AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. lastpass

If you use Lastpass as your password manager, you need to leave AOL and open another browser, like Chrome, to log on to another account.

It would be good to have a Lastpass extension for the AOL browser.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download Manager

Thank you for finally adding the download manager feature. The only objection I have to it is that it is not nearly as good at the one in the last AOL version. In that one, I had several Favorites saved in one place and could just click on one of them and bring it up. Now, I click on one of them and it is saved so that I have to go to my documents to bring it up. Why did you add another step? Please go back to the last version and use whatever programming you used to make…

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bold font color is good - dark and easily read -- on regular type font the color - so faint it is hard to read

The font on articles other than titles which are a good dark color is extremely light and difficult to read. needs to be fixed- adjusted or something to darken the color of regular type in an article.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete multiple emails on ADG

Now I need to go to a different browser to go to aol mail in order to delete multiple emails at a time. It is not available on desk top gold and they have to be deleted one at a time in your platform

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nobody looks for science news from Mom.me. JUST FUKCING STOP IT.

Nobody looks for science news from Mom.me. JUST F'ING STOP IT.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PICTURES IMBEDDED ARE NOT SHOWING UP!!!

I HAVE JUST SENT 6 EMAILS WITH A SMALL PICTURE IN EACH EMAIL. NOT A SINGLE PICTURE SHOWS UP IN THE EMAIL, JUST THE LITTLE BLUE BOX THAT AOL SHOWS WHEN THEY HAVE SCREWED UP YET AGAIN. FIX THIS CONSTANT RECURRING PROBLEM, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS FOR US TO NOT BE ABLE TO SEND PICTURES. I'M USING THE PICTURE ICON ON THE EMAIL HEADER, NOT COPYING AND PASTING PICTURES, SO THERE ISN'T ANY REASON THE PICTURES AREN'T SHOWING UP. YOU NEED TO QUIT JACKING US AROUND AND GIVE US A CONSISTENTLY WORKABLE PROGRAM.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The old AOL versions had a way to repair the program if it stopped working correctly. This one doesn't. Why not?

The old AOL versions had a way to repair them if they no longer worked right. The "new" Gold doesn't have that. It no longer saves passwords on websites for me. I tried to find a place where I could make repairs, but there is nothing. CAN WE EXPECT THAT TO BE ADDED SOON? I hate the Gold version, which has always be very inferior to the last one!!!!!!

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Convenient Email settings gone.

New Gold Format has taken away small, but convenient settings. I now have to open each one of my screens to see if there is mail. Old Format showed number of emails on Sign On screen list.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Desktop and MAC

I want your desktop to be MAC compatible!!!!

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

59th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. words banned from chat

Please review common words and terms that are currently banned from posting in chat rooms. For example: Magna *** Laude, a Latin term which means to graduate from college with high distinction. Also, "kitty litter" when chatting about pet cats, and "blow," as in to blow out candles on a birthday cake. Your censors apparently do not understand common English or Latin words and how they are used. There should not be any reason to prevent their posting. Not everybody's mind is in the gutter.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Health News

Please put back the Health News category. I always use it as I am interested in this category . I would think other people are also interested.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. write mail

It would be convenient when a user has multiple accounts /user names if the "write mail" screen would display the user name currently logged in. Example:
    "Write mail from User1234"

68th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bring back animations to email

stationery is lame but better than nothing THE OLD ANIMATIONS AND MUSIC were great bring them back to us.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transfer Group and its contents to another AOL ID

Give us the ability to create a GROUP name with people listed within the group which we can do now.
    Have the ability to share the GROUP and its contents to another AOL user.
    For instance I created a group under my BIZCAM3 and I want to put on my wife's ID also.

How can this be done?

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I am having trouble reading the printed lines on Huffington/AOL News as the AVANTIS VIDEO is horrible and covers about 1/2 the screen.

As repeated the AVANTIS VIDEO should be removed permanently as it blocks about 1/2 the screen of what I am trying to read with annoying videos and no X to remove it. I am constantly removing other ads in order to read and see photos from articles I may like. Frankly it is getting a bit much and free AOL was much better than paying for it and getting poor service. I have had this email address since 1988 so not happy when it creates problems, blocks email I wish to receive, etc.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Feedback and Knowledge Base