Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1414 results found

1. Message appearing about whether or not something is safe; it is from someone in my Address Book...annoying

I am tired of a message appearing on my emails FROM PEOPLE IN MY ADDRESS BOOK who are forwarding attachments to me. Why do I get this message on an email from a bona-fide person in my Address Book? Just tired of these nosy messages. They are NOT HELPFUL AND THEY ARE ANNOYING!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How do I contact Tech Support

I can not find a phone number or email address to contact Tech Support! have problems I need to get fixed! Please Advise! I pay good money expect service!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Had to reload AOL Gold and now all of my saved incoming mail is gone.

Where did my incoming saved mail go?: Why did it not reload?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am so SICK of AOL GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so upset with AOL GOLD and it's updating...my calendar which is extremely important to me has been changed and it inoperable! Also, I cannot clear my browser of some dumb and unuseful names!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have used AOL Desktop Gold since it started. Up until September 20th. when a new e-mail was delivered to me, it would automatically appear

I have used AOL Desktop Gold since it started. Up until September 20th. when a new e-mail was delivered to me, it would automatically appear in my NEW folder, which I always keep open on my screen. Now, I hear the sound notification of a new e-mail, but it does not show up in my NEW folder like always. Now I have to refresh the folder, an extra step. How will I know that THERE IS a new e-mail? What if I can't hear the sound notification or have my sound muted? This has only started since a AOL Software…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To save or not to save log in password

Once I select "do not save password" for log in, that should never change unless I do so. To keep having the "save password" box automatically checked, when switching screen names, even after selecting "NO", is aggravating and wrong on your part.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Support Request  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've had one email in spam now for more than a week that will not delete. I've tried multiple times. Each time I get an error code ET-5016

I've had one email in spam now for more than a week that will not delete. I've tried multiple times. Each time I get an error code ET-5016 telling me to try again later yet all the other ones delete. I'm sick of it and want it gone!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Settings are all messed up

My Avast abtivirus did an update last night, and now I'm having problems with AOL. It no longer has my user name and password saved, even though I've repeatedly told it to. My mail settings are screwed up, and when I try to get to them, all I'm getting is a black screen. What's happening, and how do I correct it? Has anyone else had this problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Using AOL Gold I normally get a message that I have a file open when trying to send it as an attachment. Today I kept getting an EC 4001 an

Using AOL Gold I normally get a message that I have a file open when trying to send it as an attachment. Today I kept getting an EC 4001 and a message that needed an address to send the email. Looks like there is a bug in the system that did not give me the correct error message.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AOL is best at taking your money, while ignoring avalanche of program complaints

AOL does nothing to fix and correct obvious years long, ongoing problems and bugs in the AOL Gold program, apparently ignoring their PAYING Customers. Terrible way to do business, meanwhile AOLs global poor reputation is overflowing.

To wit: When I drag the Red dot link into an email or elsewhere, cursor just sits there blinking and does nothing. Other times it will completely lock-up the AOL Gold program requiring C+ATL+Delete to restart, causing loss of everything currently open. What's the problem? Also, AOL Gold no longer allows closing a window by selecting X in the upper right corner without window…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. another screen

WTF IS GOING ON NOW. I CLICK TO WATCH A VIDEO AND NOW TWO SCREENS APPEAR WITH THE TOOLBAR ON THE BOTTOM MISSING, WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP THIS **** AND CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AOL scamming senior citizens

How dare AOL try to scam me to pay $100 to remove virus software from computers in my household !!! After trying to download AOL Gold I received an error message to contact customer support which I did . After talking to several people , one Tech told me my new laptop had a virus and it will travel to all the computers in the household and he can clean them all for $ 99.99 . I am a Senior citizen and I believe AOL was trying to take advantage of me, by trying to make me believe this BS…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Suspicious activity keeps blocking my emails

AOL keeps blocking my attempt to send emails as 'suspicious.' They forced me to change my password. I did so. They then again blocked my ability to send emails. I have now changed my password several times with no luck in sending emails. It's a shame because I have had my AOL account for ~30 years. Looks like it is time to say goodbye.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. issue printing legal documents, aol desktop gold not compatible with website, first 2 pages would print and the rest of them would be scramb

issue printing legal documents, aol desktop gold not compatible with website, first 2 pages would print and rest of them would be scrambled letters website affected: abclegal.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. getting AOL to let me get into a website

How do I get AOL to let me get into a particular website? I cannot get on with my Computer but I can with my tablet. Has code of 138 whatever that means

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display glitch/bug while playing on games.com after dew minutes the screen on ADG with start blinking

Display glitch/bug while playing on games.com after dew minutes the screen on ADG with start blinking

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. unable to access a specific website on AOL Desktop Gold / Error: 403 - Forbidden

Issue: unable to access a specific website on AOL Desktop Gold / Error: 403 - Forbidden

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Problem not Solved. Please Fix

Problem not Solved. Please Fix.

Aloha, We have contacted AOL Gold tech support Team multiple times about the problem described below. If you can not fix this, please let us know.  We know many others have the same problem and there will multiple cancellations of AOL if it is not corrected. Please respond. Thank you,Tam Nguyen Starting mid November, a pop-up appears in AOL Desktop Gold with the following message:        ttp://csync.loopme.me/?redirect= https%3A%2F%2Fmatch.bnmla.com%2Fusersync%3Fdspid%3D181%26uuid%3D%5BUUID%5D.This message comes on every few seconds and does not stop. It stalls AOL Desktop Gold. My cancelling this pop-up does not stop it from constantly coming back.I contacted AOL Tech support…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base