Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. email

Want to change font color in emails. Bring back A to do this.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate the issue you encounter when changing fonts. Please clear the footprints to see if this helps.

Here’s how:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. 2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.
  2. All of my Favorites did not transfer over from the old AOL desktop. And all of my "Mail Waiting to be Sent" also did not transfer over.

My idea is that AOL Gold is very inferior to the old Aol desktop. They have taken things away. Things like transferring from one name to another, "mail waiting to be sent" and favorites. After 18 yrs with AOL its time for me to make a change. There is no reason for us not to be able to access the old desktop. This is like blackmail. "Either use Gold and pay for it - or no more access to your info!" I'll be moving to G mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To import the favorites from the old software into AOL Desktop Gold, please follow the steps in the help article below.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

Unfortunately, the option to import the “Mail Waiting to be Sent” from the old software to the AOL Desktop Gold, is not available at the moment. To retrieve the Mail Waiting to be Sent, please open the old AOL Desktop (there is no need to sign in), then click on “Read” on the top left to open the mailbox, and select the Mail Waiting to be Sent folder from the left side.

3. not able to attach craiglist adds to email

use to be able to do it in old AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To send Craiglist adds in your email please follow these steps:

1. Open Craiglist in the AOL Desktop browser.

2. In the top right corner of the webpage, click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Insert in Mail from the pop-up menu.

4. I have had to re-load AOL desktop gold TWICE! I cannot every get through on the telephone to find out why. I don't want to have to re-load

Furnish an easier way to talk to Help about aol gold!! I have had to re-load twice because the icon disappears. Help!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to continually improve our user experience.

Keep in mind that besides calling 1-888-265-3733 you can also establish a chat with our technicians.

Here’s how to establish a chat: 1.Go to https://help.aol.com/contact
    2. Sign in if you’re not already
    3. Click the “Chat Now” option under the “Chat With Us” section

If your Gold shortcut is missing, follow the steps here: https://help.aol.com/articles/restore-my-missing-aol-desktop-gold-icon-or-shortcut
    https://help.aol.com/

5. I HATE the new Gold.

What were you thinking. My favorites all gone! Why? Emails constantly coming up in bottom right corner when I'm trying to do something else. I do NOT need this! I know how to check my email. When I want to permanently delete I used to be able to "select all" and do them all at once. Now, one at a time? This whole new Gold is terrible! If it wasn't broke, why fix it??? Oh and why did you get rid of the backgrounds for stationary?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I will send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To import the favorites from the old software into AOL Desktop Gold. Please follow the steps in the help article below.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

To delete all the emails at a time press Ctrl + A and then click on Delete. You can also delete 2 or more emails by pressing Ctrl + Left mouse button.

6. PRINTPREVIEW UNAVAILABLE

Please install "printpreview" in the printer options on AOL Gold. I miss it!!! If you can't do this please recommend another product that includes this! I use "printpreview" all the time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make AOL Gold easy to install... if I'm stuck with it.

Make installation a one click operation with the option clearly available on AOL.com. If I currently go there and load the desktop, I get the old AOL which doesn't run. If I go to mybenefits.aol.com I get stuck in an infinite loop and can't proceed. I don't have these issues with Hotmail or Gmail. Why am I having them with AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mail is NOT working -

The Mail is NOT showing the latest mail - its behind 3 to 4 days - AOL as a web service company seems to have become a 'fake' web service company - articles written with no author names and it seems to be more right wing than balanced

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback about the news.

Regarding the mail problem please refresh your mailbox.

Here’s how:

1Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen.
    2.Select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option > Refresh Mailbox.

In case you are still encountering issues, please reach out to the AOL Desktop Gold team by calling the number 1-888-265-3733.

10. Dislike

Dislike Gold,
    Windows wont stay maximize. 3 steps to save mail. 3 steps to log in. Along with the several of the other dislikes in this category I searched up, I'm thinking about dropping AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To maximize the windows, please follow these steps:
    1. Drag one of the four corners of the browser, email, mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case you are unable to make screenshots inside the AOL Desktop Gold, go to Edit > General Settings> Premium Security > uncheck “Enable Screen Capture Protection”.

If you also have the DataMask installed on your computer, please follow the steps in the “DataMask Settings” section from the following article, to disable screen capture prevention: https://help.aol.com/articles/using-datamask-by-aol

12. Fix the underlined A so I can change font color.

Underlined A to change font color no longer works. Please fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate this issue. Please clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop.

Here’s how you clear the Footprints:
    a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists please close and reopen the software.

13. FIND MY 2 YEARS OF MISSING EMAIL!

Fix what is obviously screwed up!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. can we toggle on/off the mail folder list link

can we toggle on/off the mail folder list link

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can click on the Hide Folder List on the bottom left side of the mailbox screen, but please keep in mind that settings will not remain saved after you close the software.

15. "ctrl-f" not working on AOL Gold except in "write mail"

"ctrl-f" not working on AOL Gold except in "write mail"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Find in Top Window is designed to work only when having a web-page or email opened on the screen. The Find in Top Window option will be grayed out when no web-page or email is opened on the screen (it will not work in the mailbox window).

Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting " About AOL" from the drop-down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1550, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload.

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set a default signature to appear in the mail compose window by following the steps:
    1.Click the Mail menu at the top of the window.
    2. Select “Set mail signatures” from the drop-down menu
    3. Select the signature you want to set as the default signature.
    4. Click Default On/Off. A blue check mark appears next to the signature name.
    Changes are saved automatically.

17. Revamp all windows in AOL Desktop Gold. Graphics are awful. Functionality went backwards.

Windows are too small for the large print sizes. Its screwed up the functionality of email, news pages, and downloadable sites such as my online banking sites. Whoever directed the forced movement to AOL Desktop Gold should be fired. In fact, it should have already occurred.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

18. THIS ARBITRARY DECISION TO DISALLOW DESKTOP ON OLDER COMPUTERS IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE.

THIS ARBITRARY DECISION TO DISALLOW DESKTOP ON OLDER COMPUTERS IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE. I am paying to use AOL desktop but my older -- and perfectly functional computer -- is not able to install it. You technicians agree that the computer is too old for Destop Gold to work and yet I am NOT allowed to maintaine Destop 9.8. Do you realize how unfair you are to those with older computers who have loyally supported AOL for years? I might argue that you are discriminating against those on lower imcomes and also, against seniors. IF you MUST insist on inflicting…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We anticipate all older versions of the AOL Desktop software to change over to AOL Desktop Gold over the upcoming year. We developed this new and enhanced AOL Desktop Gold software to replace the older AOL Desktop versions on the market today.

In order to update to Gold, you will need to update your Windows software to the latest Windows Operating System. The minimum system requirements for the latest version of the AOL Desktop software are Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Internet Explorer 7+

You will no longer be able to access your old AOL Desktop software, but you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like AOL Shield at mail.aol.com

To download and install the AOL Shield for older operating systems as Windows XP/Vista, please follow the steps from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-shield

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to add a brokerage account in your AOL Finance portfolio, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to http://aol.com/portfolios and go to your Holdings page (located at the top of your screen)

2. Click +Add Portfolio.

3. Search for “Wells Fargo Advantage Founts”

4. Enter your credentials for the account you have selected.

5. Click Sync Brokerage.

If you have other questions about managing your portfolio or have problems setting up your brokerage account, we have several different options for you to contact a Technical Support agent who would be glad to assist you. Please reach out to them through one of these methods:

- By Email at aolfinance-support@sigfig.com
    - By Phone at 1-(855) 267-6269 (8am to 8pm EST, Mon-Fri only).

20. Images in Signature File and Celebrity Voices

I need to be able to place images on my saved signatures, like 9.8 allowed. This is something I really need to continue being able to do. Also bring back Celebrity Voices, so I do not have to use the standard, boring AOL default sounds.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base