settings icon.
    2. Click Browser on the left menu.
    3. Click the Security tab at the top of the window.
    4. Select the data you’d like to clear.
    5. Click Clear Footprints.

17. very sorry you removed the option to block mail from senders not in address book -WHY??

reinstate the option to block mail from senders not in address book - why did you remove it??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, this feature is no longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to the Mail menu and select “Block Unwanted Mail” and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, or mark the emails in the inbox as Spam.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

19. PayPal not working with AOL. Transactions do not complete.

PayPal does not work/complete transactions with AOL browser. Switched to EDGE and PayPal works fine. Need to fix AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this. We’ll make sure it gets to the appropriate team for review but we would recommend reporting it yourself as well to our engineers. Click on help on the top right corner and select report bug from the drop-down menu. Thank you.

20. AOL Gold slows my computer to a crawl

AOL Gold lags my computer down. I've talked to tech and they can't help. When I go into it the program opens 4 CefSharp.Browsers and 2 AOLDesktop.exe. I go from 8% Physical Memory used to 97% whenever I open an article. This does NOT happen if I am using IE. I have spoken with tech support to no avail. I have deleted and reloaded the program with no change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base