Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are continually making changes to improve your experience. If Spam is bypassing the filters, marking mail as Spam or Not Spam is the best and most reliable way to bring spam under control. On the Mailbox window, on the bottom right corner you can manage your Spam Controls as well. You can “filter” incoming mail in AOL Mail to make certain emails go directly into the folders where you want them — or, to make unwanted mail from specific senders go straight into Trash or Spam.

2. Make spell check work correctly

Make spell check work like it did in the past

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

AOL Desktop Gold has a new way of spell checking your emails. This is done automatically, in real time, as you compose your messages.

When the AOL Desktop Gold detects a spelling error, the word is highlighted by a red line under it. (Click the link below to see an image for an example)

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/4db80cc33bd37e32201f88ab1843266a/Gold+Mail+-+1%3A2+Spell+Check+How+to+identify.png

To correct the spelling error, right-click the word and select one of the options provided. (Click the link below to see an image for an example)

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/ee1be6b821550147cd0214e4f5846dee/Gold+Mail+-+2%3A2+Spell+Check+Choose+the+word.png

3. Can no longer increase or decrease the size of my screen as I was able to do with AOL 9.8

Please bring back the ability to stretch out or reduce the size of the screen. There are many times where 2 or 3 screens need to be seen & moved around while doing work & this is no longer able to be done. This is a necessary feature to always have!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To enlarge the screen please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the browser, email, mailbox windows to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

4. ****** off customer

AOL sucks I have been a high paying customer  for 20 years , today I was on hold for 1 hr! R U kidding me with the same message ( less then 8 min remaining) no wonder you have the worst reputation on the internet! I had to finally hang up without solving my problem.

****** off customer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the long hold time you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to continually improve our user experience.

5. Please get rid of "stories" that exploit women...AOL always has articles about ...see through clothing, clothing mishaps, etc...get with it

Stop with women exploitation... how many times can / will AOL use "jaw dropping" as a lead to a story...make the stories non-******...make AOL's stories clean, so clean that our kids can enjoy AOL...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set Mail Signature

Where did the insert photo go on the set mail signature - Hate this new upgrade

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard.

After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

7. Gold needs to have a TEAM focus on the many issues it has...take 9.8 and make it better -more robust...Let Gold be the shinning star for AOL

I have sent numerous email regarding improvements for Gold...I never have received a response - specific to my suggestions....not really sure anyone reads feedbacks from AOL users...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We take every feedback seriously and share it with the concerned team. We are updating AOL Desktop Gold every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. loaded new gold, now 5 years of new mail is gone,,, where did it go and how do i get them back

why did aol change this,, the 9.8 worked just fine, this sucks and i am going to learn about other gmail and others and be done with this ****,,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WHY CAN'T I DELETE A MAIL I JUST READ FROM BOTTOM OF LETTER AS *** BEFORE *** ??? ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME NOW I HAVE TO CLOSE FROM READI

WHY CAN'T I DELETE A MAIL I JUST READ FROM BOTTOM OF LETTER AS *** BEFORE *** ???

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME NOW I HAVE TO CLOSE FROM READING & THEN DO FROM THE MAILBOX WHERE ALL LETTERS ARE LISTED TO READ.??? CAUSING ME TO LOSE MORE TIME TO DO THIS ????

WHAT KIND OF ******** IS THIS. ????

NOW YOU WENT & MADE A SPECIAL **** COMPLAINT PAGE *** WHICH YOU SHOULD *** SEND *** TO EVERYONE **** SO THEY KNOW ALL **** THAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING *** ABOUT YOUR GREAT GOLD **** *** THAT DOES NOT…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you read an email and you wish to delete it simply click on the “Delete” button on the bottom of the screen.

11. I can't seem to copy email addresses in the " To" field anymore to put into a group mail list like I used to. Much more of a hassle to add t

Is there a way to select and copy addresses typed in the "To" field anymore? I used to put a number of them there to do up a new " group" list , copy them all at once to add them all together to the list rather than adding each one as you have to do now. Also- used to copy them individually to put into the body copy of the email- can't copy them now. Is there a way to do this not using " edit" "copy" in the task bar?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can right-click on any email address in the To field and choose “Copy All” from the drop-down menu. Then paste them into another location.

12. GOLD STINKS

I AM GOING WITH 85% OF THE OTHER FOLKS IN THIS LIST....AOL GOLD STINKS. I have not had this much trouble with AOL since the first day I signed up for it in 2000. Mail - cannot open, trouble getting into the application, VERY VERY VERY SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW in response. Basically this package stinks - and if you paid a lot for it you were had. Thank you for listening but I doubt if this will do any good!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll send your thoughts to our product Team, meanwhile, please try these steps:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

13. What are all the new programs that are showing up from AOL all about? Purpose??

A lot of new programs being sent to us. What is the purpose? Perhaps and explanation or advance notice would be good. My Norton says they are safe but what are they for?? Will it help me or just more advertising for AOL? *****@AOL.COM P M*****

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Gold has enabled premium security features. You can activate them by going to the Edit Tab> Browser settings> Premium Security. Not only will AOL Desktop Gold alert you when you visit dangerous websites, its patented anti-keylogging technology will disguise your keystrokes to hackers who try to steal your personal information.

By clicking the “Learn more” hyperlink next to each of them you can learn more about the security features and functionality of AOL Desktop Gold.

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. bring back 9.8aol gold has bad mail and bad favorites and is always blacking out

aol gold has very slow reaction in aol mail AND I CANNOT PICK MY ICONS FOR MY FAVORITES AND IT IS SLOW AND IT BLACKS OUT A LOT

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to add a customised toolbar icon is currently not available.

I have a couple of steps for you to try in order to improve the slowness issue you reported:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down,…

16. local news contains NO local news for area code - email not operating properly - organizing favorites now time consuming - slow to connect -

listen to subscribers - make improvements that are progressive , not regressive , + user unfriendly - why have a local news on welcome screen that has NO local news but has content for areas 100 to 3000 miles from setting - go back to old method of srranging favorites - improve site + email performance - paid subscriber for over 20 years + your changes have given me not 1 reason to continue to be one

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we are continually working on enhancing this new experience. Now, favorites are alphabetized for easier access.

To make sure the email is working smoothly, please try these steps:

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These…

17. Fix the problems!!

Sometimes when saving Drafts, it is very slow. Then I'll find that duplicates and even triplicates are being saved. I spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with the Desktop Gold Tech office, and thought this problem was fixed. It is not. I have complained about this numerous times. If you won't fix it, bring back 9.8.2. I've sent this under Report A Bug also. Hopefully someone will read this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate this issue. Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting " About AOL" from the drop-down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1550, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload. If the issue persists after updating the AOL Desktop, please let us know.

18. This software is running so slow. It is not working properly. I am paying for this service and ads are still popping up and running next to

This software is running so slow. It is not working properly. I am paying for this service and ads are still popping up and running next to the mail. The mail has so many different type fonts. Mail does not stay maximized. Once you open an email, it minimizes which is really annoying. Mail folders are not in the proper order.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Keeping the screen maximized is currently not available, but I’ll make sure your feedback goes to the product team.

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow…

19. Let's go back to 9.8.2 so I can send mail to several hundred addresses announcing deaths and sickness and distress of friends.

I am with a fraternal organization and send email to several hundred members announcing deaths or sickness and distress of our members. It was easy on 9.8.2. I can no longer do this with AOL Gold. Let's keep 9.8.2.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would suggest that you create a group with all the emails that you are sending mass emails to. For that access the Mail tab, then Address Book. Go to Group Options and create a new group. You can easily select from the contact list existing email addresses. If you want to add emails that are not on your contact list please copy and paste them into the “Additional Contacts in Group” field on the bottom right.

20. Disable Popups on AOL Gold

Enable block popups in aol gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can manage your AOL pop-ups by going to the Edit tab, then to Browser Settings and from here to Pop-ups. By checking the radio buttons you can manage your preferences, you don’t need to save your settings, this is done automatically.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base