AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting of Emails

Emails saved in "On AOL" folders can be sorted, BUT certain combinations of letters are never found!
    I.E. I have user with 'cz' in the ID.. Not found.
    I look for 'unknown' ... not found

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ARE YO AWARE THAT AOL GOLD EDIT HARDLY FUNCTIONS?

ARE YO AWARE THAT AOL GOLD EDIT HARDLY FUNCTIONS?
    1) UNDO DOESN'T DO ANYTHING

2) COPY PASTE INTO A FORM DOESN'T WORK, UNLESS YOU REVERT TO PLAIN TEXT, THAN PASTE AOL GOLD IS ARCHAIC. FORMATTING IS BLOCKING PASTE

3) SPELL CHECK HANGS WORKS 50% OF TIME, & IT HAS A VERY POORWORD SELECTION IT DOESNT RECOGNSZE MANY MISSPELLS..
    4) THE EMAIL PAGE DOES NOT REDUCE IN WIDTH, TO BE ABLE DO SIDE BY SIDE REPORTS (YES I KNOW HOW TO REDUCE WINDOWS, AOL GOLD EMAIL PAGE DOES NOT REDUCE)

5) THE EMAIL HANGS &TAKES 2-5 MINUTES MANY TIMES TO…

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BB

S U G G E S T I O N:
    1.)  AOL GOLD DEVELOPER TEAM SHOULD HIRE SEVERAL "EXPERIENCED AOL USERS,= PEOPLE WHO USE AOL EXTENSIVELY.

2.)  USE OLD AOL 9.8 SO USERS CAN EXPLAIN & "SHOW" IMPORTANT USERS FEATURES TO USERS.

3.)  IF THEY DO NOT DO THAT, MOST VALUABLE PART OF AOL "THE USERS" WILL BE GONE IN 1 YEAR. AND ONCE PEOPLE LEAVE THEY DON'T COME BACK. I HAVE A LONG LIST OF MISSING ITEMS. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP. I DESIGNED NUMBER OF WEBSITES AND INSTRUCTED DEVELOPERS IN CHINA WHAT I NEEDED IT WAS ALL…

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Gold version doesn't bring over old PFC's properly and your techs know it, Address this fast as an imperative!

Gold can not bring over old PFC's in an orderly fashion.. Everyone's hard work to have an organized PFC has been destroyed by it coming over in an alphabetized fashion. If it would have to come over AS IS and then perhaps, give the option for some to have the option to elect alphabetized, would be respectful and optimal. I estimate at least 40 hours will be required *** around around to try to get it back in a semblance of order, so we can use it properly. This need to be acknowledged, and an effective solution with an expected…

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Yellow highliter on email does not work.

Yellow highliter on email does not work.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. browser window tabs dont allow multi tasking

make the tab window of the browser that you have open stay open. now if u have multiple browser tabs open and one is in the process of loading info, it keeps popping to the top, bumping you our of the window you are currently working in, not allowing you to continue working in another tab.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Soozy and I just spent about 45 minutes sending mail back and forth from our various screen names .. on 11 and on web mail .... as S

Steve,

Soozy and I just spent about 45 minutes sending mail back and forth from our various screen names .. on 11 and on web mail .... as Soozy said. it ain't easy and I agree.

Trying to check if there is incoming new mail on other SNs is a royal ***.  We have to sign out/sign back in under other SNs.   On 9.8 checking mail on 5 SNs was a breeze:  click on Switch SNs and it would show if you have mail to read AND THEN you could switch or cancel and stay on your usual SN.…

104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find in Top Window

An often used function in 'edit' (top row) is still in Gold --
    BUT It doesn't allow me to give it *WHAT TO Search for!!***

Please add the 'search for' box ..

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New features should allow customers to defeat or opt out

Whenever you add a new feature such as Tab Browsing, provide a means for the customer to disable it if they so desire.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make link colors adjustable

On the Welcome screen, the primary news article link is in BOLD BLACK print. On the secondary news articles, the links are in a LIGHT BLUE font which I find hard to read against the white background. Please consider making the link colors adjustable.

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Downloading in AOL 11 needs some tweaking

I ran into a few glitches in downloading a file in 11 that should replace an existing Excel file in a folder with several files.

Downloading a file to replace an existing file in 11 doesn't have the option of replacing the existing file nor does it open a folder that has several files including the file to to be replaced.

Specifically -- Downloading an Excel file that should replace an existing Excel file in a folder with 'related' files (in this case a membership data base file, a dues paid file, etc.).

1) email received with the updated membership…

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Right-Click "Copy Image Address & Save Image As"

In Chrome a user is able to right click a web image and select " copy image address" or "save image as" among a few others .. this doesn't work in AOL Beta ....

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

We have save image as available when the image on the page is added as an image. More and more pages are being rendered in ways where not all things that look like images are loaded as images limiting our ability to offer it on every photo on every page/site.

We are leaving your idea open for the Copy Image Address portion of the idea as we do not currently offer that.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

14. Enable "Show UNREAD" emails in Spam

You show the COUNT of UNREAD SPAM emails, why not ability to SHOW them too?
    If Thunderbird can do it, why can't AOL?

I let many 'newsletters' go to spam, keeps the inbox for those real people I converse with.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poor canges to the favorite button

The favorite is so mall and often blocked by other windows. Restore to how it worked in (.7

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Only the address used to go in. Now their name and address goes in.

I think it is only in the top row. used to be only the address went into the address place, now your name and address both go in. Also I change the font for mail and it goes back to the one it was in the next e mail. Then again, the find used to find a search word in the webpage you were looking at .... not any more.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Gold, the ability to elect to defeat Tab Browsing completely, needs to be restored!

Tab Browsing is a very serious detriment to the way we do research! It also needlessly occupies about a half inch of valuable vertical space on our screen. Whenever a new feature is added, AOL should design the option to defeat it if undesirable to the customer. It is disrespectful to do otherwise and it just be comes clutter. This alone is the greatest deterrent to retaining our business!

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the browser extension like the outdated browser in 9.8.2..

Let the user be able to share especially to Facebook the webpage. The one was the best features of the older desktop.

104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Print preview in Firefox is much more user option friendly that Gold's print preview. can you make it more like Firefox's?

Print preview in Firefox is much more user option friendly that Gold's current print preview functionality. can you make it more like Firefox's?

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base