Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. I don't like Gold

I don't like Gold, things do not work properly as should a new program. They told me that they will fix the problem but they didn't accomplish what they need to do. Gold is slow, having delay on response and favorites are different and not responding. Please fix this as soon as possible.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article:https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

The…

2. fix mail

The "edit-select all" windows function does not work to remove deleted mail..needs fixing

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to us, we will send this to our Product Engineers and they will look into this to see if they can have it fixed in a future update or release of the software.

Press CTRL+A to highlight all the emails in the list.

3. When I send an E-mail and it is gone, so is the E-mail I send. Is there a button or place I can "click" that the sent E-mail stays on my scr

Tell me where to locate a place I can "click" so I do not lose a sent E-mail that I want to modify and send someone else.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Once an email is sent it will disappear from the screen, but you can always retrieve it from the Sent folder, in your mailbox, and forward it to someone else.

4. Make all A-Z settings available.

Many letters are missing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All the options in AOL Desktop Gold are listed under the Settings A-Z page, but the reason you are seeing grayed out letters on the top of the page is because they do not have corresponding options.

5. This software is running so slow. It is not working properly. I am paying for this service and ads are still popping up and running next to

This software is running so slow. It is not working properly. I am paying for this service and ads are still popping up and running next to the mail. The mail has so many different type fonts. Mail does not stay maximized. Once you open an email, it minimizes which is really annoying. Mail folders are not in the proper order.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Keeping the screen maximized is currently not available, but I’ll make sure your feedback goes to the product team.

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow…

6. Things I have sent to you about GOLD previously...no response

1. Incoming emails that have attachments very often don't show the attachments. You have to leave the email and re-enter a second time in order for the attachment to show.

2. Attachments are shown in list format which is fine, but scrolling down oftern "jumps" an attachment. A "stop" should be implemented as you scroll through each attachment so that the attachments are received individually and not "jumped" over.

3. In sending emails I often BCC myself for record keeping. As I tab to the BCC button, I want to be able to enter my email address once I hit the BCC tab…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

An alternative to opening emails is to right-click on the email (from the list of mail in your Inbox) and select Read from the pop-up menu.

There are two ways to detach a file from the email. You can either click on the X button next to the file name, or click on the Detach button, then select the file you want to remove and click on Detach on the bottom of the window.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have an article dedicated to a variety of password help resolutions to assist you: aol.it/1Emii0C

For immediate assistance, please contact AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.

8. AOL technical assistance

If AOL is going to outsource their tech representatives and not hire American workers, at least teach them to speak clearly understandable American english.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Continue & Expand the Romanian Tec Support Center

1. I opened up AOL this morning and found that AOL 9.8 was no longer available to use. Although I had uploaded AOL Gold I did not like it preferring my 9.8 and continue to pay you for my service. I was given no notice of the change or options to retain the old verson. That was rude.
    2. What I disliked about AOL Gold is that I was not able send emails to groups. I called the number on the screen and a very nice agent in Romania? Assisted me in transferring the needed groups into my 2nd Aol Gold computer…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

Unfortunately, groups you have saved in the old software cannot be transferred to AOL Gold. That is why you have been told that you have to manually re-enter them in the new software. We hope to improve this experience for you.

We built the AOL Desktop Gold from the ground up with the speed and reliability of the latest technology. We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback of what features you would like to see implemented.

10. AOL GOLD is BAD NEWS..1. slow. 2. auto save log ins and passwords works 50% of the time 3. I can not organize favorites as I wish

ALLOW ME TO GO BACK TO THE OLDER VERSION OF AOL YOU FORCED ME AWAY FROM>>>>IT WORKED!!
    Gold is slow, favorites can not be ordered as I wish, the remember screen size and location does not work, the auto save of log ins and passwords only pops up 50% of the time and GOLD did not transfer over the log ins and passwords from the older version.
    DO BACK TO THE OLDER VERSION THAT WORKED !!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I appreciate your honest feedback and I will make sure that will be send to the appropriate team.

The order of the favorites cannot be changed.

To resolve the issue with slow performance, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. 2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer 3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These…

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This might be caused by the Display Name setup on your account. Please follow the steps below in order to change the display name:

1. Go to mail.aol.com and log in.

2. Click on Options on the top right.

3. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.

4. Click on Compose on the left side of the window.

5. Scroll down to the Display Name section, and delete or edit the name from the box.

6. Click Save Settings at the bottom.

If the problem persists please contact one of our Technical Support Agents at 1-888-265-3733.

12. improvements for the new Desktop Gold

window size won't stay adjusted///the spell checker has to go....I use german language on e-mails and it keeps telling me what to write!!!!!!!!!!!
    No "heart" button on the address book/ web pages have no "email".."print" buttons/ Address book "settings" and "help" buttons don't work/ we can no longer "CHAT" since they can't help on the Desktop Gold and give a phone number.....I just spent 2 hours trying to get help and the lady who answered couldn't solve any of the problems by remote control. Please fix these problems...we used to have a simple experience with our desktop (and I used…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

To adjust the window sizes, please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the window to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Please note that the option to save the window size and position will not work if the window size is set to full screen.

I will send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features…

13. Posting comments on AOL articles... Mouseover "like" count is now ridiculous!

Mouseover "like" count is now ridiculous due to the sensitivity. Everyone uses a mouse for navigation. It used to be if you had to click on the "like" count to get the popup showing the screen names of those who liked a post. If you hovered over it, it didn't do anything. Now just dragging your mouse over it to get to another location on the page causes the "like" popup. This is extremely annoying. AOL makes changes when things aren't broken. How "non-customer in" is your software development team.

My count down to save myself $$$ and leaving AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate your feedback about the comments section.

If you hover your mouse over the number of likes a certain comment received, you can see the users who liked the comment.

When hovering your mouse over the “like” button it merely highlights. Your “like” will be added once you click on it.

14. Blocking emails and downloading pictures on emails

Emails cannot be blocked by right clicking on the email address.

WHY???? Also I cannot click on a file folder to download photos on

emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

15. FAKE TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER

I did a search on AOL for AOL tech support phone number and one of the numbers that came up was --*. I called the number and was told that someone in Mexico was trying to access my computer. I was only asked my email address and permission to access my computer remotely. No account questions or security questions were asked. It did not sound legitimate so I hung up. I had a hard time even understanding the man on the other end.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is someone posing as an AOL consultant and claiming to help with problems relating to passwords, line noise, hackers or other technical issues. What they really want is to find out your AOL password and other personal information. Remember, AOL Customer Support Team Representatives will NEVER ask you for your password. If you suspect someone is posing as an AOL consultant, do not give them any of your personal information (name, address, password, social security number, bank information, etc.). The AOL Desktop Gold team phone number is 1-888-265-3733.

16. Suggestions

I see so many suggestions and feedback - are you implementing any of them? - Personally, I need the "headers" back, I would like to have the Icons for the toolbar. The speed of keyboard response is terrible. The response time on screen painting is slow. Again, I mention that this system was not fully tested before dumping it on us poor unsuspecting users. AND we are paying for it. We pay monthly and we pay in the doing things over and over because of the response time,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

17. desktop gold ***** lost all my usernames and password on all of my accounts

cancel gold or i might cancel aol ,even if i been with you for years

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop.

Here’s how you clear the Footprints:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists, please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have a Technical Support Agent further investigating the problem.

19. Your latest updated version did not do a thing to fix my problem.

Trying to Create a Photo Album and AOL keeps saying error in desktop. I have tried to download the latest version and it said error and did not download.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at: 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base