Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

96 results found

1. Notice about Payment

I got a popup saying my method of payment needs to be updated. I went to Help and selected "My Account" and it will not open. That infamous little circle just keeps turning and My Account never comes up, Once again Gold is woefully screwed up. How do I find out if I actually do need to update my payment method? If I do, how do I get to my account? Obviously I'm paying for a service that doesn't work properly.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Product Support responded

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

This issue should now be resolved. Please log out of the AOL Desktop Gold and log back in.

Thank you for your understanding.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion. This feature is now available on the Files Only view. When in Mail Read, select Files Only from the drop down that is defaulted to Mail in the middle of the top bar. Then click on a message to highlight it and right click to select interactive preview.

Thank You!
    Desktop Gold Support

3. larger font for mailbox

Larger font size for the mailbox, listing new mail. It used to be larger before but it seems that after the update and it gives me option to select small, medium and large. Upon selecting large, still its to small of a font size for me. I cant read my email on mail box. Please add XL or XXL font selection.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to change the font size in your mailbox is now available.

You can now choose between four font sizes, small, medium, large and extra large. To change the font size, first open your mailbox by clicking on the ‘Read’ button on the top left, then go to ‘Mailbox Options’ on the top right, and select your desired font size from the ‘Text size’ category.

In case you do not see the Text Size option, you will need to update the AOL Desktop Gold to the latest revision. To do that, click on the Help menu on the top, select ‘Check for Updates’, and after 10-15 minutes close and re-open the software.

4. Manage My Account

I got a pop-up upon signing onto AOL Gold. It said something about my account needing to be updated. When I go to Help and click on My Account, nothing opens. How do I check my account and billing information?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Windows OS - Alt Key Numeric Codes have stopped filling in email composition field.

Windows OS - Alt Key Numeric Codes have stopped filling in email composition field.

I frequently use the Alt Key Code characters to impart a thought when corresponding with peers via email.
    Currently after moving the cursor to the text composition field and pressing the 'Left ALT' key the cursor disappears after the three digit numerical code is applied.
    I do find that now when the 'Left ALT' key is depressed along with an alpha character that is the first character in the AOL drop down options at the top pf the desktop it opens the corresponding title.
    I have…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. why can i not get intothe chat rooooms

fix the problem be like this for aq while

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The service is not worth paying for! The portfolio is so inconsistent and no longer works with my cellphone!Will this ever be fixed?

Fix the Portfolios on the Finance page!! It has not worked with cell phone in a long time at least 6-9 months, what give?:

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Finance: finance is not working

finance: finance is not working

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change back to the old filing system where sent e-mail stored in the on-line mail folders shows the recipient's e-mail address, not sender's

Change back to the old filing system where sent e-mail stored in the on-line mail folders shows the recipient's e-mail address, not sender's

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Grammar

I've noticed here and in other places over the months that no one seems to have any recollection of the verb "take, took, taken." The only one they use is the verb "bring." Simply put, if the object is coming to where the speaker is/will be, the verb "bring" is used. If the object is going away from where the speaker is, "take" is used.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Import the v9.8.2 PFC organize folder into AOL Gold

Please provide an option to import the v9.8.2 Personal Filing Cabinet organize folder into AOL Gold. Many of us have old email pertaining to the v9.8.2 PFC organize folder that is on a flash drive. There are many of us who need to read our old v9.8.2 email.
    Here is a similar topic with lots of additional comments
    https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/908090-aol-desktop-gold/suggestions/34971304-comment-2-how-to-read-very-old-emails-using-aol

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to import a personal filing cabinet (PFC) file from an older version of the AOL Desktop, into the AOL Desktop Gold, is now available. Before following the steps below, make sure your AOL Desktop Gold is up to date.

Go to the Help menu on the top right, select ‘About AOL’ from the drop-down menu, and make sure you have the 11.0.2102 Revision. In case you have a lower revision, click ‘Check for Updates’ from the Help menu, and after 15-20 minutes close and reopen the AOL Desktop Gold.

The ‘PFC Import’ feature allows you manually navigate to a PFC file on your computer and import data from that file. To use this new feature follow these steps:

1. Sign in to AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click the Settings icon.
    3. While in the General settings, click the ‘My Data’ tab.
    4. Click ‘…

12. Stop disconnecting the Calendar when I am still logged into AOL. Fix the Calendar Alert problem that has failed on May 1, 2018

Stop telling me the Calendar alert problem is a known problem since May 1, 2018 and it may get fixed sometime this year or perhaps this decade or perhaps this century or perhaps never.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cannot sign into paypal says browser needs update. Reported 2 weeks ago. Still doesnt work. PLEASE FIX

I pay for aol gold. 2 weeks ago when signing into paypal I now get message saying browser needs update. I called aol 2 weeks ago & said problem will be fixed. WHEN?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue has been resolved in our latest update. To check if you received the latest update, open the AOL Desktop Gold, click on the ‘Help’ menu (top right), select ‘About AOL‘ from the drop-down menu, and verify if you have the Revision 11.0.2084.

In case you have a lower revision number, click on the ‘Help’ menu (top right), select ‘Check for updates’ from the drop-down menu, and after 10-15 minutes close and reopen the software in order for the update to be applied.

14. Major Outage 6 Nov 2018

No one could sign on to AOL for many hours on 6 Nov 2018. Various outside sites reported that it was in vast areas of the U.S. and later people from around the world were saying the same ting. This isn't the first such outage and we need to know what happened and if these major break downs will persist!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Okay, day 1, can't get my mail. Day 2, can't access my portfolio. Wash and repeat

Day 1, no e-mail. Day 2, no portfolio. Wash and repeat. Are you ever going to get this right?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can't get my mail. Fix it please

Can't get my mail again

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore the old spam settings. Now we only have one setting.

First you took away stationery and vast choice of fonts, emojis, etc. Then you changed how mail is set up (from new, old, sent, spam, deleted mail to current style) and the Spam settings from numerous choices to only one (blocked). it seems the longer we continue to PAY for AOL Gold, the less we are getting for our money. I see by the Feedback that I'm far from alone in feeling AOL Gold does not seem "golden" to your PAYING customers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

722 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. paying for a service i am not receiving

I am paying $25 monthly for a service I am not receiving. I pay for AOL security, AOL gold, and Aol SMART FRIEND yet i cannot chat on games. This, i am told, is illegal to charge for services not provided.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An unspecified server error occurred. Please try again later. saving options on addressbook editing contacts not working. Sending attachmen

An unspecified server error occurred. Please try again later. saving options on addressbook editing contacts not working. Sending attachment or pictures not working. form phone to pc using aol desktop gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base