AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When saved Password is not accepted, why doesn't it save the TYPED in one?

Several times, upon going to a Facebook URL, I get INCORRECT PASSWORD. I've TYPED in the new one, but AOL GOLD does not ask if I want to replace the old.
    When I went to settings>Browser>password .. There was no Facebook password saved?
    No matter how it was lost, why wasn't a "Want to Save PW asked?"

119th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 95th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. since when has "trump hahahahahah" been offensive you need to get some of these moderators off Trumps payroll.

since when has "trump hahahahahah" been offensive you need to get some of these moderators off Trumps payroll.

132nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. signature

AOL Desk top Gold should add more options for different Font signatures. AOL Desk top Gold only list a hand full of fonts to select. The Legacy AOL had a hundred fonts to choose from for your signature.

95th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Returning Comments on Bug reported issues. When contacting AOL techs by phone on problems, they tell us to use the “Bug” link to do so. Th

Returning Comments on Bug reported issues.

When contacting AOL techs by phone on problems, they tell us to use the “Bug” link to do so. This can be hopefully helpful since so many of the AOL phone contacts are unproductive and inconsistent from one tech to another. On average, most of the phone-in tech calls’ answers to tech issues are to reinstall AOL Gold, where that often is not the solution. Their tech resolving expertise is usually very shallow. They spend more time trying to sell me a protection package than trying to find an experience supervisor to answer difficult…

78th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

I can escalate this to our engineers please provide me with additional details about the issue you are experiencing.

6. unable to post on articles conversations, the thought police are going to far when opposing views are expressed .who is policing the comment

I am currently unable to post comment on articles unless I have a liberal point of view, who is policing the comment police? I would like to hear from aol on my particular situation but calling and talking to aol they cannot help me at all or wont...
    nothing I commented was inappropriate btw... so lets just skip that idea

176th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Two factor verificaiton

Two factor verification is becoming a real pain!!! I have to do it several times per week every time Windows or AOL updates. It is wasting my time!!! Nice to prevent hacking, but not at the expense of using the software.

132nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If there are posts about political biases in AOL, why are they "reviewed" with the Vote button turned off?

If there are posts in this forum about political biases in AOL, why are they "reviewed" with the Vote button turned off. There may be others who feel the same way about the subject but they are not allowed to "raise their hand" along with everyone else.

176th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity for me. Everybody seems to have that number.

Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity. BTW, your content is soooooooooo biased it has zero integrity at this point. Just completely worthless.

70th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have * w/ you." emails, etc. **! Make it easy!

4th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re adding more spam settings in the near future based on this type of feedback! Thanks for reaching out, so we can improve the ADG experience.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

11. aol really ** anymore. very slow,

aol needs to get on the ball. ** anymore. very slow. rooms not working 2 days now. might as well go out of business,

50th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't post Trump/MAGA ADS on the AOL Welcome page News Feed.

Don't post Trump/MAGA Ads on my AOL Welcome page news feed. I am a paid subscriber who refuses to listen to Trump/MAGA lies about anyone including the Democrats.

200th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. NEW AD SPACE

I see that AOL has no managed to find 1/4 of an inch of space to post yet another ad. What the absolute ****? This ad is right on top of the mailbox where it lists your emails. As if there aren't enough flash ads that eat up memory and resources. Get real AOL and remove that ad along with every other friggin ad you deluge us with.

252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AOL Desktop Gold

Hi team,

AOL desktop gold is currently acting so slow when signing in and loading emails in the mailbox. For instance, it takes 3-5 minutes just to load the emails or to sign in.

Hope this will bring to your attention. Thank you and Godless!

252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When I start reading a new story the advertisements start appearing center on the story and I have to sometimes scroll up to continue readin

and I have to scroll up and sometimes scroll down to continue to read. This is very annoying. This needs to be stopped

252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back the old spam settings

Bring back the old spam settings, AOL Gold is awful, there is so much spam and no way to stop it. What the heck are we paying for anyway. You want all of our money, and for what? You aren't improving anything, only taking things away.

252nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 20th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove from "MY" Favorites- Chat Rooms, AOL Bennefits and AOL Premium Services. At least give us the option

Option to delete AOL Premium Services, AOL My Benefits, and Chat Rooms. These are NOT "MY FAVORITES."

15th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names

Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names. It was absurd that you removed this helpful feature just because someone whined about privacy!

12th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. welcome screen

KEEP UR "ANNOYING" VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT UR WELCOME SCREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U LOSERS & LIARS

219th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base