Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1414 results found

1. aol challenge???

Has anyone been given a new Password by AOL and asked to not use your email for 24 hours in order to fix a problem unable to send emails due to an AOL message saying you must go to a AOL challenge page to complete a challenge? I find this highly suspicious. Want to know if this happened to anyone else.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've been with you folks for 21 years and this is the worse mess I've EVER SEEN of improvement!

Before you cram this Desktop Gold down our throats, you should use yourself's as Gini Pigs!!!!!!!! It's time too drain the swamp, I keep putting a mail signature in and y'all keep removing it, y'all are so laughable it isn't funny anymore.... You want to hear the biggest JOKE, when I put my e-mail address in below it says it is invalid, so that tells me this is going to an outside firm to weed out all the complaints...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

3. it takes a longer than usual time for emails with an attachment to be sent

Graphics pasted into the write mail are no longer are visible when the email is sent. All you get are empty boxes. This is not good.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

4. I tried to reset my password and now I cannot get into the program. How do I get help with this problem?

I tried to reset my password and now I cannot get into the program. How do I get help with this problem? Using my sbcglobal.net link as I cannot get into AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. signatures for email

WHAT THE ****HAPPENED? I had two signatures for emails and now they are gone. It won't let me make new ones. Why has this changed???? To begin with I could only make two signatures. Now they have disappeared!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

6. Problems loading and opening AOL Games

Called AOL and they said Gold is the problem

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unbelievable how you give nonsense replies and then close postings

I said I am getting broken images in order confirmations for things I buy online. Your reply was "Please make sure you have the “Hide images and disable links in mail from unknown senders” setting unchecked. You can find the setting in Mail—>Mail Settings—>Mail section.... and then you closed my post so I could not reply.

OF COURSE I do not have disable links and images from unknown senders checked off. I get emails daily from strangers with images in them that are fine. WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT FOR MY REPLY BEFORE CLOSING MY POST?? There is no help here.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when I have read mail open the loading of what every never stops it continues to make a sound have you had this problem reported before

I would say look into the loading sound and have it stopped it would drive one crazy I would just like to know why it continue loading for hours

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve AOL Gold

If AOL Gold continues to make obtaining and especially printing off my email this difficult I am cancelling my subscription.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Yes I agree with so many others. Aol gold is terrible, much worse and error prone than the old aol. Can't send files, etc!!!

Yes I agree with so many others. Aol gold is terrible, much worse and error prone than the old aol. Can't send files, pictures, even though they have little data, ect, etc, etc!!! Only sometimes they are sent but always says mailer-demon not sent anyway, etc. My suggestion is to dump old aol and go to gmail, free, no spam, fast, no internet net neutrality limits like aol must be doing. Superspyware of aol creats conflicts and more problems.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Got booted and Can't Sign On Again

Alright AOL.......I was working online and got booted. Tried to sign on again and program refused to open...under any of my s/n!!!! Never had this problem before......this just adds to the long list of things I hate about this new program.....it has so many errors and faults..... Did I mention that I am a paying user???? Sure wish you would find someone to fix it and add back the many things you took away from the members!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

14. I am not getting all the emails sent to me

I am not getting all the emails sent to me. Please fix this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our Technicians can help you with this. Please call at 1-888-265-3733.Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

16. AOL Gold is Awful!

I have been using Gold for a while now because we don't have any choice in the matter. It is terrible. Email is a constant headache.
    Writing an email is beyond bad as it wants to throw in spaces where they don't belong and it does not allow you to respond to sections of an email with your own font. It just does what the heck it wants whenever it wants. Also, the desktop shortcut has disappeared several times. I cannot believe how bad this is. Please, AOL, fix the problems with 9.8.2 that were never fixed and bring it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FIX IT!

There I am already signed on using gold when all of a sudden I hear, "Goodbye", and the message "Error retrieving Account Info Please Try Again." pops up! You had my account information that's why i was signed on...how the .............did you lose and kick me off? I know, I know, you'll merge this with other stuff. instead of doing that all the time, try fixing why it happens and when you do fix something,, yea right, how about you let us know if that isn't too much trouble. $17+ a month for aggravation! Going to stop very shortly and…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pictures not posting..

Are you kidding me!!! For the past several day when I go to post a picture on facebook I get this error message!
    Oops
    Something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. You may be able to try again later. Really what's later!!

You're not working on any of it!! That's why we still have all these nightmare issues!!

This is insane. From one thing to another. AOL keeps changing everything up. Now when you send an email it's set up differently.
    You can't even get the bugs worked out of all the other…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mouse Buttons still do not work in Gold.

Mouse Forward/Backward Buttons still do not work in Gold. Please fix.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base