Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

229 results found

1. Using the right aol feedback tool

There are two ways to submit feedback and report bugs in aol desktop gold. Under help, choose either submit feedback or report a bug.

Submit feedback is how to make aol desktop gold better and report a bug is explaining a problem that you're having with aol desktop gold.

I have used both. My understanding is that the report a bug, lets aol engineers look into the problem, while submit feedback lets the aol staff know about things, which can then be passed onto the engineers.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. AOL GOLD? LET'S TALK IDIOTIC.

THE FREE VERSION OF AOL OFFERS MUCH BETTER PHOTO VIEWING AND EDITING WHICH SHOULD BE INCORPORATED INTO AOL GOLD, THE PAID VERSION. YA THINK? THE RAMPANT IDIOCY AT AOL AND VERIZON IS NEAR BREATHTAKING. AOL GOLD IS RIFE WITH BUILT-IN WEAKNESSES AND ONGOING ISSUES THEY REFUSE TO CORRECT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Not Good

There are too many things to talk about here but suffice it to say that AOL has gone so far down the tubes it is ridiculous. Email doesn't work the way it did before. Comments on articles is out of control. It doesn't matter what you say, it will deny your comment based on some ridiculous nonsense that someone says the word you use is bad. Oh, please. Even a medical term is considered 'bad'. ENOUGH!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. arrange data files to improve performance

Please correct your recent APP that supposedly cleans up data to improve performance - it is now just hanging up my online experience.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AOL 800# TECH SUPPORT ACTUALLY MAKE PROBLEMS WORSE. READ BELOW

AOL 800# Tech support is all foreign based so AOL Corporate officers can maximize their pay. AOL Tech Support usually creates more damage and make problems worse. AOL continues to utilize an idiotic, problematic browser arrangement that needs continuous reworking and updating. Their main default, workaround and fallback is to Reload the AOL Gold program via BOMGAR session, which most always causes loss of your AOL program-open settings and loss of all your personal TOOL-BAR settings and Icons which you have placed there, but, of course, always retrains the AOL commercial Icons, which actually can, and should be deleted. These…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If a person can't sign-on because he forgot his password, how can you expect him to log-on to let you know there's a problem?

Why not try being user friendly? Phoning a landline would work in my case. But sending am e-mail to an account that you can't log-on to seems like a waste of everyone's time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Latest update

I don't need to know that microsoft is ending support for windows 7. Every time I sign on, there is a message saying so. There should be an option to not display this message every time I sign on.

Also I got an email from one of the aol testers that might explain why aol is slow at times, but there is no solution. Some of you might have the same issue that I do. I quote,

What appears to be happening is that all your physical memory is being used, and is swapping to the hard drive. We are…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. aol desktop gold running in background

Almost everytime I start aol, my hard drive light stays solid for a good 20 minutes before turning off. Is aol running something in the background that I'm not aware of?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. please allow customers to disable trending suggestionwhen doing search on search bar of AOL Desktop Gold.

please allow customers to disable trending suggestionwhen doing search on search bar of AOL Desktop Gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. new "app"

New Apple only App. Please give us "little people" "average Joe's" a break from everything "woke culture" and make the app available for download whereas IT CAN BE DOWNLOADED AND RAN ON A WINDOWS LAPTOP. We are not all part of the Apple Only culture.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Repetitive Journalism.

Why does AOL have to take a short one paragraph news article and make a novel out of it;. I am talking about the way you repeat the same subject matter over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again and again and again. A good article should contain who, what, where and when, Not what where when and who and where and when and who and when and where and what and who and where and when and where etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Make all your commentary…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. favorites

In Favorites, when creating a file folder and saving websites, there used to be a "red heart" in front of each. Now, AOL has started changing the heart to a company logo (like Allstate, Citibank, etc). I would prefer just keeping the old heart instead. It makes for a cleaner looking file, IMO. Is there anyway of making this an option?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. End aol software manually

A way to end the aol software manually is to use the windows task manager by either pressing ctrl, shift and esc or going to the start button and typing taskmgr.

When the task manager appears, on the applications tab, you can end the aol software by clicking on end task or go to the processes tab, click on the aoldesktop.exe, right click, and left click on end process, and click on yes to confirm.

Two reasons for doing this.
    1) If the software just isn't playing nice with you and freezes
    or
    2) If the software takes over 3…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please allow personalization to save.

When I change a setting to personalize my desktop experience, it never saves when I close out of the desktop. I change the search box to not come up when I start up the program and it never sticks. Other choices revert back to default. Please fix this so I can enjoy my experience with this program.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Details Not Wanted

Why do you list email history in details? It is not helpful and intrusive. Can I delete this feature? Why not ask us before you introduce something like this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I very much like the features of AOL Gold but I am telling you that it does not work like it should. It needs to be fixed.

I very much like the features of AOL Gold but I am telling you that it does not work like it should. It needs to be fixed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. aol desktop gold backup option

If you want to check your aol email and the aol software isn't playing nice with you, there is a second option. Open your preferred browser, go to aol.com and sign in with your screen name and password, click on the option to stay signed in and you'll have your email.

Granted, signing into the aol website isn't quite the same as using aol desktop gold software, but it's a backup option. For some strange reason, the software runs fine on intel hardware, but runs poorly on amd hardware.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. user not maintaining a good connection between the aol software and server

It seems that the aol desktop gold software is not coded right to allow a smooth experience for the user. There is constant freezing for a second or two anytime I try to do anything on the software, from reading email to reading an article to typing feedback.
    A third party browser doesn't have this problem. Things are not always in sync.

It seems like the servers just can't handle the load. A way to fix that would be to add more server capacity. It could also be the amount of network traffic, but again, adding more capacity to the…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to find info on new aol builds

Since the what's new icon seems to have disappeared, the following link takes you to a page where you can read about the newest aol build.

https://beta.aol.com/projects/desktop/windows/?icid=aolclient_favs_whatsnew

Be sure to paste this link into the aol browser and not use a third party browser like firefox or google chrome. This is the only way to read about what an update gives you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. STUPID YAHOO

R U ALL STUPID @ AOL ??????????????? YAHOO IS TAKING OVER MORE & MORE EVERY DAY & U LET THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY EVERY MONTH 4 THEIR TRASH ??????????????????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories