Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

Bring back my buddy list!! Bring back IM's! Bring back the superb photo processing! Bring back the best emoticons anyone had! Bring back AOL

Bring back my buddy list!! Bring back IM's! Bring back the superb photo processing! Bring back the best emoticons anyone had! Bring back AOL when it was great.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elaina shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Information Requested  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Our product team would like to have more information around what you mean by Superb photo processing. Could you please reply in a comment to this post what features in particular are you looking for?

AIM has been Sunset and there are no plans to bring it back. The team does plan on offering an expanded list of emoticons in the future.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the BUDDY LIST and IM's!!!
        AOL is worthless without it.. I can use any other email service if I want just normal email..
        I also hate that you made us upgrade to GOLD! it is absolutely awful.. let me go back to Aol 9.7

• Denver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My comment was deleted, but I'll gladly add it here. AOL Desktop is worthless without the buddy list and AIM. You can go on Chrome and Firefox to surf the web. AIM is what made the client complete. I just don't understand WHY we are continuing beta testing something that is going downhill since AIM is no longer functional and was a big part of the AOL Client.

Sending photos inside email was simple, you clicked a button if you wanted the photo to be automatically resized just to send to look at or let it the original size. That's it, simple.

Aol used to be "THE THING" and has gone down hill terribly. You've stripped Aol of what made it great, and you expect people to pay for this?

• Celia Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now have been made to use AOL BETA GOLD. Now it has gone wrong and I cannot have any AOL AT ALL. AAAAAAAarrrgh!!!!!

• Huy Phan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well,seen AIM has been Sunset and will not bring back.I am waiting for the team plan on offering an expanded list of emoticons.

• Elaina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inside AOL Email, We could size the photos, choose placement within the email, choose options to label the picture next to, above or below the picture. One could open pictures in AOL SW and they would load inside the email

Taking away our buddy list has cut us off from friends we have known for decades here on AOL. It makes chat rooms useless. Sometimes one would save the IM and put it into a friend's folder for later reference. I have friends overseas with whom I have always chatted on AOL. Now it is more difficult to find each other to talk. And it can't be saved for reference.

One wonders how anyone could buy the system and have so little idea about critical nature of the buddy list and Instant message to the value of using AOL.

The system, as it was built, was unrivaled in the industry. You have destroyed it.

• jay castro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the buddylist is an important feature we all need and love,its a must.its part of what made aol so great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base