Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1418 results found

1. Account changes

why can't I change the master name on the account. Husband died, I am paying all the bills.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Error:Sender address rejected: not owned by user. I get this error when trying to set up our billing program to send automatic e-mail.

Trying to set up our billing program (CUSI) to send automatic e-mail responses. We've had CUSI installed on our computer for 3+ years and now are trying to set up the e-mail function.

We provided CUSI with our AOL account credentials to allow AOL to send the automatic e-mail's. The billing program can log into AOL, we don't have an issue until the e-mail is trying to send. We get an error message as follows:

Sender address rejected: not owned by user
    Failed when sending MAIL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to have one of our technicians assist you with this. Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

3. I am tired of having to report the need to fix Chat rooms everyday

Will you please get the chat room fixed.. I am tired of having to report a bug every day. We should be able to see the Chat room listings, who is in the chat and then enter the chat and not have to go back and try again and again and again.. Please get your Tech to Fix this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please set a default email signature in AOL Desktop Gold:

1. Click the Mail menu at the top of the window.
    2. Click Set Mail Signatures.
    3. Select the signature you want to set as the default signature.
    4. Click Default On/Off. A blue check mark appears next to the signature name.

Regarding the Favorites issue please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this.

5. Problems with AOL Gold: it switches Tech Fortress to "install", no Download Manager. More to follow.

RETURN LOST FEATURES! Problems with AOL Gold: it switches Tech Fortress to "install", no Download Manager, in ALL previous version multiple attached files were received as a zipped folder instead of individual files.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to us, we will send this to our Product Engineers and they will look into this to see if they can have it fixed in a future update or release of the software.

Regarding the Tech Fortress issue please call us at 1-800-827-6364 in order to have one of our technicians investigate the problem.

6. To truly improve my AOL Deaktop Gold experience, return to any previous version, This one stinks! Error messages are compounding.

Its bad enough to get an error 355 message repeatedly, but now I'm getting 'mail not sent because of an error'. No explanation how to fix it, what the error is, just an error. I'm waiting 3 to 5 minutes for that error to pop up, then I try again, wait again and there is the message again. The mail has not been sent. This version is getting worse instead of better. We have other things to do online than to wait 10 minutes to send one email. This is horrible. And you have the nerve to charge us for…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Write new software and throw Gold into the ocean. Still having problem with the software not uploading/sending emails. Gives "try again in 5

Return to old software and abandon Gold. It is terrible. Doesn't give or send email quite often. Gives "try again in 5 minutes" warnings. Also deletes my signature quite often and I have to re type it. Really awful, and they make us pay for this pain. Looking at Gmail.com.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why am I paying for this garbage email service?

Why am I paying for this garbage email service?
    I can't watch any video through AOL. I have to go through Chrome or Exployer to watch video. I can't see half of my emails. I can't click on any hyperlinks. AOL sucks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ebay.com will not load

about a week ago i tried to go to Ebay.com but would not load and has been that way since. error: too many redirects..

i can use internet explorer and not a problem loading but AOL will not load

what is the problem???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make easy fix for users moving bace to windows 7 from win 10. Lost all my mail folders, my backup did not restore these items.

make easy fix for users moving back to windows 7 from win 10. AOL program can't be located to find organize folder. My backup didn't replace program or information.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What's with the icons in the toolbar that I keep removing and come back at next startup?

I keep removing these pointless icons I never use, but start AOL "MOLD", and they just keep coming back. How do you get rid of them PERMANENTLY ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need help

A couple of the groups in my address book will not come up. This is the second time this has happened. What is causing this.
    Please forward to the appropriate department.
    thank you
    Jim ****
    ****@aol.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I get up every morning and sign on immediately to make sure nothing else is screwed up.

I get up every morning and sign on immediately with my fingers crossed--- even before making coffee--- to make sure nothing else was screwed up. It seems that several times a week I discover that something else went bad. Yesterday I found that there are TWO AOL programs listed in Task Manager. It's not enough that this AOL GOLD is so heavy that it is eating up the resources on my hard drive?? A few days before that I found that my settings to comment on news articles were suddenly grayed out. Other things have gone bad. Many other things.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Icon on toll bar not showing for Citi bank and Radio Bonheur after choosing o

Icon on toll bar not showing for Citi bank and Radio Bonheur after choosing option on save to tool bar.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Every time I edit a comment it disappears!

Every single time I edit my comments on the website, usually for just a spelling error, the whole comment DISAPPEARS, permanently. I can't even access my profile, or even see the comment when I access my Username.! NOTHING WORKS RIGHT ON GOLD. IT STINKS! GO BACK TO THE OLD AOL!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I suddenly have 2 AOL logos in my tray, and 2 aol.desktop.exe*32 programs in Task Manager.

In Task manager at sign on, I see one AOL program running at 112,128.... and the 2nd one running at 10,336.

This had to happen with your last Beta download. Please fix this. As it is, AOL takes up an enormous amount of space of my hard drive. Don't tell me to clear my browser. I did that many times since I noticed this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Am I 100% AOL GOLD

I have been an AOL member for over 20 years. I am now 71 years old. I want to make sure I am 100% AOL GOLD. Thank you for helping me.I want to make sure I am secure and that all things are working for me. I have a Hewitt Packard computer. Please send me an email. my email is ****@aol.com. I trust AOL and that's why I have stayed with you. Thank you so much. Mary Coward

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GO BACK TO THE OLD AOL EVERYTIME I REPLY TO AN EMAIL I GET BOTH EMAILS BACK AS SEPERATE EMAILS

You have had more than enough time to fix all the problems, but you DO NOT listen to the consumer. When I sign on certain accounts it like there is 2 programs running.Also when I reply to an email it comes back as the original and as many times as I reply.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base