AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Browser Related Issue

Follow up for the issue that i have reported 4days ago about not being able to utilize and have the reply button for the craigslists.com. Please have it fix as the issue started since 01/27/2019. Please provide me a feedback if possible as this is a work related website for me and it's not satisfying to know that it's available in AOL Desktop Gold. Thanks.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I GET 25 TO 30 SPAM EMAILS A DAY. IT IS INSANE! YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWING REPORT 1,000 PEOPLE TO REPORT. YOU NEED TO ALLOW MORE SPAMS TO BE

You are not allowing more then 1,000 people to be blocked in the spam filter. This is insane. I get 25-40 of these a day, and I am fed up. You need to fix your software to allow more in numbers!

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. easier way to block unwanted email

place button on bottom of email folder to block email from this user. if a highlighted email could be blocked by just clicking blockn then we wouldnt have to waste so much time going back and forth cutting and pasting addresses from messages to the spam block box which mine is getting pretty full now

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Convenient Email settings gone.

New Gold Format has taken away small, but convenient settings. I now have to open each one of my screens to see if there is mail. Old Format showed number of emails on Sign On screen list.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them eaiser to find?

I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them easier to find?

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search mail feature!

When I search for a particular email address, I want mail "from that one person". I now get ALL the emails that this person was included in, such as in 'group' emails, like my Lions club. Some of those people also send me "personal" emails and I want to be able to search for the one particular email from that one particular person. This is how this "search" used to work and how it SHOULD work. Please switch this feature back to how it was...it is driving me crazy!

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

47th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. What happened to the "back to the top" button?

What happened to the "back to the top" button?

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why desktop only allows 50 names to filter into files?

I am allowed to create as many files as I want, yet only allowed a total of 50 names to be filtered into those files. Why not more.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam and then Recently Deleted....the way it is now is terribly confus

Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam, and then Recently Deleted...makes much more sense!!!!! Please!!!!

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clear button in 'Quick Find' box

Please add a 'clear' button, or 'X', in the green 'Quick Find' box. Thanks.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need for Email Dictionary for Users Who Inadvertently Add Misspelled Words, Including Names!

I wrote yesterday requesting that AOL Gold users have their email dictionaries restored so that if users approve a misspelled word, they can go into their dictionaries and delete a word or name mistakenly approved so that it will not be accepted by the AOL spellcheck feature in the future. Today, I know more. If I misspell a proper noun or name and, for example, spell Dr. Yaryura, Yarura without the second "y," AOL Gold will accept the misspelled "Yarura," and I will look anywhere from rude to insulting to stupid because intelligent people in the communications field use their…

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Grammerly

It will correct spelling and Grammer mistakes in email.

47th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. spell check

Please give us back the Skip all option in Spell check in a document with proper names or items not recognized by spell check: You kept Replace all so why not Skip all!
    And please all us to start spell check where the curser is: Since we cannot click Skip All we have to repeat every word we want to keep that you do no recognize which in a long email can be time consuming!
    Bottom line after reading all the other suggestions, just give us back 9.8! When something isn't broken don't fix it! Gold is a disaster on…

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cannot use gmail without constant refresh

gmail is compromised and requires constant refreshing

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. auto fill option

I have asked before, when will aol have an auto fill option for name, address etc as other browsers Chrome,Mozilla etal

76th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Feedback and Knowledge Base