AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam and then Recently Deleted....the way it is now is terribly confus

Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam, and then Recently Deleted...makes much more sense!!!!! Please!!!!

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar Look Back

Calendar Only allows a 2-1/2 year look back on a rolling basis.

How about at least 5 yrs ? 10 yr look back even better.

104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Transfer Group and its contents to another AOL ID

Give us the ability to create a GROUP name with people listed within the group which we can do now.
    Have the ability to share the GROUP and its contents to another AOL user.
    For instance I created a group under my BIZCAM3 and I want to put on my wife's ID also.

How can this be done?

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot use gmail without constant refresh

gmail is compromised and requires constant refreshing

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. lastpass

If you use Lastpass as your password manager, you need to leave AOL and open another browser, like Chrome, to log on to another account.

It would be good to have a Lastpass extension for the AOL browser.

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bold font color is good - dark and easily read -- on regular type font the color - so faint it is hard to read

The font on articles other than titles which are a good dark color is extremely light and difficult to read. needs to be fixed- adjusted or something to darken the color of regular type in an article.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Health News

Please put back the Health News category. I always use it as I am interested in this category . I would think other people are also interested.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Importing favorites from a different browser.

I am not able to import into Desktop Gold my favorites (bookmarks) from Chrome or Internet explorer. It seems as if you use a different protocol than the other browsers.

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. EVERY TIME THAT KAYNE WEST THING POPS UP, WE HIT CLOSE AND ANY VIDEO OR ADVERTISEMENT AFTER THAT IS NEVER SEEN.

EVERY TIME THAT KAYNE WEST THING POPS UP, WE HIT CLOSE AND ANY VIDEO OR ADVERTISEMENT AFTER THAT IS NEVER SEEN.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Format control of emails page

I want to see and control more emails at once than the new gold allows and show only what I want to see

On aol anywhere I can
    - change the size and adjust how many emails show up on the list
    - use one hand and click on the side boxes to delete a large number of emails as a first run through
    - not have all the icons take up a quarter of the page

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add commas to addresses in groups

I send newsletters to 300 people once a month. Addresses often change and I delete my group and create a new one from time to time. Each time I have to add commas to the addresses one by one in step 3 of the Manage Group page. Can this be done automatically?

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. would like program like boomerang for gmail so can have draft of email sent on certain day and time you select days before it is to be sent

Want program like Boomerang for gmail that allows you to draft email days or weeks before it is sent and this email is automatically sent on the day and time you select it to be sent.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Default Browser: I asked, & AOL support answered.. Now add it to AOL HELP.

Those answers all assume AOL IS NOT CONSTANTLY STEALING IT AWAY!! & you've Ignored EDGE, VIVALDI & DUCKDUCKGO

P.S There's really a better way

1.Click the start menu, and in the search box, search for Default Programs.
    2.Click on Default Programs.
    3.Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    4.In that Window, find .htm & .html
    5.Click on .htm, then 'Change program' (at top)
    6.Click on YOUR PREFERRED BROWSER, click OK.
    7.Repeat for html

176th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base