Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

You can set a default signature to appear in the mail compose window by following the steps:
    1.Click the Mail menu at the top of the window.
    2. Select “Set mail signatures” from the drop-down menu
    3. Select the signature you want to set as the default signature.
    4. Click Default On/Off. A blue check mark appears next to the signature name.
    Changes are saved automatically.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I appreciate your feedback on the ads. Please try these steps to improve your experience:

First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click " Window" then choose " Save Window Size and Position" from the drop-down menu.

Secondly, you can hide the folders in the mailbox to have more space for the emails. To do this, click on “Hide Folder List” on the bottom left corner of the mailbox, or click on the arrows between the folder list and the email list and drag it towards the left side of the screen.

3. Revamp all windows in AOL Desktop Gold. Graphics are awful. Functionality went backwards.

Windows are too small for the large print sizes. Its screwed up the functionality of email, news pages, and downloadable sites such as my online banking sites. Whoever directed the forced movement to AOL Desktop Gold should be fired. In fact, it should have already occurred.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

4. THIS ARBITRARY DECISION TO DISALLOW DESKTOP ON OLDER COMPUTERS IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE.

THIS ARBITRARY DECISION TO DISALLOW DESKTOP ON OLDER COMPUTERS IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE. I am paying to use AOL desktop but my older -- and perfectly functional computer -- is not able to install it. You technicians agree that the computer is too old for Destop Gold to work and yet I am NOT allowed to maintaine Destop 9.8. Do you realize how unfair you are to those with older computers who have loyally supported AOL for years? I might argue that you are discriminating against those on lower imcomes and also, against seniors. IF you MUST insist on inflicting…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We anticipate all older versions of the AOL Desktop software to change over to AOL Desktop Gold over the upcoming year. We developed this new and enhanced AOL Desktop Gold software to replace the older AOL Desktop versions on the market today.

In order to update to Gold, you will need to update your Windows software to the latest Windows Operating System. The minimum system requirements for the latest version of the AOL Desktop software are Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Internet Explorer 7+

You will no longer be able to access your old AOL Desktop software, but you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like AOL Shield at mail.aol.com

To download and install the AOL Shield for older operating systems as Windows XP/Vista, please follow the steps from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-shield

5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to add a brokerage account in your AOL Finance portfolio, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to http://aol.com/portfolios and go to your Holdings page (located at the top of your screen)

2. Click +Add Portfolio.

3. Search for “Wells Fargo Advantage Founts”

4. Enter your credentials for the account you have selected.

5. Click Sync Brokerage.

If you have other questions about managing your portfolio or have problems setting up your brokerage account, we have several different options for you to contact a Technical Support agent who would be glad to assist you. Please reach out to them through one of these methods:

- By Email at aolfinance-support@sigfig.com
    - By Phone at 1-(855) 267-6269 (8am to 8pm EST, Mon-Fri only).

6. The old favorites is saved with .pfc extension. The new AOL gold is saved with .fav my question is how to copy the old .pfc to the new fav

How to copy the old .pfc to the new AOL gold .fav
    Will the two extensions work together or we have to convert.
    Things are getting difficukt in the new Gold.
    Your reply is appreciated.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The software will read both .pfc and .fav files types. To replace your current list of favorites with a .pfc file, or to append this type of file to the current list of favorites, click on the Manage button on the bottom of the Favorites Places window, then click Replace or Append. We recommend making a back-up of your current list favorites before making any changes to it. To make a back-up, go to Manage and click Save at the top of the window.

7. WHY CAN'T I DELETE A MAIL I JUST READ FROM BOTTOM OF LETTER AS *** BEFORE *** ??? ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME NOW I HAVE TO CLOSE FROM READI

WHY CAN'T I DELETE A MAIL I JUST READ FROM BOTTOM OF LETTER AS *** BEFORE *** ???

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME NOW I HAVE TO CLOSE FROM READING & THEN DO FROM THE MAILBOX WHERE ALL LETTERS ARE LISTED TO READ.??? CAUSING ME TO LOSE MORE TIME TO DO THIS ????

WHAT KIND OF ******** IS THIS. ????

NOW YOU WENT & MADE A SPECIAL **** COMPLAINT PAGE *** WHICH YOU SHOULD *** SEND *** TO EVERYONE **** SO THEY KNOW ALL **** THAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING *** ABOUT YOUR GREAT GOLD **** *** THAT DOES NOT…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you read an email and you wish to delete it simply click on the “Delete” button on the bottom of the screen.

8. I can't seem to copy email addresses in the " To" field anymore to put into a group mail list like I used to. Much more of a hassle to add t

Is there a way to select and copy addresses typed in the "To" field anymore? I used to put a number of them there to do up a new " group" list , copy them all at once to add them all together to the list rather than adding each one as you have to do now. Also- used to copy them individually to put into the body copy of the email- can't copy them now. Is there a way to do this not using " edit" "copy" in the task bar?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can right-click on any email address in the To field and choose “Copy All” from the drop-down menu. Then paste them into another location.

9. Fix the problems!!

Sometimes when saving Drafts, it is very slow. Then I'll find that duplicates and even triplicates are being saved. I spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with the Desktop Gold Tech office, and thought this problem was fixed. It is not. I have complained about this numerous times. If you won't fix it, bring back 9.8.2. I've sent this under Report A Bug also. Hopefully someone will read this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate this issue. Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting " About AOL" from the drop-down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1550, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload. If the issue persists after updating the AOL Desktop, please let us know.

10. Images in Signature File and Celebrity Voices

I need to be able to place images on my saved signatures, like 9.8 allowed. This is something I really need to continue being able to do. Also bring back Celebrity Voices, so I do not have to use the standard, boring AOL default sounds.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

11. You screwed up royally. How come I can't open my files under the "File" tab anymore.

Why did you change things for the worst? Really stupid. I used to be able to press Control and select all files and then delete. It doesn't work anymore. If you want to update AOL don't do it by screwing it up more. Also I can access my personal files from the File menu anymore. I need to do that. Really messed-up

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Open option is not available at the moment in the new software, but we are updating AOL Desktop Gold every 2 weeks to implement more features.

To delete all emails in a folder, highlight / select an email from the list and press Ctrl + A to select all of them.

12. Marking emails as unread does not always work

It rarely works on the first try, mark it as unread and expect it to stay in your new mail then when you want to have a double take you can't find it. Go to old and have to mark it as unread 2/3 more times before it's move back to the inbox. (side note, why isn't my screenname good enough to leave feedback? since I have to add the @aol.com to leave feedback am I going to have to do so to email other aol members as well?)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If the problem isn’t resolved, please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 for more assistance.

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update it to work with newer version of flash player updated to latest version and now address book is deleted.

When I installed AOL Gold it uninstalled the current version of flash player and installed an older version, however my other browsers are just not liking that version so I updated it and lost my address book, All entries were deleted. Another loss was as soon as I installed AOL Gold, I lost over half of my favorites, important sites.. Probably my fault for not cleaning it out in ages, you deleted my bank, and links to software I purchased but left me with the educational sites from when my son (nearly 16) was little. Ha...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More complaints about this horrendous Desktop Gold "upgrade".....

Folks, besides the feedback I've already given you on this horrendous Desktop Gold "upgrade", I have more bones to pick with you. Why on earth does mail now have a confusing "inbox" tab that was never there before? You have a "new" tab, an "old" tab, and a "sent" tab. What on earth is the "inbox" tab for? You can see the new, old, and sent mails with the other three tabs. What on earth does the "inbox" tab do that's not already covered by the other three? One more thing - when I leave the computer and come back,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about your continuous issues with Gold, I’ll pass this over to our engineers.

The Inbox is the main folder where all your emails (read and unread alike) appear. This divides into New and Old folders. In the New folder, you can see only the unread emails as well as those you kept as new. In the Old folder, you will see all read emails. These emails remain in the old folder until you decide to move them to a different folder.

Try refreshing the mailbox after you read or delete an email. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

16. Switches in Marketing Preferences

In Marketing Preferences, Email section, it is not clear what is really happening when a switch is turned On or OFF. Is Add Free emails mean I will have all ads blocked when I turn the switch ON? This needs clarification.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL may send marketing offers by email. You may choose to opt out of receiving all marketing emails or by specific product (for example Ad-Free Mail, AOL App, MacAfee or Private Wifi) being promoted by setting the appropriate preference to “OFF”. If you set marketing emails to “OFF”, you may still receive important information about your AOL features and services or your account by email.

17. Gold is slow and with limited options

Get Gold (desktop) to upload faster as it is much slower than before.

Reinstall the photo editing tools.

Why am I paying for this down graded program?????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The photo editing tool is currently unavailable.

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer…

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gold Improved?????

Gold needs the mail settings option of "people I know" vs "everyone" back. Gold needs all the "Plug-ins" for all the POGO games back in the software (that I "PAY" for by the way!!!) Gold "should have been" at least equal to the old "Blue" before you FORCED us to use it!! You've made changes over the years to AOL without all these problems, You "really" blew this Gold conversion!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon. Certain games on Pogo.com are based on the Java plugin. AOL Desktop Gold does not support the Java plugin, so in order to play these games you will need to use a browser that still supports this plugin, like Internet Explorer.

For more information, please view our article on The New AOL Desktop: Troubleshooting: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-troubleshooting

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base