Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. My aol gold keeps crashing when I try to upload or download an attachment

My AOL gold was slow, so I called tech support.

They uninstalled it and re-installed the current version.

Now (only after that re-installation), my AOL Gold now crashes when I try to either upload or download an attachment.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

2. photos

When will photos be fixed so they can be pasted in the body of email and not as attachments? It used to work fine with Win 7 but no longer in Win 10 despite making photos smaller or cropping. Having an editor in Gold is useless w/o being able to send a photo. Now one photo won't even send, takes forever and then getting error message to try later. I have reported this "bug" for over 6 months and it still doesn't work.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Edit the Address Autocomplete Feature When Creating an Email

When adding addresses to a new e-mail (or forwarding one), a list of suggested addresses pops up. That list always contains email addresses that are old or people I do not wish to correspond with. How can I remove these unwanted email addresses and stop them from popping up when I send an email?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are suggestions. The option is embedded in the application and its available for any type of application you are using. The feature its not only for AOL. Any other provider uses the same feature.

4. EMAIL Replies

When doing a reply, I HIGHLIGHT only the text I want to be copied at the

bottom of the email.

BUT now it ignores the HIGHLIGHTed text and copies ALL into the bottom...

The default used to be, no highlighting = copy all.
    With highlighting, copy ONLY the highlighted

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate the issue. Try restarting the software and if the issue persists give us a call at 1-888-265-3733

5. aol search

Please fix the situation where the AOL search page pops up just about everytime I click a link in my favorites. Its annoying as F. and I'm seriously considering for the first time since I signed up for AOL in the 1990's going with a different provider. I mean, this week it even starting happening when I signed in. STOP IT! please? thank you!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

6. Your desktop gold is horrible. I pay money for my aol desktop and its worse than 20 years ago

Your desktop gold is horrible. I pay money for my aol desktop and its worse than 20 years ago. And when I would contact the help desk they didn't care and said that is the way it is and if i didn't like it too bad

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 if you have any questions. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

7. COMMENT SECTION: COMMENTS BEING REMOVED BY AOL

You can't say "CHIT" with an "S", but you can access all the **** you could ever want. Go figure THAT out. & they insist on removing my posts because they seem to disagree with my opinion.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public.

Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    - Suspicious IP
    - Any Image

In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services.

For more information, please view our community guidelines: http://legal.aol.com/community_guidelines/

8. TODAY 2-25-2020 I WAS USING THE FEATURE TO REPORT A CHATTER. I TRIED TO FOLLOW SOME INSTRUCTIONS. I GOT A RESPONSE SCREEN ASKING DO YOU R

TODAY 2-25-20-20 I WAS USING THE FEATURE TO REPORT A CHATTER. I TRIED TO FOLLOW SOME INSTRUCTIONS. BUT I GOT AOL RESPONSE - A SCREEN OPENED SHOWING PART OF THE TEXT IN A CHAT ROOM. AT THE TOP PORTION IT ASKED THE QUESTION - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO REPORT (SCREEN NAME). BUT I DID NOT SEE ANYWHERE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION. PLEASE ADVISE. THANK YOU !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cancelled TV Shows: Effective Immediately - Freezes Screen

After the first screen in the articles under the above category the screen freezes and a dissertation based on what appears to be a Microsoft site screen freezes the system. There is a box at the bottom to 'call' someone. This appears to be a scam. I used ctrl-alt-delete and cancelled the AOL task to get out of it. Clean up your act!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

10. Latest News Headlines

Latest Headlines. Over the last 2 days I can only access AOL News and non of the other options. Why are they offered if not available, and why does an alternate selection always defaults back to AOL News.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are having issues with the software try clearing the footprints and restarting it. Should the issue persist please reach out to our support team at 1-888-265-3733

11. while writing an email I tried to copy and 95% of the text I just wrote was GONE,HOW do I get it back??

i tried to copy what I just wrote in an email when what I just wrote was gone. HOW to I get it back???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If this happens again, press CTRL+Z keyboard combinations immediately. That will undo the latest change and bring back the accidentally deleted text.

12. zoom

How can I fix the zoom dialog?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you opened the Zoom option under Edit on the top left corner simply click anywhere outside that window and it will disappear.

13. Staff training: efficient customer SERVICE focus

Your online how to change password instructions are incorrect (No Account Security page/link-- it goes to Log In screen, without Change Password option).

I called for assistance, Tina asked more than 6 verification questions without starting pw change. I asked her to focus on resetting my password but she said more 'verification" was needed. When I did not have the last 4 digits of my credit card payment handy, she said I didn't know the answers so she couldn't reset the password. I said I answered more than 6 questions already and spent 30+ minutes trying to update my pw,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

14. Manage mail listings better.

Please fix the jumble where mail is listed. I am IT professional. You can do better. There is no way to correct the jumble except to exit AOL and restart. Crude programming.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing . To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

15. Local News is unavailable for any zip code although local weather does appear.

Local News is unavailable for any zip code although local weather does appear.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The engineering team is currently working to resolve this.

As a workaround, scroll down to the ‘LOCAL NEWS AND WEATHER’ section on the AOL homepage, type your zip code into the location box, and press ENTER on your keyboard, as opposed to clicking on the Save button.

16. Continue to get email supposedly from AOL saying all accounts will be deleted

Question-- Continue to get email supposedly from AOL saying all accounts will be deleted. Feel this is just spam, band it now goes into spam folder, but guess I am sending this as surprised that AOL does not stop it from even making it to my spam folder. Just checking to get confirmed info that this is spam which I feel sure it is!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Beta 2428 - NOT RESPONDING - Even worse than previously

It took about 15+ minutes, having to KILL the task, restart, and having it mostly immediately go into NOT RESPONDING..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

18. Recent update of AOL Gold - Reporting problem

The recent update made my email send a green background and a peculiar format. Have returned to previous edition which is ok

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

20. LATINO 50 Y PICO CHAT FREEZES

LATINO 50 Y PICO CHAT FREEZES CONSTANTLY, IS TOO SLOW, CAN'T TYPE FAST IT FREEZES. IF A MEMBERS IS IN THE CHAT INACTIVE, AOL QUICK OUT THE NICK, AND CHANGES THE SETTINGS, FONT, COLOR, THIS IS BIG MESS, WE NEED A BETTER SOFTWARE, BROWSER. PREVIEWS AOL WAS THE BEST!!
    EMAIL FONT COLOR AUTOMATIC SET IN THE CHAT, WAS NO NEED TO DO SETTINGS ANY TIME GO TO THE CHATS

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base