AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop destroying the Icons.

First you destroyed the "smiley face" by giving it a moronic-looking open mouth. A smiley face is a smiley face. This new thing is not. Now I see you've destroyed the cute "wink." It's substitute is overblown and ugly. Are you deliberately trying to destroy aol? Or has aol been gobbled up by just another tasteless megawhatever?

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar Look Back

Calendar Only allows a 2-1/2 year look back on a rolling basis.

How about at least 5 yrs ? 10 yr look back even better.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. lastpass

If you use Lastpass as your password manager, you need to leave AOL and open another browser, like Chrome, to log on to another account.

It would be good to have a Lastpass extension for the AOL browser.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download Manager

Thank you for finally adding the download manager feature. The only objection I have to it is that it is not nearly as good at the one in the last AOL version. In that one, I had several Favorites saved in one place and could just click on one of them and bring it up. Now, I click on one of them and it is saved so that I have to go to my documents to bring it up. Why did you add another step? Please go back to the last version and use whatever programming you used to make…

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bold font color is good - dark and easily read -- on regular type font the color - so faint it is hard to read

The font on articles other than titles which are a good dark color is extremely light and difficult to read. needs to be fixed- adjusted or something to darken the color of regular type in an article.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What the Heck is going on????? Can't open some of my mail finding duplicate address in my address book and then some of them aren't right

Some of my emails are coming up blank have to click 2 or 3 times. Finding duplicate addresses in address book and some of them are omitting letters or numbers or extra letters and numbers have been added. If it not one thing its another why can't you get your ---- together and give us what we pay for? AOL from **** ever since new people took it over. This is bull

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AOL desktop gold is not automatically detected by windows 10 as a default email program

AOL desktop gold is not automatically detected by windows 10 as a default email program.

Whenever a file needs to be open uses aol gold , it will not attach the whole file automatically. currently files needs to be attach or download manually.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fix the mail

anybody alive at aol. I don't think they are and if they are they don't give a dam about there customers. They ***** something up that was working just fine.Put the mail back like it was so we can tell what it is.This is the last month I pay for this junk.I don't think anybody works there it is all computer controlled

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. benefits plan failure

none of the monthly benefits pages or programs attach to activate. Just takes us back to welcome screen

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable random keystrokes

How do I disable the random keystrokes when I try to rename a file/picture before I download it? A real PITA when you are trying to find it and you don't know what "harry" it's now called!

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The space between columns on the mail has changed. I have to make the subject column bigger. Please go back to the old column widths.

The column sizes on mail has changed. I now have to make the subject column wider each time. Please go back to the old way.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AOL settings

i want to have single line format whenever i send emails.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. and ******* should not be posted where children and adults view it. Please monitor these sites better so that children and adults are not

Why don't you monitor filthy language posted on feedback, i.e., Trump Presidency (5/24/19), I personally don't like him and I don't know what the person who wrote was angry about put the posting should never have gone out to the public. Very disappointed in AOL.

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fix the mail

put the mail back like it was before you'll screwed it up.I like the way it was I could tell what it was about

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desktop and MAC

I want your desktop to be MAC compatible!!!!

91st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

59th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. words banned from chat

Please review common words and terms that are currently banned from posting in chat rooms. For example: Magna *** Laude, a Latin term which means to graduate from college with high distinction. Also, "kitty litter" when chatting about pet cats, and "blow," as in to blow out candles on a birthday cake. Your censors apparently do not understand common English or Latin words and how they are used. There should not be any reason to prevent their posting. Not everybody's mind is in the gutter.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Feedback and Knowledge Base