Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. PayPal not working with AOL. Transactions do not complete.

PayPal does not work/complete transactions with AOL browser. Switched to EDGE and PayPal works fine. Need to fix AOL

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for reporting this. We’ll make sure it gets to the appropriate team for review but we would recommend reporting it yourself as well to our engineers. Click on help on the top right corner and select report bug from the drop-down menu. Thank you.

2. Manage mail listings better.

Please fix the jumble where mail is listed. I am IT professional. You can do better. There is no way to correct the jumble except to exit AOL and restart. Crude programming.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing . To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

3. Technical Support

Why can't I talk to someone that speaks "REAL ENGLISH" and can understand my issue??????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

4. FIX ADS COVERING THE "PEOPLE HERE" LIST IN CHATROOMS

Please either fix the ads so they don't cover up the "People Here" list and "Notify AOL" button or please stop the ads. This is extremely annoying. At times the ads work their way up to nearly covering up the entire "People Here" list. The only way to fix it when it does this is to exit and re-enter the chatroom.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing.

To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

5. Complaint

Complaint - Case # 11193105 Unable to access my bank (efirstbank) thru AOL. Worked with online staff and they determined this is a known issue and will be handled with next AOL update. Been a customer with AOL for over 20 years and disappointed with outcome which is just to keep checking and wait for a resolution. Sincerely ** Dolsby

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

6. Staff training: efficient customer SERVICE focus

Your online how to change password instructions are incorrect (No Account Security page/link-- it goes to Log In screen, without Change Password option).

I called for assistance, Tina asked more than 6 verification questions without starting pw change. I asked her to focus on resetting my password but she said more 'verification" was needed. When I did not have the last 4 digits of my credit card payment handy, she said I didn't know the answers so she couldn't reset the password. I said I answered more than 6 questions already and spent 30+ minutes trying to update my pw,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

7. Spell Checker

if you could possible disable the settings for spell checker option.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. aol desktop gold chat room

aol desktop gold chat room

I would like the font enlarged in chat settings

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL is an email service provider not an internet, cable or phone service provider. We recommend contacting your internet service provider for such issues.

10. Gold is Fool's Gold

Gold is Fool's Gold --- if you don't have a current "AOL" backup from Gold and you lose your system, you are screwed. Gold is tied to the system it is installed on and NOTHING can be recovered without signing on to your system that is now trashed.

That is total ******** !!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can create a back-up of your personal data file, by using the Export feature in AOL Desktop Gold, and restore the back-up using the Import feature.

The back-up created with the Export feature, can be stored on an external storage device, and moved to another device. To learn more about the Import and Export features, check the section titled ‘Export and import mail and personal data in Desktop Gold’ from the following article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information (edited)

11. Tech support and the attitude that they have and just hang up on you when they cannot figure out how to fix a problem

Having a problem with the Masque Texas Holdem poker game loading and the tech that was working ( KEN)with me to try and find out why the game was intermittent and sometimes load and others wouldn't and after messing with it for about 45 minutes and he couldn't figure out what the problem your TECH KEN HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME AND WE COULDN'T GET THE PROBLEM FIXED AND THIS IS THE MESSAGE I HAVE FOR YOU: IF THIS IS THE WAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO BUSINESS IN A WAY I AM GLAD FOR YOU THAT YOU…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

12. What?

What is with the new stupid message "Expand your browser to view"? What the **** does that mean?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. why am i not getting discussion i pay aol a monthly fee and i am unhappy with you screwing with my account

i am not receiving discussion at the end of story..i am paying monthly aol,i have assist plus other programs..i am not happy with the change you are making..get the old aol back..this new version is horrible

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please clear the Footprints in the AOL Desktop Gold. Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

14. I am paying for AOL tech support and nobdy anser the phone!!

i have trying since 7 AM calling for my paid service. No one is answering the phone . It is now 3 PM
    Total rip-off

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

15. Rude Techs

Tired of rude techs that disconnect or are unprepared. AOL help started as wonderful. Now it is a service that I discontinued years ago due to both rudeness and incompetence.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AOL DataMask

After uninstalling and reinstalling Data Mask correctly the datamask box is showing the garbled letter but when we restart the computer, its not gonna show the garbled letters anymore.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our engineers are aware of an issue preventing the anti-keylogging window from appearing when using both Data Mask and AOL Desktop Gold, and are currently working on a fix. Although the window does not appear, the anti-keylogging feature is still functioning in the background, so your keystrokes cannot be recorded by malware software.

17. Please let us know when you make updates.

Please let us know when you make updates to AOL Gold and what they are. Also, it feels as if there is no response to these Feedback comments and requests. Just silence. Like talking to the wall.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop printing all of GEORG1 thousands of words of nonsense every day

Stop printing the unending thousands of words of garbage by GEORG1 every day. What is the matter with all of you???? His nonsense has nothing to do with the topics being discussed. What is going on there. Also, second item: What's with the recent problem that when I type the text before my sending name it won't accept it and puts the letters of my name in the text vs name area? Please respond to both of these issues.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow the instructions below to report a comment:

1. Sign in.
    2. Hover over the right side of the comment.
    3. Click the drop-down arrow, then choose Report.

The message is now flagged and hidden for you.

Your nickname should automatically appear in the comment section, so you can immediately type your comment. If this is not the case, please follow the steps from the article below to clear the browser footprints, then reload the news article:

https://help.aol.com/articles/using-the-web-in-aol-desktop-gold

19. radio button missing on address book

radio button is missing when trying to edit contacts from the address book.
    please put back the radio button to correct all email address's in my adress book .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The radio button has been removed from the Address Card view. The ‘Primary E-Mail’ field will be the main email address that will show in your Address Book.

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our technicians investigate this. Thank you.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base