Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Scam alert!

This is the Scam email return address I received

iservice@serviceaccounts.net I hope this will help

AOL shut the down

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AOL Gold slows my computer to a crawl

AOL Gold lags my computer down. I've talked to tech and they can't help. When I go into it the program opens 4 CefSharp.Browsers and 2 AOLDesktop.exe. I go from 8% Physical Memory used to 97% whenever I open an article. This does NOT happen if I am using IE. I have spoken with tech support to no avail. I have deleted and reloaded the program with no change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

4. Permanently delete all trashed emails all at one time

When I trash my emails, I would like to permanently delete them all at one time and not one at a time. I trashed them for a reason and having to delete them one at a time only aggravates my carpal tunnel syndrome. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Select one email from the list, and press CTRL+A to highlight all of them
    or choose ‘Select All’ from the Edit menu then press Permanently Delete.

5. How can we tell if an email from AOL is genuine, or a scam?

How can we tell if an email from AOL is genuine, or a scam? They used to have a special icon next to it, when it was genuine.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Don,

Thanks for reaching out. MP4 players should work in the browser. Also, if you want to play your own video within the browser you can go to “File → Open” and choose the video you’d like to play.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

7. 5/16/18: Once again, as I reported before, I can not sign off.

Have to use Task Manager to sign off. Does anyone care about all the problems we are having? Why are they not being fixed after all this time?

I don't what your beta fixes are for because not even one of them have helped any of my problems. Don't tell me to clean my browser or call tech. The problem is on your end.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. All of a sudden SPAM IS all over my accoutn

Stop the spam . I have controls and my master account is loaded with spam from obvious spammers emails like lkx99 etc

STOP it. member since 1998

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend setting up a content filter in order to block mail containing specific words and phrases. To do this in AOL Desktop Gold,

1. Click “Mail” on the top left.
    2. Select “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu.
    3. Check the “Block mail containing specific words and phrases” option.
    4. Add postmaster-relay the in the box below.
    5. Click Save at the bottom.

If you want to permanently block these emails, you will need to set the Blocked Mail option to “Permanently delete blocked mail”, after following the steps above (and click Save again after this). Please note that by permanently deleting the blocked mail, the emails blocked by your Sender Filter and Content Filter will be returned to the senders and cannot be retrieved from the Spam folder.

9. Why can't I select the Option...Check for Updates

Fix these problems, or quit charging.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Check For Updates” option in the Help menu of the new AOL Desktop, will trigger the updates to download, but will not display a confirmation message when it is finished, as the updates are installed in the background, and take effect after closing and reopening the software.

10. my AOL desktop gold is gone missing again earlier today. This has happened about 12th times now.

my AOL desktop gold is gone missing again earlier today. This has happened about 12th times now. Tech support have downloaded and reinstalled application. I need help to avoid this from happening again. Please refer to case number - 04860403.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SINCE I INPROVED MY PC BY GOING TO GOLD, AND PAYING FOR THE PRIVILAGE, MY PC HAS BEEN A PAIN ********** THANKS A LOT

NOTHING ON MY PC IS WORKING SINCE T I HATE THE NEW GOLD AND AND HATE PAYING FOR IT.HE CHANGE OVER. WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

Let me place you in touch with one of our technicians so they can further investigate if the issues you encounter with your computer might be related to the software. Please call: 1-888-265-3733.

12. Why can't I put a photo on my mail "signature" like I was able to do with your old and BETTER aol????

Why can't I put a photo on my mail "signature" like I was able to do with your old and BETTER aol????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

13. Address Book Issue

I am having difficulty sending an email to an entire group in my address book. Previously, all I had to do was to right click the group's title, and select send/CC/BCC, etc. This no longer works.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Open the Address Book.

2. Select the Group from the left-hand side.

3. Click on Group Option below the list of Groups and Categories.

4. Choose Send Mail, Copy To or Blind Copy.

As an alternative you can open a Write mail window and type the group name directly in the To, Cc or Bcc field.

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To insert a webpage in an email, please follow these steps:

1. Open your favorite website in the AOL Desktop browser.

2. In the top right corner of the webpage, right-click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Insert in Mail from the drop-down menu.

The product team is not planning to change the alphabetical listing of favorites.

15. Request from Attorney to Avoid a Lawsuit

Mark Joseph in Manila has been extraordinarily helpful. I have subscribed and paid AOL as an attorney licensed in TN for 21 years and have saved many law files. I am now retiring from legal practice in TN which does not permit me to advertise as an active lawyer with the AOL address for 21 years: t**@aol.com. AOL adopted policy of NOT permitting me to transfer my legal files saved under tfjlaw to my new screen name, t@aol.com. I request that you review my concerns and arrange the transfer of those files ASAP to t@aol.com. Otherwise, I

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our team has reached out to you directly via email about this issue. Please look for that and let them know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,
    Product Support

16. web developer and software engineers- address book not showing the same addresses as on the old aol desktop with old emails also. everythin

address book not showing the same addresses as on the old aol desktop with old emails also.everything was changed to email addresses only. kindly fix. bring back the same feature as like of the old aol desktop. very unhappy with Aol Desktop Gold. I love my 9.8.2. Gold Sucks!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible that some contacts were saved offline in the old AOL Desktop (version 9.8 or lower). Since the option to export the address book from the old AOL Desktop is not available, we recommend opening the Address Book in from the old AOL Desktop (there is no need to sign in, in order to open the Address Book) and after retrieving the missing contacts, manually add them in AOL Desktop Gold (they will be saved on the server, and can be accessed from different devices)

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to add favorites to the Toolbar is currently available. To do this, first open the favorite website then click on the Heart shaped icon in the top right corner and select “Add to Toolbar” from the pop-up menu. To move, edit or delete the Toolbar icons, simply right click on them and select the desired option.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to look more into this. Please report this problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

19. loaded new gold, now 5 years of new mail is gone,,, where did it go and how do i get them back

why did aol change this,, the 9.8 worked just fine, this sucks and i am going to learn about other gmail and others and be done with this ****,,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the problems!!

Sometimes when saving Drafts, it is very slow. Then I'll find that duplicates and even triplicates are being saved. I spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with the Desktop Gold Tech office, and thought this problem was fixed. It is not. I have complained about this numerous times. If you won't fix it, bring back 9.8.2. I've sent this under Report A Bug also. Hopefully someone will read this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate this issue. Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting " About AOL" from the drop-down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1550, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload. If the issue persists after updating the AOL Desktop, please let us know.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base