Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1414 results found

1. Highlighting a word in email is not working

I can neither highlight a word or sentence or change font colors while writing an email. I also can't change the font color if I forward an email from one screen name to another. For example one of my screen names I use a pink font color, in another I use blue. If I forward email to another screen name I can't change the font color. I can't highlight any of the text. I reported this before and was advised to clean my footprints, well thats **** because it didn't work either, nor should I have to clear footprints just…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate the issue you’ve reported. Please reach our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How about getting the bugs out of it?

One of many bugs in AOL Gold is emails I write and try to save to the Drafts folder take a minute or more to arrive there, and even when they finally do, they don't close, even if I then send the email. Instead, the Buttons to Send or Save as a draft buttons become active again, allowing me to save the email in the Drafts folder AGAIN. Meanwhile, the email I just sent, or thought I did, and which had disappeared from the Drafts folder, reappears, so that I will have TWO copies of the same email in the…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Support Request  ·  Miha responded

We are unable to replicate this issue and we would like to have an expert dig more into this. Please call 1-888-265-3733.

4. Go back to 9.8, Gold is for the pitts.

Can not open e-mails. Go back to 9.8.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our technicians to check if they can help you out. Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at the number 1-888-265-3733

5. I have never had trouble sending e mails untill GOLD I sure wish you would fix this

I am having continuous problems with e mails fix tour GOLD!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our technicians to investigate the cause of this issue. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

7. Chat room error

Chat room error. Had not posted anything. Hand not clicked on anything. Was booted out of the chat room with the following error: Failed to load URL http://162.243.172.9/msg/?c5a7f7e1e3a077d0ftfn1d5a7f7e1ea0b8=(866)%20282-6981 with error ERRCONNECTIONRESET (ConnectionReset),

This is typical of the kinds of problems we see in Gold. Please give us back 9.8.2... at least it worked.

A good saying to live by: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."
    That is what AOL should have done before they started the gold project. It isn't like it is cutting edge technology. It still looks like the same old AOL except that it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our technicians to check if they can help you out. Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at the number 1-888-265-3733

8. Fix the program. Every single day it gets worse. I've had Gold since 10-2-17, why is this taking so long?

I've been more than patient. It's been four months since I was FORCED to get this substandard program. Why can't you fix it? My email disappeared...AGAIN.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PUT AOL "BLUE" BACK IN SERVICE !!!!

Your ADDRESS BOOK is BROKE - since YOU BROKE IT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO "FIX" IT-That is an important part of my business!! Address will NOT stay in the ADDRESS BOOK - However they WILL delete themselves - they are there in the AM and GONE later in the day - This morning my ENTIRE ADDRESS BOOK WAS GONE< WHITE PAGES< NO NAMES< NO ADDERSSES - VIEW MY RECORD!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

10. Bring back some of the older features.

I can no longer talk to my friend through instant messenger. She cannot use FACEBOOK and I have not been able to communicate with her via the internet for about three months now.

I cannot fix photos through AOL and I was once able to do that.

Also, I am not able to enlarge my font unless I do it manually for every email I write. I have some vision problems and having ONE font for everything was very helpful but I am no longer able to do that.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To set a font for mail composing follow these steps: Mail > Mail Settings > “Font and Text” tab > Under Write Mail set the font size and type you would like to use. Changes are saved automatically.

In case the issue persists, and for the Facebook problems you are experiencing through the AOL Desktop Gold, please call the dedicated Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our Technicians assist you.

11. I'm scanning my emails have my cursor on an email and then I hear a "click" and then my cursor isn't on ANYTHING,

I've deleted emails and then they appear again. I'm reading the subjects and the screen blinks. I'm paying for this and it stinks!
    Screen constantly flashing I'm in the middle of something and I have to start over because it flashes - What is all the CLICKING about!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be really great if our email actually worked. It's nothing but a struggle.

Why can't you people fix the email? How long do you expect us to wait. I want to scream and cuss at you. THIS IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Still getting Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server

When I go to AOL Games.com I'm still getting
    Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

14. Fix the AOL Gold program so that it loads out faster. The new Desktop is touted as being faster, but it takes forever to load out.

Doing the steps listed in a previous post about the new AOL Gold being slower is not the answer. The old AOL Desktop never had issues loading out and one didn't have to do the steps listed below. It's the normal 'canned' response of developers to put the problem(s) back on the user(s).

The problem is more than likely within the programming of the new software. I feel paying for something that is slower than the previous version is unacceptable.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try the following steps:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If the problem persists call us at 1-888-265-3733.

15. FIX THE EMAIL SYSTEM

after reading a new email and marking it unread the email will sometimes go in the old email folder. I mark it unread to go back to new it goes into new then I check old folder and it's back in the old folder. I can go back and forth with this all day trying to keep an email new. Very frustrating. I have had tech support at least 3 times now with no fix. Hate the GOLD/CAN'T TRUST IT

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. STILL infested with the "Microsoft Support" SCAMMER'S malware

Are you people just TOTALLY CLUELESS ?????????????? Apparently SO !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. don't lose my email addresses

called your help line and stated that I was losing email addresses both in my "all contacts" and in some "groups" Agent from Romania was helpful and stated that you know about the problem and doesn't know when it will be resolved

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate this. I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

20. Oops! Sorry, we cannot process your request at this moment. Please try again later

Oops!
    Sorry, we cannot process your request at this moment. Please try again later. One can never verify an alternate email. AOL Gold Premium needs new code

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base