Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. Up-date AOL Gold?? to be compatible with Southwest airlines website--

Again--up-date AOL Gold??(yeah right) to be compatible with the Southwest airlines website--they keep showing an "error" message when searching for fares--SWA will work when I use Google Chrome instead!! What does that tell AOL???

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

2. Emails with no @ ?

I keep getting emails no @ just letters no emails address can't aol just not accept them?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this. To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

4. oath

i have a chrage for 5.29 from oath products is that aol

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. whenever I search for emails coming from c- , the only emails that I can obtain are one's that I have sent, not received

whenever I search in AOL Gold for emails, I can only obtain sent (TO) emails, not received emails. I can do both when accessing AOL through another browser.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Make sure you select the correct folder when you use the search option. When you search for an email, the program will use the folder you’re in at the moment.

6. Improve AOL atrocious HELP service --- it is next to non-existent

Why does AOL continue to ***** around with my sign on using either of my addresses. Now I can sign on to *******@aol.com. I am told that the account I've had for more than 10 years doesn't exist.k & why am I taking this approach to say that -- because the HELP page doesn't respond. That there is the problem that on several sites i must use, I can't because AOL can't hand them or do things needs to use that site. I've about had it --- How;s tat for and idea.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your account becomes inactive for 12 months or more, the account will be deactivated. Find out more here: https://help.aol.com/articles/my-account-was-deleted

If you need information about your account status, please contact our AOL Customer Support team at 1-800-300-5017 Monday – Friday (8 AM – 1 AM ET,) and Saturday (8 AM – 10 PM ET.)

7. Email webpage

Back in the day you could email a webpage just by hitting an envelope icon. Bring that back!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are looking to send a webpage in an email click on the heart icon and select Insert in mail from the menu.

8. Need to 'download' aol for my laptop. New windows 10 operating system.

I need to "DOWNLOAD' the APPLICATION. The exe file.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

10. Technical Support

Why can't I talk to someone that speaks "REAL ENGLISH" and can understand my issue??????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

11. FIX ADS COVERING THE "PEOPLE HERE" LIST IN CHATROOMS

Please either fix the ads so they don't cover up the "People Here" list and "Notify AOL" button or please stop the ads. This is extremely annoying. At times the ads work their way up to nearly covering up the entire "People Here" list. The only way to fix it when it does this is to exit and re-enter the chatroom.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing.

To do that, please follow these steps:

12. Trouble Deleting Emails

Lately, when I click on an advertising email in order to delete it, the email tends to open up. Is this intentional on aol's part in order to increase clicks? I find it annoying and a waste of my time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AOL not saving passwords to access websites

AOL will not save user names and passwords I use to access websites, so I have to type the information is each time I want to open a site, such as my bank. How can I fix that?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please go to the Settings icon on the toolbar → Browser → Passwords → check ‘Offer to save passwords I enter on the web’ (changes are saved automatically).

14. More issues with ads

When an email won't open for 2 or 3 minutes its a problem for me. When it won't open because the ******* ads aren't loaded first on the margin of the email thats really a problem for me. Its happening more and more. My computer freezes up because the ads aren't loaded, I can't do anything but hard crash my computer or use control alt delete and restart the whole **** machine. I can leave aol open, go play a game and come back and its still frozen, I have to restart to be able to write an email. Its…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues.

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications.

In case you continue to experience performance issues, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

15. Complaint

Complaint - Case # 11193105 Unable to access my bank (efirstbank) thru AOL. Worked with online staff and they determined this is a known issue and will be handled with next AOL update. Been a customer with AOL for over 20 years and disappointed with outcome which is just to keep checking and wait for a resolution. Sincerely ** Dolsby

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

16. Would like to see my mail bigger, my folders smaller & no adds on the right.

Would like folders smaller, e-mails bigger & not see ads on the right

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why do we have to lose our stock portfolios we set up on AOL and move them to Yahoo? AOL is my IP and that's where I want them.

Why do we have to lose our stock portfolios we set up on AOL and move them to Yahoo? AOL is my IP and that's where I want them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good overview of Yahoo Finance in general: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web/started-yahoo-finance-sln3642.html?impressions=true

This one is a brief overview of some of the features that portfolios offer: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web/track-investments-watch-portfolios-sln7034.html?impressions=true

Here you find out how to Migrate your portfolio to Yahoo Portfolios:
    https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-portfolios-will-be-discontinued

18. PUTTING AOL MAIL IN SPAM FOLDER

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH "AOL" NOW ?????? WHY ARE U PUTTING MY "AOL" MAIL IN THE "SPAM FOLDER" ???????? ARE YOU ALL GOING CRAZY AGAIN ????????????????????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future. Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

19. 2414 Aol Gold lock up "not responding"

You keep closing BUT NOT FIXING this BUG ..
    Then tell us to call the hired garbage pickers to fix it? Give us YOUR phone number where a developer answers and explains WHY they can't fix this issue

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AOL Log in issue

Whenever we travel to Scotland, I am always having an issue with my
    Password and a lot of changes is happening on my account last week of August. It's very inconvenient. Please get a fix on this as soon as possible for us to stay longer on AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your IP address is your location online and each session should start with the same few sets of numbers. Click any recent activity entry to view its IP address as well as the date and time it was collected. If one is drastically different from the others, remove it and change your password. Be aware that there are some legitimate reasons why your history can show unfamiliar locations, such as your mobile or AOL Gold software detecting the wrong location or Internet provider using a proxy server.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base