AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of the point system! It means nothing except a popularity contest and that is NOT what AOL is supposed to be!

The point system is a popularity contest and that's disgusting! If people don't like a post then, fine, thumbs down, but now giving points for the number of posts, the number of posts that are liked or read, is ridiculous, unfair, and totally disgusting. GET RID OF IT!

156th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Train your technicians to listen to customers...I have called about this several times...but no one knows an answer to something

You cannot clear the browser by going to EDIT, BROWSER SETTINGS and then clear the cache, cookies, etc. What did you change something that was helpful...but leave so many mistakes as is????

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print Preview

Get rid of print preview or at least make a way to turn it off. It just adds extra steps to a process that is already too slow.

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When saved Password is not accepted, why doesn't it save the TYPED in one?

Several times, upon going to a Facebook URL, I get INCORRECT PASSWORD. I've TYPED in the new one, but AOL GOLD does not ask if I want to replace the old.
    When I went to settings>Browser>password .. There was no Facebook password saved?
    No matter how it was lost, why wasn't a "Want to Save PW asked?"

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names

Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names. It was absurd that you removed this helpful feature just because someone whined about privacy!

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity for me. Everybody seems to have that number.

Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity. BTW, your content is soooooooooo biased it has zero integrity at this point. Just completely worthless.

108th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. EMAIL SERVICEEEEEEE GOES BLANK THIS IS TERRIBLE COSTING ME!!!

About every 3-4 days my email goes blank white and when mine is like this my neighbor has email

When I have email he does not have email
    Please get the new aol gold auto download now

I am a realtor This is costing me money I pay you welllll

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't send email as "To:" not filled in !!!!

This has never been required before, and I don't want this now.

This popped up once before ,in a prior release, but the 'error' was ignored by retrying the send. This time, It flat out won't send it.

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Downloaded pictures disappear.

If I upload one or several pictures from a camera or phone then click Show Them they come up for 15-20 seconds then the entire picture screen disappears and goes back to home screen. They are in the Photos files.

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. COOLCAT deb sure is hornee that ho can go all night

this is very degradeable to all women to come on a website to see everyday would u please ban this guy

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. COOLCAT 7 HRS AGO deb sure is hornee that ho can go all night

this is what this guy puts in the lobby every day he needs to be kicked off aol games this is very bad to call a woman

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incognito type browsing option on AOL

Provide a blind search or browsing option / experience like Google Incognito. I hate to search or open a web page for a hotel or vacation for general information and then constantly get E-mails and pop up ads for that item. This does not happen with Incognito and there is no browsing history.

49th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. control for embedded images

Where is control that lets you show or not show embedded images

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. poor performance

Performance is horrible. I have been an AOL customer for 30 years and in the past few months the speed and performance are horrible and seem to be getting worse. Freezes up, fails to load, SLOW! It is really unacceptable. It seems as though this is a common complaint. When are you going to address? Why am I paying for this?

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wat is Code EC 001?

What is Code EX 4001?

255th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why is this beign censored? Oh, I know - over-censorship because of stupidity on the part of AOL!

I posted the following: "You can say white TV to describe programming that existed before the Civil Rights Act. Except for blacks being depicted as servants or step-'n'- fetchit characters, they didn't exist on TV back then. Things have changed and there is no reason that they should not be allowed to have their own TV programming, such as BET. There are also TV stations that broadcast in Russian, Asian, Polish . . . It had long been considered that the sports sections in the newspapers had been directed at men, not women, because it was believed that women weren't…

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pop up ads are continuously blocking the content of what I am trying to read. How can I stop them?

Do not allow pop up ads to cover the content which I am trying to read. It is very frustrating to close out an ad every 3 - 5 seconds.

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AOL News Leftist Marxist Extreme Liberal bias

Please report news without bias. Your editor's extreme leftist Marxist liberal bias shows with every lead article every day. This is not responsible journalism; this is National Enquirer-style propaganda, and it stinks.

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AOL NEWS is terrible, Fake, and Biased,

I have been an AOL Subscriber for over 25 years and am discouraged as to how terrible, fake, and biased the AOL News feed has become. It will be my MAIN reason for dropping AOL All together.

208th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base