Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

3. fix the e-mail

check my e-mail and it says have 325 e-mails but only 12 show up. shows I got 300 spam mails but only 4-5 show up .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AOL verification code -

Got and email
    AOL Your verification code is [ letters given ]
    What is this - a scam or what. Been on AOL for years and never seen this!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. i am getting emails that DO NOT have my address on them how are they coming to me ???

get you server fixed i am getting emails that do n ot have my address on them !!!!! i have screenshotted it where do i send it ????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Absolutely Ridiculous and Totally Irritating

I have been trying to cancel my AOL Assist for months! Impossible to find it under Help because the AOL help link goes to a page that does not exist. (YES, I have all the program updates/grades). I finally get my Bank to give me the number of whose charging me and after several disconnects, find someone to help. However, the only way I can get refunded for the charge AOL did TODAY, is to get a free 30 day trial of AOL Assist. I have not used this service for YEARS and I am finally canceling it, WHY would…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. auto suggest

Is it possible to turn off the autocomplete function of the toolbar? I DO NOT like the way everything I have searched for shows in a drop down box everytime I type into the toolbar.
    Previous versions of aol allowed this autocomplete function to be turned off.
    For privacy & security reasons... this should be fixed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Toolbar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

8. Sign On Issues

Right now, I have Gold version 11.0.2709 finally up and working. But if I close the browser, reboot or turn off my PC, then everything is lost and I can only get a new browser 11.0.2706 after signing on again, that has no mail, no favorites, no personal icons, can't use your File, Edit, etc. taskbar etc. It brings up the news and AOL search boxes only. Nothing else works or will open. Yes, I have checked "Password and Auto save" when logging in, but it doesn't matter. I uninstalled GOLD 4 times today, Then just now when I relogged…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

c. Restart ADG

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

c. Restart ADG

12. I get spam from Unknown Senders even though in my settings I have checked to hide and disable

I have checked in my mail settings to hide and disable mail from Unknown Senders. I am still getting this junk in my Spam folder. Why doesn't hide and disable, hide and disable?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.
    Take control of your inbox by keeping your spam list up to date.

1. Click the Spam Settings tab.
    2. In the box under “Block mail from addresses I specify,” enter the email address you want blocked.
    3. Click the + icon
    4. Alternatively, to remove the address, click the X icon next to the address you want removed.
    More info in this article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-mail-settings

13. Poor VIP CSR Support

Called VIP support regarding OPEN Escalated case and CSR not very friendly. Requested to be taken off speaker phone or boom mike as I could hear co-workers in background LOUDER than her and told she couldn't do that. After a few minutes, I requested to speak to a supervisor and was IMMEDIATELY (as in not checking) told none was available. I will wait until I cool down before calling back.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. but we really do try to provide the best possible service we can for our users and are here to help, not hinder.  We genuinely apologize for anything that gives a different impression.

14. Using Unread Button is Now Slow

In the past, marking an e-mail Unread was immediate. Now, and for the past few weeks, it takes several seconds for the icon in front of the e-mail to change. Why is that? Can this function be returned to the prior speed? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. 2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues.

15. your checks as read mail appear at random when deleting e-mails..

when I open an e-mail and and then delete it and start deleting other e-mail items the red check (read e-mails) randomly appears after I start deleting items.. It started over a month ago..Please fix this

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

16. Clicking on a link for a Zoom conference breaks AOL.

Found out this is a feature, not a bug, using the browser contained within AOL's ecosystem. Workaround is forwarding the email to another address or accessing AOL mail via the web. This is about security, I was told by a tech, but it's pain. Zoom is VERY widely used in these coronavirus days, so AOL, please get with it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing.
    To do that, please follow these steps:
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.

17. Why can't I sign into Wish.com ?

Allow me to sign into any .com business. Right now, for instance, I can't sign into Wish.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

18. search unread mail

How do I see only UNREAD mail? Is there no way to filter or search as in Gmail? Is this why I need to ditch this old AOL account?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PayPal not working with AOL. Transactions do not complete.

PayPal does not work/complete transactions with AOL browser. Switched to EDGE and PayPal works fine. Need to fix AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for reporting this. We’ll make sure it gets to the appropriate team for review but we would recommend reporting it yourself as well to our engineers. Click on help on the top right corner and select report bug from the drop-down menu. Thank you.

20. Edit the Address Autocomplete Feature When Creating an Email

When adding addresses to a new e-mail (or forwarding one), a list of suggested addresses pops up. That list always contains email addresses that are old or people I do not wish to correspond with. How can I remove these unwanted email addresses and stop them from popping up when I send an email?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are suggestions. The option is embedded in the application and its available for any type of application you are using. The feature its not only for AOL. Any other provider uses the same feature.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base