Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. Email Count Wrong.

This is not an idea, I am reporting an issue. You are reporting that there are 57 new emails in my inbox. There is approx 20 emails in my inbox. Your system, is mis-reporting how emails I have.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

2. ARCHIVE folder placed in e-mail by AOL

On Aug 13, 2018 a folder appeared in my email under "Saved on aol" called "Archive" I did not place it there.
    After the archive folder appeared, I deleted some other folders with their continence. The folders were removed at the time, however, after and hour or two, the folder(s) would reappear with their continence. I have notified AOL tech services and they have tried several different solutions. To date none have worked. Please refer to Case # 06945750. I want to be able to delete and remove emails and folders. If not the email service I am paying for…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there, the issue you are experiencing is caused in most cases by an email client, like Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail. The Archive folder is created automatically by the email client. Also if you created mail folders in the email client, and later deleted them from the AOL Mail site, or AOL Desktop Gold, the email client will synchronize the folder list the next time you open it, and cause the folders to re-appear. In this case, please delete the mail folders from your email client.

3. new mail

Play a sound such as a ding when new mail is received

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

To enable new mail notification sound go to:

Edit→ General Settings → click on Sounds tab → check the box next to Play sound when new mail is received.

Changes are saved automatically

4. Republican

Any post with GOP or Republican in the sender or subject line is being sent to the Spam folder. This kind of censorship of political matters should cease immediately. If you do not like certain political persons or parties, let us all know and we can do business elsewhere.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emails will be tagged as a spam depending on the behavior it was sent or on the spam controls of the recipient. If there are links, images or phrases that AOL Mail service deemed as a spam based on the complaints of other members, it will automatically go to spam folder. If the mail was sent as a mass mail, it will automatically go to spam folder as well.

By marking messages as Spam or Not Spam you are customizing your personal Spam filter to learn what is spam and what is not.
    AOL spam controls filter email for possible spam, even before the mail reaches your Inbox or Spam Folder.

Also, please make sure that these senders are added to your address book.

5. Why can’t we access old email on our PCs instead of having to log into AOL Gold?

I spent over two hours with your techs today trying to make sure that I could download my archived AOL emails to my PC. I have 20 years worth! Only after the full two hours did they finally admit that there was no way to download them on to your PC. You can only access them from inside the desktop software. AOL has effectively taken ******* of thousands of my emails. They’re doing this to everyone. In an age where we’re all the more concerned with our personal privacy, how can AOL justify this? The only possible reason this is…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now save a copy of your emails as a PDF or Text file on your computer, which can be accessed outside of the AOL Desktop Gold.

To do this, open an email from your mailbox, then click on File on the top left and select Save from the drop-down menu. You can type a name for the file in the “File Name” box, select the location where you want to save it, and finally click on Save in the bottom right.

Please note that you can save one email at a time.

6. 'Incoming saved mail' I keep losing folders that I have set up to store some important emails and then I'm told tech can't recover after 7 d

'incoming saved mail' folders are lost and can not be recovered after 7 days so tech told me. WHY? Why are they lost in the first place?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mail folders can disappear from the personal filing cabinet when uninstalling and reinstalling the AOL Desktop Gold. To make sure you will not lose any folders or emails when uninstalling and reinstalling the software, you can create a back-up of the personal filing cabinet using the Export feature, and after the software is reinstalled you can restore the back-up using the Import option.

To use these features:

1. Click the Settings icon on the toolbar.
    2. Click the My Data tab.
    3. Click Export or Import.
    4. Select your file (when Importing).
    5. If exporting, create a password. You’ll be asked for this password when importing the info on another computer. If importing, enter the password you previously created.
    6. Once your personal data is imported, you’ll have access to it on AOL Desktop Gold.

7. What happened to being able to send BCC bulk emails to a list of emails for my group that meets each week. We have always been able to send

What happened to being able to send BCC bulk emails to a list of emails for my group that meets each week. We have always been able to send to our entire email list of group attendees. But today I am trying to do this for my co-leader, and received an undeliverable mail notice from the postmaster...though I did receive a sent email notice from AOL showing that the email with all BCC in bulk were sent! Then after sending and receiving the sent mail notice, I received two minutes later the Undeliverable mail email from postmaster@pdes-usa.com saying:
    User mailbox…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there, for more information about our bulk mail policy, please check the following article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-limits-on-sending-bulk-mail

Regarding the issue you are experiencing, this might not be related to the fact that you have sent a bulk email. The bounce-back error you provided us, mentions a problem with the @pdes-usa.com recipient’s mailbox (the type of problem that their email provider will have to resolve).

When you receive an email with a bounce-back error message, it means that AOL was not able to deliver your email, or that the recipient domain rejected your message.

If you continue to receive a bounce-back error after sending mail, please call us at 1-888-265-3733, and one of our technicians can analyze the error and provide you information about why the message could not be delivered.

8. Spam box shows nonexistant e-mail

My SPAM folder always shows 4 more pieces of SPAM than are actually in the folder. For example, when reading my e-mail the link at the bottom shows 14 pieces of SPAM. Open the folder, you see just 10 pieces of SPAM. The link shows 4 pieces of SPAM but open the folder and there are 0 pieces of SPAM. What's up with that? How do I fix it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

If the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our technical support agents assist you further.

9. OPTIMIZED for sending pictures ISN'T WORKING RIGHT - IT STILL HAS ISSUES and takes WAY TOO LONG

OPTIMIZED for sending pictures ISN'T WORKING RIGHT - IT STILL HAS ISSUES and takes WAY TOO LONG

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

10. I hate having to reclick to get full size with every email that I read. Why can't it be like the old aol and stay the way I set it.

In Search - please bring back the former way of listing the user folder in which a file is found.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. NOTIFY CUSTOMERS WHERE AOL MAIL IS SAVED ON YOUR COMPUTER

When one buys a new computer any AOL mail is saved on your existing PC, it is lost due to the fact that AOL’s Programmers failed to allow you to pick a folder to save those e-mails in so that you can easily transfer those folders to your new computer. AOL wants to charge for technical support to help you with moving the files to the new computer when all AOL customers should be able to do it easily. Just one more bad problem with AOL GOLD Desktop. I do not expect to pay a dime for AOL technical support…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to export the personal filing cabinet (PFC) has been made available in the last update. To export your PFC, go to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – click on the “Export” button, select a location where you want to save the PFC file, then click “Save”. After this you will be given the option to create a password for the PFC file, this step is mandatory, so make sure to write your password down after creating it.

The .export file can be moved to another computer, using an external storage device or online file storage service, and can be imported in AOL Desktop Gold, by going to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – and clicking on the “Import” button (the previously created password is required).

Please note that the .export PFC file cannot be opened, and in order to…

12. I would like to only see

Can you only include the email search for the email I put in the address bar. Right now it searches all emails similar to the one I am putiing in.
    Also Iused to downlaod an pdf and it would open. Now I have to downsize all windows to get to the pdf

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to search for emails by the email address, open the mailbox and click on “Search Mail” on the top, then select “Email Address Only” from the Search drop-down, then type the email address in the “for” field.

To open a PDF file from an email, click on the Download button at the bottom of the email, and then select “Open File” on the Download Confirmation box.

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold