AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TOO MANY ADS !!!! And we pay for this?? Time for a change.

TOO MANY ADS !!! and we pay for this??
    Time for a change.

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am no longer getting "click" sound when saving or deleting emails. Help

Called tech support twice and got no fix on my problem. I want return of "click" or "beep" sound when moving mail to (save in folder) or deleting.

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AOL home page ads

I no longer want to see the Jockey ad on my AOL Welcome screen

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Making the compose box bigger

Make the compose box field on AOL Desktop Gold bigger or expand it so that when I compose an email, it will be the format the way what I want. Make it like what you have on AOL Mail website.

123rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bring back animations to email

stationery is lame but better than nothing THE OLD ANIMATIONS AND MUSIC were great bring them back to us.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AOL - you get dumber every day!!! REMOVE THEW STUPID PRINT PREVIEW!!!!!

AOL - you get dumber every day!!! REMOVE THE
    STUPID PRINT PREVIEW!!!!!

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AOL Survey Does Not Show a Link

Survey Link Not Working –

I received an AOL Survey email with the following text:

Note: If the survey link doesn’t work, check to see if your browser allows pop-ups.

There is no link to click on.

I called the AOL phone tech and she said the problem is with AOL.

The link does appear on AOL Web mail.

6/25/20

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Website issue

Cannot get into the Capital One website. I wasn't able to access some features of the website when i go there.

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the AOL Desktop Gold, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are looking into this as we speak.

If your browser crashes, please try the following steps to enhance your experience:

a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG
    If the user had not previously checked the ‘Browser Cache’ clear footprint option, it can be restored using these additional steps
    d. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    e. Uncheck the ‘Browser Cache’ box

We would appreciate it if you would send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this further investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from…

12. since when has "trump hahahahahah" been offensive you need to get some of these moderators off Trumps payroll.

since when has "trump hahahahahah" been offensive you need to get some of these moderators off Trumps payroll.

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Background vs Stationery

You obviously misunderstood, we didn't want your stationery, we want to be able to OUR OWN backgrounds like before. How difficult is that? You don't even understand what your customers want or need, yet you increase the rates? That's almost laughable. You're stealing from us. Why didn't you take notes of AOL 9.8.2 before you cut it off? You don't have a clue as to what we want or need. You're not even trying to satisfy us. Why not?

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would just like to request for the (DOMINOES ALL FIVES) to work and for AOL to recreate the game so its going to be compatible in using he

I would just like to request for the (DOMINOES ALL FIVES) to work and for AOL to recreate the game so its going to be compatible in using here on the software without going to a different browser. Hopefully it will work soon here. ***

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. is there anyway of only allowing people i know from emailing me. We use to have it

is there anyway of only allowing people i know from emailing me. We use to have it

169th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to open favorites. When I copy theURL for the favorite I want and paste it on INTERNET EXPLORER ti opens.

Unable to open favorites. When I copy theURL for the favorite I want and paste it on INTERNET EXPLORER ti opens

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 195th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Request Make Similar New Instant Messages

Hi I would like to request to AOL Desktop Gold please make new similar new instant messages add to AOL Desktop Gold

169th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to use AOL chats on my devices, but you don't allow it!

I would like to use AOL chats on my devices, but as of now, you allow neither Linux computers, nor Android tablets to do so. You don't presently allow it, but that's really up to you, isn't it? Would you please accommodate it?

195th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base