Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. Gold needs to have a TEAM focus on the many issues it has...take 9.8 and make it better -more robust...Let Gold be the shinning star for AOL

I have sent numerous email regarding improvements for Gold...I never have received a response - specific to my suggestions....not really sure anyone reads feedbacks from AOL users...

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We take every feedback seriously and share it with the concerned team. We are updating AOL Desktop Gold every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

2. Why do we have to lose our stock portfolios we set up on AOL and move them to Yahoo? AOL is my IP and that's where I want them.

Why do we have to lose our stock portfolios we set up on AOL and move them to Yahoo? AOL is my IP and that's where I want them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good overview of Yahoo Finance in general: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web/started-yahoo-finance-sln3642.html?impressions=true

This one is a brief overview of some of the features that portfolios offer: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web/track-investments-watch-portfolios-sln7034.html?impressions=true

Here you find out how to Migrate your portfolio to Yahoo Portfolios:
    https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-portfolios-will-be-discontinued

3. Gold Improved?????

Gold needs the mail settings option of "people I know" vs "everyone" back. Gold needs all the "Plug-ins" for all the POGO games back in the software (that I "PAY" for by the way!!!) Gold "should have been" at least equal to the old "Blue" before you FORCED us to use it!! You've made changes over the years to AOL without all these problems, You "really" blew this Gold conversion!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon. Certain games on Pogo.com are based on the Java plugin. AOL Desktop Gold does not support the Java plugin, so in order to play these games you will need to use a browser that still supports this plugin, like Internet Explorer.

For more information, please view our article on The New AOL Desktop: Troubleshooting: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-troubleshooting

4. Anyone know what this means? {"errors":[{"INVALID_CRUMB","title":"invalid crumb"}]}?

Strange error I get that can't be explained. And by the way, thanks for alphabetizing my favorites. Took many months to get them in the order that I wanted, and only took AOL an instant to shuffle it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our Technical Support agents further investigate this.

5. Feedback navigation is terrible

When you click on a feedback title it takes you to the details with no way of getting back to feedback page. You have to close out and go back into Help > Submit Feedback. It is needless clicking when AOL could provide a "back" button.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To get back to the Feedback list page once you have opened an idea to view the details:

- Click on the AOL Desktop Gold link in the upper left hand corner.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

6. FIX THE BUGS WHEN REPORTED

Ever since the Windows 10 update a few days ago, when I click on WRITE to write a email or at times click on my MAILBOX, my AOL Desktop flashes off and needs to be reloaded. This "bug" ONLY occurs on AOL Desktop, not when using any other browser so I assume the "bug" lies with the AOL Desktop program. I've reported The Bug for days now and still the problem hasn't been solved. Anyone else experiencing the same problem??? AOL, HOW ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our engineers are investigating this issue as we speak. You can download the software installer again: http://updates.desktop.aol.com/updates/gm/Install_AOL_Desktop.exe. This should fix the bug. If you need help with this, we can have a technician guide you through: 1-888-365-3733. If the issue continues, please send us a crash report. To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

7. Why did our calendar disappear, I lost all of my important dates over that

bring back our calendar with the reminders option for important dates.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Go to calendar.aol.com and save it in the favorites to find it easily. On the top right corner of the page click the heart-shaped icon and select Add to Favorites from the drop-down menu.

8. Something is wrong with my AOL. I can't open my e-mails. They will not load. Keep getting a massage to wait 5 mins and try again.

What the **** is going on with AOL? I'm about to cancel them. Been with them since 1997. Come on guys get your act together.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists please restart the software.

9. UPLOAD LIMITS

THIS HAS HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES. I'M SENDING A FILE TO MY BOSS WHICH IS 24.5 MB, HOWEVER I'M GETTING A MESSAGE THAT SAYS I CAN'T SEND A FILE LARGER THAN 25MB. THIS FILE IS NOT LARGER THAN 25MB, ITS 24.5. WHY WON'T IT GO THRU?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 25 megabyte limit applies to the entire email, including the file attachments, formatted text and email signature. If the size of the email exceeds 25 megabytes, please compress the file attachments (using a software specialized for this), or in case there are multiple file attachments, try to send them in multiple emails.

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improvements needed for Desktop Gold !!

1. There are real problems with Desktop Gold – it should not have been released before they were fixed. Where is "Manage Favorites"? Can Favorites be stored on my PC?

2. Some Favorites folders are missing on *****. How to recover? Unable to manage preferences on Desktop 9.8

3. Security/Privacy Issue – If I log off with an e-mail and one or more web pages open, they are still visible if I do not exit Desktop Gold. If another user then logs on, they remain visible, so that the other user can read my e-mail and see the web pages I was on.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will send this to our Product Engineers and they will look into this to see if they can have these features added and bugs fixed in a future update or release of the software. Regarding the other features and functions that you have mentioned we will explain them below.

The Manage Favorites feature is available, and you can use it by clicking on the manage button on the bottom of the Favorite Places window. The Manage feature provides an option to Save a copy of the favorite places in a file on your computer, to Replace your favorites with a back-up file, or to append a favorite file to your current list of favorites. Please note that the Save option will place a copy of the favorite places in a .fav file, which cannot be opened separately outside of the AOL Desktop Gold, and can be used only to…

12. A Way to delete All in Trash ( recently Deleted) Mail Folder

There has never seemed to be a way ( at least a clear way) to delete all trash at once in the "Recently Deleted" mail folder ... The Spam folder does have a " Delete All " button, I'd like to see that in the same spot of the recently deleted folder as well ...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can delete all emails in your Trash (Recently deleted) folder by selecting one email and hitting Ctrl + A on your keyboard. This will select all emails in that folder and you can easily delete them.

13. Using Unread Button is Now Slow

In the past, marking an e-mail Unread was immediate. Now, and for the past few weeks, it takes several seconds for the icon in front of the e-mail to change. Why is that? Can this function be returned to the prior speed? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. 2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues.

14. I am so tired of the CefSharp.browser.subporcess.exe. It continues to tie up my CPU with huge memory use.

I hate aol s use of cefsharp.browser supprocess.exe. It ties up huge portion of my CPU in ways that stalls my computer. I called the help desk and they are helpless to do anything. If it continues I am considering dropping aol after all these years. The really needs fixing. Internet explorer does not use this and it works great, better than aol and its free.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

15. Sending Email

In all of the previous versions of AOL we have always been able to send email by pressing......Ctrl and Shift. This made sending very easy. It's not a big thing but it would be great if you would return that.......makes sending soooo much easier!! thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you keep the mouse cursor in the To field you can send the email pressing CTRL and Enter.

16. AOL ALLOWING SCAMMERS IN CHAT ROOMS?

WHY DOES AOL ALLOW SCAMMERS IN THE CHAT ROOMS? THIS OCCURRED ON 6/23/2018. THE PERSON LISTED BELOW WAS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE PEOPLE'S LIST TO IGNORE.

YWRFCRHSREGKQC4UOXJ63N2P4J (8:00 PM)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, the reason why that person is not listed in “People Here” is because he left the chat room.

If you see content in an AOL Chat that violates the AOL Terms of Service, let us know right away.

1. While in a chat, select a username from the ‘People Here’ list.
    2. Using your cursor, highlight the portion of the conversation that’s in violation.
    3. Click Notify AOL.

17. Stop allowing my AOL address to be hacked. I am constantly getting emails from unknowns saying stop send or will be reported. I do not send

have been receiving emails from unknown saying I am sending emails to them Improve your security so I am not being hacked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have an article dedicated to identifying suspicious activity and how to protect your account from future attacks. Please refer to the article here: https://help.aol.com/articles/account-management-identifying-suspicious-activity

If you need additional assistance for resetting your password, please call AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364 Monday through Friday between 8 AM to 1 AM ET, and Saturday between 8 AM and 10 PM ET.

18. Is AOL.Gold MAPI Compliant

AOL 9.82 has been discontinued and I have had to migrate to AOL Gold. My tax program was able to send PDFs of returns via email using AOL 9.82 but using the new Gold program it goes as far as creating the pdf of the return and creating the email to send it with but it does not attach the pdf and drop in the email address.

Something to do with MAPI compliance. Outlook is MAPI compliant and I believe I have it with Microsoft office so I am wondering if this procedure would work.

https://www.lifewire.com/access-aol-email-outlook-1173658

or if there is…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AOL GOLD IS TERRIBLE..... I tried to same my "favorites" as per your instructions, but when saved on my desktop, THEY WOULDN'T OPEN!!!! I'm

AOL GOLD IS TERRIBLE..... I tried to same my "favorites" as per your instructions, but when saved on my desktop, THEY WOULDN'T OPEN!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When saving your favorite places to a favorite file on your computer, they will be stored in a .fav file. This type of file can be used only inside the AOL Desktop Gold (to replace or append it to your Favorites list).

20. Need To Fix This or I'm going to leave AOL

Every time I go to Ebay this is what I get "Failed to load URL https://www.ebay.com/ with error ERRTOOMANY_REDIRECTS (TooManyRedirects)." If this doesn't get fixed I will be looking for a new Internet service. Aol now is HORRIBLE!!! I have been with Aol every since I had a computer which I think was 1998 and I can't understand why it was messed with when it was working fine as it was. What good is it if you can't go to the site you want to go to!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our product team has investigated. Unfortunately, this is an eBay issue as you can see in their community:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Err-Too-many-redirects/td-p/27276588

From an AOL side you can try clearing the cache from your settings which will restart AOL Desktop Gold, however until the underlying issue is resolved, you will still likely run into the issue sometimes.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base