AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please get rid of "stories" that exploit women...AOL always has articles about ...see through clothing, clothing mishaps, etc...get with it

Stop with women exploitation... how many times can / will AOL use "jaw dropping" as a lead to a story...make the stories non-******...make AOL's stories clean, so clean that our kids can enjoy AOL...

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gold needs to have a TEAM focus on the many issues it has...take 9.8 and make it better -more robust...Let Gold be the shinning star for AOL

I have sent numerous email regarding improvements for Gold...I never have received a response - specific to my suggestions....not really sure anyone reads feedbacks from AOL users...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We take every feedback seriously and share it with the concerned team. We are updating AOL Desktop Gold every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GOLD STINKS

I AM GOING WITH 85% OF THE OTHER FOLKS IN THIS LIST....AOL GOLD STINKS. I have not had this much trouble with AOL since the first day I signed up for it in 2000. Mail - cannot open, trouble getting into the application, VERY VERY VERY SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW in response. Basically this package stinks - and if you paid a lot for it you were had. Thank you for listening but I doubt if this will do any good!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll send your thoughts to our product Team, meanwhile, please try these steps:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

5. What are all the new programs that are showing up from AOL all about? Purpose??

A lot of new programs being sent to us. What is the purpose? Perhaps and explanation or advance notice would be good. My Norton says they are safe but what are they for?? Will it help me or just more advertising for AOL? *****@AOL.COM P M*****

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Gold has enabled premium security features. You can activate them by going to the Edit Tab> Browser settings> Premium Security. Not only will AOL Desktop Gold alert you when you visit dangerous websites, its patented anti-keylogging technology will disguise your keystrokes to hackers who try to steal your personal information.

By clicking the “Learn more” hyperlink next to each of them you can learn more about the security features and functionality of AOL Desktop Gold.

6. local news contains NO local news for area code - email not operating properly - organizing favorites now time consuming - slow to connect -

listen to subscribers - make improvements that are progressive , not regressive , + user unfriendly - why have a local news on welcome screen that has NO local news but has content for areas 100 to 3000 miles from setting - go back to old method of srranging favorites - improve site + email performance - paid subscriber for over 20 years + your changes have given me not 1 reason to continue to be one

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we are continually working on enhancing this new experience. Now, favorites are alphabetized for easier access.

To make sure the email is working smoothly, please try these steps:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These…

7. Disable Popups on AOL Gold

Enable block popups in aol gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can manage your AOL pop-ups by going to the Edit tab, then to Browser Settings and from here to Pop-ups. By checking the radio buttons you can manage your preferences, you don’t need to save your settings, this is done automatically.

8. Safe Central

I'm advised that Safe Central is not compatible with my version of Windows 10 Home (Version 1709, OS Build 16299.192). It makes no sense to ask a customer to subscribe to an add-on that doesn't work. As an accountant I needed this system to be up and running so as to provide comfort for my clients. Why should I subscribe on a trial basis to software that doesn't work?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest Windows 10 update caused an issue in SafeCentral which prevents you from clicking inside the software. The SafeCentral developers are working on a new version of the software to resolve this issue, but unfortunately we do not have a release date at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any questions about your subscription for SafeCentral, please give us a call at 866-485-9217.

9. AOL Gold is NOT as good as the Recent AOL for Windows.

AOL Gold does not "Refesh" the email when you Click "New",
    the OLD AOL did!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Much of what you know and love about the AOL Desktop software is still in the latest AOL Desktop, but just simpler and faster.

We’ve built the latest AOL Desktop to be optimized for the speed of broadband internet. We’ve streamlined the download and installing process and have taken the stress out of updating your AOL Desktop software. Updates to your software now happen automatically in the background, leaving you with an uninterrupted, connected experience.

We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback of what features you would like to see implemented.

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case you are still experiencing this issue, you can rearrange your Sent email list, by clicking on the ‘Date’ column above the first email.

If you still encounter issues please reach out to our technicians by calling 1-888-265-3733.

12. Mailing labels

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Bring back the ability to print mailing labels.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If the email label you want to print is included in the message header or footer, follow these steps in order to print it:

1. Open the email.
    2. Click on the ‘File’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Print Preview’.
    4. Check ‘Show headers and footers’ from the top left.
    5. Click on the ‘Print’ button on the top left corner of the Print Preview window.

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To see what revision number your AOL Gold has, please go to help menu and select “About AOL”.

14. email inbox

Delete email Inbox it is just a duplicate of old mail and any read mail that will remain in the New box once it has been checked 'Mark Unread'. The Inbox is useless & confusing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Inbox is the main folder where all your emails (read and unread alike) appear. This divides into New and Old folders. In the New folder, you can see only the unread emails as well as those you kept new. In the Old folder, you will see all read emails. These emails remain in the old folder until you decide to move them to a different folder.

1 2 47 48 49 51 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base