AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A simple way to get rid of emails that are outdated

A simple way to get rid of outdated email

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AOL settings

i want to have single line format whenever i send emails.

104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for contacting us. Can you provide more details about the single line format, so we’re better able to troubleshoot the issue?

We appreciate you reaching out.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

4. allow spelling changes within spell check.

after generating an email, one uses aol spell check and comes across a misspelled word-
    if the correct word is not in the suggested list, one must close spell check and manually correct the spelling in the email.
    spell check should allow for changes to be made dynamically in the box where the misspelled word shows up.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. there needs to be a way to save multiple emails, as a group to a flash drive or hard copy

there needs to be a way to select multiple emails, and save them all as individual files, to a flash drive, hard drive, etc so they can be used/viewed individually... OFF SITE from AOL or required internet access.

I have a situation where I need to make a copy of 249 emails and present them all, as separate, electronic files, as evidence in a court case. All 249 emails are saved - on AOL, in the PFC, and accessible... but only through internet access. I need to submit a flash drive to the court with all of the files, as…

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CLOSE MAIL BOX

I want to close my mail box, I have other screen names that usually I closed the mail box, now are full of spam. Please put back that option

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search mail feature!

When I search for a particular email address, I want mail "from that one person". I now get ALL the emails that this person was included in, such as in 'group' emails, like my Lions club. Some of those people also send me "personal" emails and I want to be able to search for the one particular email from that one particular person. This is how this "search" used to work and how it SHOULD work. Please switch this feature back to how it was...it is driving me crazy!

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Format control of emails page

I want to see and control more emails at once than the new gold allows and show only what I want to see

On aol anywhere I can
    - change the size and adjust how many emails show up on the list
    - use one hand and click on the side boxes to delete a large number of emails as a first run through
    - not have all the icons take up a quarter of the page

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The PFC should be password protected, like it USED to be.

The PFC needs to be password protected like it USED to be

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. requesting developer to remove the 2nd line at the butom of the email page

requesting developer to remove the 2nd line at the butom of the email page

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Voice Command for Email

I hope that you would develop or add a feature in AOL Desktop Gold that let us hear the email or have an option to make AOL Desktop Gold read emails for us.

67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base