AOL Desktop Gold Beta

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! Click here to go to the Beta Landing page for a list of the latest features and fixes.

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. SCREEN SHOTS SHOULD BE ADDED HERE !

YOU ALL should have it to where someone could upload a screen shot to sees what someone is talkin about

adding the upload option HERE makes good sense ;-)

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When doing a "Quick Find:" in "Sent" emails.. One search fails.

When I change to the "Sent" folder, and search for "UnknownSender@..."
    (Blind copy email).. as I type the letter "U", all emails with "U" in either the To: ID or the Subjeet line -ARE- found. When "Un" is entered, it also finds all. But upon type the rest, "Unkno...." it fails.. None are found..

Also, why does the header in "Sent" emails say "FROM" ?????

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE! Please switch the "Delete All" button with the "Delete" button on SPAM folder.

New mail delete is on right side and on spam it's delete all on right side. I have unwillingly deleted all on spam when all I wanted was to delete one mail. Too confusing and darn frustrating because I can't recover what was deleted.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Default Browser: I asked, & AOL support answered.. Now add it to AOL HELP.

Those answers all assume AOL IS NOT CONSTANTLY STEALING IT AWAY!! & you've Ignored EDGE, VIVALDI & DUCKDUCKGO

P.S There's really a better way

1.Click the start menu, and in the search box, search for Default Programs.
    2.Click on Default Programs.
    3.Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    4.In that Window, find .htm & .html
    5.Click on .htm, then 'Change program' (at top)
    6.Click on YOUR PREFERRED BROWSER, click OK.
    7.Repeat for html

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. While writing an email, my font is "Segoe ,," yet it is not in the font list..

When I pasted other text into the email, it pasted in as my default "Comic Sans MS". There was no way to change it to match the "Segoe" font...

If you can *identify* a script, why can't you allow us to use it???

28th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back feature to automatically start AOL when it crashes

There was a box to check in 9.8 if you wanted AOL to automatically restart after a crash.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File Downloading

When an email has a file attached now, (1) it doesn't open like they used to and (2) there is no means to open files via Aol software like before. This is crazy! Now if you download something you have to find it on your computer which isn't always easy.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

The product team is planning some changes to the handling of attachments. When you download a window opens allowing you access to the attachment unless you have that turned off. Outside of that what would you like to see different in how we handle attachments? Please reply in a comment to this post.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

10. There are NUMEROUS 'suggested' problems not being fixed.

I, and others, have been suggesting problems that need to be fixed - yet none are being done ever since you've forced users onto the Gold Beta.

Will this BETA ever get the fixes being asked for?

14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add back "Insert Hyperlinks"

Though there is the "insert Hyperlink" with the drop-down on highlighted text when writing an email, It DOES NOT work!!
    The word to add does get added, in the 'hyperlink color' but the Hyperlink does not get added.
    IN FACT - when hyperlinked images or words are added via copy/paste or "Reply To", the hyperlinks disappear

14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE, PLEASE , PLEASE FIX "THE BASICS"

FIX THE BASICS AOL GOLD IS WORST PROGRAM I EVER USED. I BEEN USING COMPUTERS SINCE 1987.

1.) SAVE DRAFT SHOULD SAVE THE ORIGINAL DRAFT ONLY
    "1 TIME" IT SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES.

2) COPY, PASTE, CUT, UNDO, SPELL CHECK WORKS ONLY 50% OF TIME.

3. BROWESER EDIT WORKS 50% OF TIME

4. IT TAKES 4-10 CLICKS FOR EMAIL TO OPEN SOMETIMES IT FREEZES.DOESNT OPEN AT ALL, OR WILL NOT SEND.

THESE ARE BASIC EMAIL FEATURES WE USE EVERY DAY. ARE WE HAVING A LANGUAGE BARRIER HERE, YOU ARE FIXING THINGS NORMAL PEOPLE USE ONCE A MONTH!!!

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIX BASIC BROWSER BUGS P-L-E-A-S-E

FORGET STICKY KEYS, AND SORTING ORDER. FIS THE BASICS. AFTER 2O YRS I NEVER SAW WEBSITE WITH SO MANY ERRORS, ITS TECH 1989 ALL OVER AGAIN
    I USE COPY PASTE, & SPELL CHECK EVERY TIME I SIG ON/

AOL GOLD BROWSER HARDLY FUNCTIONS.
    1...SPELL CHECK IN WEBSITES-FORMS WORKS 25% OF TIME
    2....COPY PASTE WORKD 25% OF TIME
    3... EROR MESSAGES 50% OF TIME
    4... EMAIL SUBJECT BAR, CANT PASTE REPEAT SUBJECTS.
    5.. PROGRAMMERS SHOUDL USE THE EMAIL AND AOL BROWSER ... IN 1 DAY THEY WILL SEE MOST OF THE ERRORS.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. can't handle large PFC..

aol gold can't handle a large PFC..constantly accessing the hard drive..this doesn't happen with my other screen names that have a small PFC..the old AOL did not have this issue..

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Top line - Edit - Find in Top Window .. Needs count

When using the Find in Top Window (A *VERY* useful tool!)
    there is NO count of items found. When the searched for word is NOT in the top window, no indication is given (i.e. Not Found!) and when many are found, well same thing - no count..

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Will you please put the date on the posts . This is Sunday February 4 2018 with newest date first.

Will you please put the date on the posts . This is Sunday February 4 2018 with newest date first. , thanks..... Nancy

28th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Thank you + font

Thank you for now allowing emojis to be used in sent emails and also for emblems/crests in letter headings to be included on emails.
    Is it possible to link the fonts on word processors to fonts on sent emails? This was done on earlier versions of AOL. Commercial script and Cloister Black would be welcomed by me.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Reply to' feature

It would be great to have a 'Reply to' feature. In other words, if user A sends an email to user B and user B replies, the email goes back to user A. If user A could have a 'Reply to' feature e.g.,, user A could insert a different screen name for replies. I use AOL GOLD for our home owners association and most people have the tendency to reply to an email rather than forwarding it to an email address specified in the body of the email. In this case, a 'Reply To' feature would be great.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. On the AOL APP for Android phones, there is ability to select: ALL, Read, UNRead, etc..

when I go to ANY email folder on the phone APP, I can choose 'view UNREAD' or others

This would be a VERY NICE enhancement for the Desktop.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold Beta

Feedback and Knowledge Base