Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. bring back my email setting

the new email is really annoying. the font size is to big, and I can't use my toolbar (i.e Edit button, select all, cut copy paste) with my email. please fix this. I pay extra to have aol on top of having to pay for a internet provider. AOL Gold is not worth the extra money I spend every month.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

To adjust the font size in the list of mail, click “Edit” on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, select “Mail Settings” from the drop-down menu, and from the “Font and Text”" tab select your preferred " Font Size" from the drop-down menu (Small, Medium or Large). After selecting the Font Size the changes are saved automatically.

I will pass along the issue with the copy, paste, select all options not working from the Edit menu to our engineers. You can use the keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+C to Copy, CTRL+V to Paste, CTRL+A Select All) as an alternative.

2. Make PFC on AOL Gold available.

Make PFC on AOL Gold available.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The personal filing cabinet is stored in a local database folder, which can be opened by accessing the path below in the Windows Run box (press the Windows key + R): LOCALAPPDATA\AOLDesktopData\db

The Product Engineers are working on implementing a back-up and restore option for the personal filing cabinet which will be available in a future update.

3. Someone explain the new "Inbox". I'd like the 9.8 "New Mail", "Old Mail", and "Sent Mail' back.

For 20 years, we had New Mail, Old Mail, and Sent Mail, with the option of keeping mail as New Mail. Now I don't know what is going on and I have lost some emails that I wanted to keep. Not happy. Not happy at all with this new version of AOL Mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Inbox is the main folder where all your emails (read and unread alike) appear. This divides into New and Old folders. In the New folder, you can see only the unread emails as well as those you kept new. In the Old folder, you will see all read emails. These emails remain in the old folder until you decide to move them to a different folder.

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

4. Hi I am not able to send pictures via aol gold using picassa.

Hi I am not able to send pictures on aol gold using picassa

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try setting AOL Gold as default mail client:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Log in using your username and password.
    3. Click on the Settings icon.
    4. On the General tab click on the Make Default buttons to make AOL Desktop your default browser and/or email client.

5. please don't be unethical...

after 20 years with AOL, you forced me off a no problem AOL to having frozen screens on the "Gold" platform......the page freezes up on me and VIBRATES with the cursor bar on the right side and the WHOLE bottom LINE rapidly vibrating up & down............."Michelle" was nice and seemingly helpful and did the Bomgar control but then tried to sell me the SUPER ANTI SPYWARE app. for $3.99 a month , therefore nearly doubling what I pay monthly..........I had already starting "migrating" some of my web sites i use to my GOOGLE CHROME and it you want to lose…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

Please report the freezing problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

7. Both sent and incoming emails have gone missing with Gold. Here's an idea for an improvement: go back to 9.8, which actually worked.

Both sent and incoming emails have gone missing with Gold. New Emails have migrated on their own to Old Emails. Here's an idea for an improvement: go back to 9.8, which actually worked.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

In case the problem persists, please close and reopen the software.

8. No "Mail waiting to be Sent" folder

Nio "Mail Waiting to be Sent" Folder. I compose a mail and then select "Send Later" . A window titled "Send Later" comes up. It says "Your mail has been placed in the "Drafts" folder of your mailbox. To see your outgoing mail, click "Mail Waiting to be Sent".
    I click on the "Mail Waiting to be Sent" button it takes yoiu to that mail that is in the "Drafts" folder. There is a Draft folder and that mail is in it. There is no "Mail Waiting to be Sent" folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are continually making changes to improve your experience. If Spam is bypassing the filters, marking mail as Spam or Not Spam is the best and most reliable way to bring spam under control. On the Mailbox window, on the bottom right corner you can manage your Spam Controls as well. You can “filter” incoming mail in AOL Mail to make certain emails go directly into the folders where you want them — or, to make unwanted mail from specific senders go straight into Trash or Spam.

10. ****** off customer

AOL sucks I have been a high paying customer  for 20 years , today I was on hold for 1 hr! R U kidding me with the same message ( less then 8 min remaining) no wonder you have the worst reputation on the internet! I had to finally hang up without solving my problem.

****** off customer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the long hold time you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to continually improve our user experience.

11. Please get rid of "stories" that exploit women...AOL always has articles about ...see through clothing, clothing mishaps, etc...get with it

Stop with women exploitation... how many times can / will AOL use "jaw dropping" as a lead to a story...make the stories non-******...make AOL's stories clean, so clean that our kids can enjoy AOL...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Gold needs to have a TEAM focus on the many issues it has...take 9.8 and make it better -more robust...Let Gold be the shinning star for AOL

I have sent numerous email regarding improvements for Gold...I never have received a response - specific to my suggestions....not really sure anyone reads feedbacks from AOL users...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We take every feedback seriously and share it with the concerned team. We are updating AOL Desktop Gold every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. GOLD STINKS

I AM GOING WITH 85% OF THE OTHER FOLKS IN THIS LIST....AOL GOLD STINKS. I have not had this much trouble with AOL since the first day I signed up for it in 2000. Mail - cannot open, trouble getting into the application, VERY VERY VERY SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW in response. Basically this package stinks - and if you paid a lot for it you were had. Thank you for listening but I doubt if this will do any good!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll send your thoughts to our product Team, meanwhile, please try these steps:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

15. What are all the new programs that are showing up from AOL all about? Purpose??

A lot of new programs being sent to us. What is the purpose? Perhaps and explanation or advance notice would be good. My Norton says they are safe but what are they for?? Will it help me or just more advertising for AOL? *****@AOL.COM P M*****

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Gold has enabled premium security features. You can activate them by going to the Edit Tab> Browser settings> Premium Security. Not only will AOL Desktop Gold alert you when you visit dangerous websites, its patented anti-keylogging technology will disguise your keystrokes to hackers who try to steal your personal information.

By clicking the “Learn more” hyperlink next to each of them you can learn more about the security features and functionality of AOL Desktop Gold.

16. local news contains NO local news for area code - email not operating properly - organizing favorites now time consuming - slow to connect -

listen to subscribers - make improvements that are progressive , not regressive , + user unfriendly - why have a local news on welcome screen that has NO local news but has content for areas 100 to 3000 miles from setting - go back to old method of srranging favorites - improve site + email performance - paid subscriber for over 20 years + your changes have given me not 1 reason to continue to be one

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we are continually working on enhancing this new experience. Now, favorites are alphabetized for easier access.

To make sure the email is working smoothly, please try these steps:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These…

17. Safe Central

I'm advised that Safe Central is not compatible with my version of Windows 10 Home (Version 1709, OS Build 16299.192). It makes no sense to ask a customer to subscribe to an add-on that doesn't work. As an accountant I needed this system to be up and running so as to provide comfort for my clients. Why should I subscribe on a trial basis to software that doesn't work?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest Windows 10 update caused an issue in SafeCentral which prevents you from clicking inside the software. The SafeCentral developers are working on a new version of the software to resolve this issue, but unfortunately we do not have a release date at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any questions about your subscription for SafeCentral, please give us a call at 866-485-9217.

18. AOL Gold is NOT as good as the Recent AOL for Windows.

AOL Gold does not "Refesh" the email when you Click "New",
    the OLD AOL did!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Much of what you know and love about the AOL Desktop software is still in the latest AOL Desktop, but just simpler and faster.

We’ve built the latest AOL Desktop to be optimized for the speed of broadband internet. We’ve streamlined the download and installing process and have taken the stress out of updating your AOL Desktop software. Updates to your software now happen automatically in the background, leaving you with an uninterrupted, connected experience.

We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback of what features you would like to see implemented.

20. PASSWORD

LET ME WARN U.........I SEND OUT MAYBE 10 E-MAILS A DAY TO FRIENDS & U ASK ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD TWICE A WEEK " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ABOUT I SUE U ALL FOR "HARASSMENT" ????????????? IS THAT GOING TO MAKE U FEEL BETTER U WORTHLESS WANNA BE TECHS ???????????? I HAVE BEEN WITH AOL 30 YEARS NOW & KNOW MORE THEN U EVER WILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL CONTACT VERIZON ALSO

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base