AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clear button in 'Quick Find' box

Please add a 'clear' button, or 'X', in the green 'Quick Find' box. Thanks.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. there needs to be a way to save multiple emails, as a group to a flash drive or hard copy

there needs to be a way to select multiple emails, and save them all as individual files, to a flash drive, hard drive, etc so they can be used/viewed individually... OFF SITE from AOL or required internet access.

I have a situation where I need to make a copy of 249 emails and present them all, as separate, electronic files, as evidence in a court case. All 249 emails are saved - on AOL, in the PFC, and accessible... but only through internet access. I need to submit a flash drive to the court with all of the files, as…

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SCREEN SHOTS SHOULD BE ADDED HERE !

YOU ALL should have it to where someone could upload a screen shot to sees what someone is talkin about

adding the upload option HERE makes good sense ;-)

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why do we have to keep clicking

Why do we have to keep clicking backwards to get back to article #1? Refresh used to do it instantly but you've removed that option. And no, clicking on "refresh" at the AOL logo does not do the same - it only refreshes the page you're on!

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let me help improve available sound

Your 'new' aol voice/wav files or aol sounds for mail are aweful, they seem geared to a younger generation or something.
    I have compiled a folder of some sounds that you may be able to use that would be SO much better.

Can't someone review these and decide if you guys can add them to what is available to us? I put together only the short, non-offensive, simple wavs to use as sound.
    Can you at least look it over and consider them? If so, I will send them on to you.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. auto fill option

I have asked before, when will aol have an auto fill option for name, address etc as other browsers Chrome,Mozilla etal

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why desktop only allows 50 names to filter into files?

I am allowed to create as many files as I want, yet only allowed a total of 50 names to be filtered into those files. Why not more.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. complaints

one of your advertisers is using a Walmart gift card scam that voilated several laws including SS# and credti card number

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Addressbook- should keep the option to select either the first or lastname first to reflect when sending an email.

give the same option we have in the web mail - either display first-lastname or lastname-firstname

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. words banned from chat

Please review common words and terms that are currently banned from posting in chat rooms. For example: Magna *** Laude, a Latin term which means to graduate from college with high distinction. Also, "kitty litter" when chatting about pet cats, and "blow," as in to blow out candles on a birthday cake. Your censors apparently do not understand common English or Latin words and how they are used. There should not be any reason to prevent their posting. Not everybody's mind is in the gutter.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. download manager

Please give me the ability to change the default folder used by the Download Manager.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Browser Related Issue

Follow up for the issue that i have reported 4days ago about not being able to utilize and have the reply button for the craigslists.com. Please have it fix as the issue started since 01/27/2019. Please provide me a feedback if possible as this is a work related website for me and it's not satisfying to know that it's available in AOL Desktop Gold. Thanks.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Product Support responded

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The engineering team is aware of this issue, and is working on a solution. Thank you for your understanding.

15. I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

16th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them eaiser to find?

I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them easier to find?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GRAY BAR APPEARS OVER CHAT BOX

WHEN I GO TO A CHAT ROOM IN THE CHAT COMMUNITY, THE CHAT BOX WHERE YOU TYPE IS COVERED WITH A GRAY BAR. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU MAXIMIZE THE CHAT WINDOW. THE MINUTE YOU MAXIMIZE, THE GRAY BAR APPEARS COVERING THE CHAT BOX WHERE YOU TYPE. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The engineering team is currently working to resolve this.

20. CLOSE MAIL BOX

I want to close my mail box, I have other screen names that usually I closed the mail box, now are full of spam. Please put back that option

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base