Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

version 11.0.1630 still seems buggy in performance slow and hangs up anyone else with this issue

maybe too many bells and whistles slowing down performance any way those non mandatory features or add ons can be removed? anyone else noticiing sluggish performance and hang ups???

23rd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

louge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminProduct Support (Admin, AOL) responded  · 

Please report this problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Heather Mayfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It wont send emails. You tried to tell my dad he was hacked... a 73 yr old man was being hacked by S Korea, China, and oh I forget what other nonsense you told him. I am having the same issues. Trying to send a simple email it will tell me you are having technical difficulties and try again later. WTF? I have used AOL mail since dial up days. Get this ish fixed or we out. Or get out of the game. For reals.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had this issue from day one with the new AOL GOLD..starts up in half screen..takes foever to load..once online it stops responding..click on mail icon..takes FOREVER to load..SLOW SLOW SLOW. this new AOL can't handle a large PFC>..its that simple..

• louge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this version does not match my current version of beta so I must have the non beta and beta version on different laptops. not sure the differences between the beta one versus the latest version of non beta.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

STILL BUGGY?

THIS AOL VERSION HARDLY FUNCTIONS.
        SPELL CHECK STOPS WORKING (IN A OPEN WEBISTE PAGE AFTER FEW MINUTES)
        COPY PASTE INTO A WEBSITE DOESN'T WORK, UNLESS YOU CONVERTED TO PLAIN TEXT. THESE ARE BASIC FUNCTIONS  WHICH WORK EVERYWHERE EXCEPT "AOL-MUD"

AOL GOLD ACTS LIKE A ARCHAIC 20 YEAR OLD WEB SITES USE TO.

AOL IS THE ONLY "PAYING EMAIL SERVICE" AND IS THE WORST OF ALL.

WE ARE PAYING AOL TO HARVEST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES AND USE US AS READY BUYERS,
        WHICH EVERY OTHER WEBSITE OFFERS FOR FREE, AND SPENDS MILLIONS TO BE ABLE TO GET USERS EMAILS. WE PAY AOL TO USE US. :-(...

YAHOO, GOOGLE, MS, FB. TWITTER.
        THEY ALL LET YOU USE EMAILS FOR FREE SO THEY CAN ADVERTISE & SELL TO USERS.
        ALL ARE FREE & ALL ARE 10X BETTER THAN A JOKE AOL GOLD.

IT WAS DEVELOPED BY INEXPERIENCED 3RD WORLD PROGRAMMERS,
        WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND WESTERNERS DO NOT TOLERATE INCOMPETENCE OR ERRORS...
        "ESPECIALLY WHEN WE PAY FOR IT".

TAKING A YEAR TO CLEAN UP BETA VERSION AND RELEASING IT TO PUBLIC.
        WITH THOUSANDS OF UNRESOLVED ERRORS,  IS BEYOND EMBARRASSING.

IT TAKES FEW HOURS TO RESOLVE AN ERROR  NOT A WEEK
        (I OWN WEBSITE & HAVE DEVELOPERS & I KNOW)

• louge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sluggish performance and hang ups of gold beta noted with version 11.0.1630...anyone else have this issue

Feedback and Knowledge Base